Pelicans Report

Thread: What package of players do you want ?

What package of players do you want ?

Tatum + Smart + picks & players

Zion + Knox +DSJ + picks

Kuzma + Ingram + players + picks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 02-14-2019 at 10:04 AM.

I was all in for Tatum and friends but the more I’m watching Zion man this guy is going to be a superstar in this league I’m leaning toward the Knicks package .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    The Knicks package is a long shot. They’ll only have a 14% chance of getting the first pick. Even if they did get the pick they may not want to trade it or we might not be able to come to an agreement. I’m definitely not saying it can’t or won’t happen, but...
    Last edited by donato; 02-14-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Give me the Knicks package.

But a couple of other teams have assets to get into the mix as well.

Clippers: Shamet - SGA - Robinson - Harrell + picks
    Nuggets: Murray - Barton - Porter Jr + picks

The Knicks chances of landing the #1 pick aren't great if they get the most ping pong balls (Lottery winners haven't won the lottery with the most balls in the past years).

Does the Knicks package matter if they don't win the Zion lottery? Gotta wait to see where the Knicks land before we even put them into the discussion.

JMO

Just a question, if the Knicks get the number 1 pick and sign 2 max free agents, say Durant and Irving...then would they be able to trade the number 1 pick(Zion) on a rookie salary for AD and the salary he already has? Would they have the cap room to pull off the trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Just a question, if the Knicks get the number 1 pick and sign 2 max free agents, say Durant and Irving...then would they be able to trade the number 1 pick(Zion) on a rookie salary for AD and the salary he already has? Would they have the cap room to pull off the trade?
    No but they have non-guaranteed guys like Lance Thomas who they could include and then we could waive.

the best in my opinion would be us some how getting the #1 pick and getting zion and taking the Tatum deal

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Assuming something crazy doesn't happen (like our pick jumping up to #1), I'd rather take the Knicks deal, although I would require the addition of Robinson as well. I think he has a ton of potential, and his size would be useful when we'd be trading away a 6'10 guy with a 7'5 wingspan for a deal that centers around a 6'7 guy like Zion.
    Basketball.

Would the Knicks really trade #1 pick(Zion) for AD?... I wouldn't be so sure

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    I think they do, but it's not absolutely certain.

For me, they essentially have two choices: they trade for AD on the premise that acquiring him with also gift them Kyrie, and potentially even KD. There's obvious reasons for that: that's lottery to championship contention in a single off-season. There's some reason to suspect that it's possible as well, given that AD has listed NY as a possible destination, Kyrie had NY on his list of preferred trade destinations when he wanted out of Cleveland, etc. So if they believe that getting AD gives them Kyrie, then they do it.

The second choice is that they decide to keep building through the draft and the youth movement. Obviously Zion would be huge to that, but I do have to wonder: if that's their intention, why ship off Porzingis? Yes, there were some rumours about disagreement with Porzingis in the front office, but he clearly loved New York and the fans loved him too. Pairing him with Zion would have been a great way to increase hype about the team's future, and potentially even start winning games as soon as next year.

Ultimately I don't think it's 100% a given that NY ships the #1 for AD, but I do think it's a very real possibility and I'd err on the side of saying they would.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    One of the reasons I wanted to do the deal before the deadline is I have doubts that Knicks would trade Zion if they land at #1, unless doing so is the only way they can land one of the stars they’re targeting. I think Durant definitely goes to NYK. If they also get Kemba or Kyrie, I think the smart play would be to keep Zion, and package Knox and future picks for a guy who is not quite AD, but would be a solid all star level vet to pair with the two max guys and Zion.

My ideal scenario would be trade AD for:

Tatum, Smart, R.Williams, Yabusele and picks.

Then in free agency sign Mirotic, J. Holiday and Payton using cap space and available exceptions.
    Pick up the option on Okafor.

Smart/Payton/2019 pick
    Holiday/Jackson/Moore*
    Tatum/J. Holiday/Hill*
    Mirotic/K. Williams/Yabusele
    Okafor/R.Williams/2019 Pick

*will be traded at the 2019/20 deadline.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Best possible scenario is we get the #1 pick ourselves, we trade AD to the Knicks and take Zion and Morant. And our core is Zion, Morant, Knox, and Jrue.

But that's too much to hope for. So I'd go with the likeliest one and that's for the Knicks nor us to get the #1 pick and then that means the Celtics have the best deal.

Thread Information