Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: February 14th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Oklahoma City Thunder - 25-33

Pelicans February 14th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Oklahoma City Thunder - 25-33

It is Valentine's Day, love is in the air, and what better day for Anthony Davis' last game in a New Orleans Pelicans uniform! There is always the chance that he plays after the AS break, but I wouldn't be willing to put any money on it, especially after the tragedy that was the Orlando game.

Tonight we take on the 37-19 OKC Thunder, featuring a guy that's shooting 41% from the floor and 24% from three, Russell Westbrook. Of course, he's averaging a triple double again so people will pretend he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but his already inefficient offensive game has reached new lows. Luckily for him, he's on the same team as Paul George, and Paul George is averaging a career best 28.7 points per game, on 45% from the floor and 42% from three, having averaged 39.7 points per game so far in February. He is having his best career year by a country mile, and that includes on the defensive end as he puts up a net rating of +16 and has as many defensive win shares as Westbrook has win shares total.

OKC have gone 14-5 so far in 2019, and have won 11 of their last 12. Things are going very well for them, and unless we come out tonight with a real sense of urgency, this could be just as bad as the Orlando game, or even worse. There is a chance that this could be the most humiliating game of the season yet, and that's saying something. I'm just hoping that AD either has the good graces to bow out early, or actually put the effort in for his last game as a New Orleans Pelican. Even if he tries, we're likely to lose this one, but there is the potential for a good, respectable game here. The team just needs to find it.

If we lose tonight, we fall to 25-34 on the season, which keeps us well in the hunt for 7th. Our pick has already moved from 10th to 8th over the course of this mini-tank, and our odds of jumping into the top 4 have gone from 13.9% to 26% in the process. Similarly, our odds of jumping up to the #1 pick with our own selection have increased from 3% to 6%. Still small probabilities, but I'll take every percentage point.

Let's go and have some fun before the AS break!
    Basketball.

You mean YHT? At least beat YHT tonight. Give tanking a rest tonight.

Jesus look at our attendance on TNT. You see this Adam Silver

Starting tonight we're 8th, 1 game behind the Wizards and 3.5 behind Memphis for 6th. 5.5 games behind Atlanta for 5th, but that would be a reach with only 23 games left after the break.

Yeah I think the most we could fall is down to about 5th but it'll be hard.

They should assess OKC a technical just for wearing those uniforms. That's one ugly combination there.

What record is Russ goin for tonight?

Red Panda is best halftime show.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Red Panda is best halftime show.
    Where are you, I don't see you here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Where are you, I don't see you here?
    Oh no I'm not at the game. I'm watching the Pelicans feed so I saw her performance from the camera.

I just wish Joel and Wesley were calling instead of having to hear tnt guys.

AD injured?!?! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    AD injured?!?! LOL
    Just came over big board- Davis out - left Shoulder. That's it . Let the purge begin!!!!

Wouldn't it be ironic if AD isn't able to play in the All Star game?

I can watch THIS team (4:57 left in the 3rd) all year long and pay to watch them too.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

This team is so bipolar.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Wouldn't it be ironic if AD isn't able to play in the All Star game?
    Does ironic mean FUNNY ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This team is so bipolar.
    LOL. Lose by 30 to Magic then come back the next game and lead a 37-19 OKC team by 15 late in the 3rd. If our best players would have played with this intensity all season long AD might not have needed to look elsewhere to find a competitive team. But he's as much at fault as any of them.

This team is so bipolar.
    Of course. They're showing off for those TNT cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Does ironic mean FUNNY ?
    No, it means ironic. I have to say, for a superstar, he sure suffers a ton of little naggy type injuries. I bet players like Novitski and LBJ and Kobe, you never even heard about half the things that AD leaves games for.

This team is so bipolar.
    No, this team has a tumor...that was removed at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    No, it means ironic. I have to say, for a superstar, he sure suffers a ton of little naggy type injuries. I bet players like Novitski and LBJ and Kobe, you never even heard about half the things that AD leaves games for.
    This one may not count though. Even Al wants to sit AD so the sign of any pain whatsoever - out for the game

Every time Jrue plays iso ball I expect him to turn it over

Live by the sword die by the sword. Pelicans management

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    This one may not count though. Even Al wants to sit AD so the sign of any pain whatsoever - out for the game
    How about about for the season?

Randle trynna keep the tank alive like a good boy

Thread Information