Pelicans Report

Thread: Barkley had some really good thoughts on this situation

Barkley had some really good thoughts on this situation

https://twitter.com/bengolliver/stat...957815296?s=21

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    People hate on Chuck, but the dude always tells it like it is. Always will have respect for him. He's not one for all this fluff that this league encourages, so good on him that he said this.

Chuck is a 100% on point with these comments.

All power to the proletariat tho
    Basketball.

Davis is like the easily influenced follower in high school that gets in trouble because he wants to be liked by the popular crowd. He needs to grow up and start thinking on his own and not allow Lebron to keep manipulating him with the carrot being one of the "big boys of the NBA."

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Davis is like the easily influenced follower in high school that gets in trouble because he wants to be liked by the popular crowd. He needs to grow up and start thinking on his own and not allow Lebron to keep manipulating him with the carrot being one of the "big boys of the NBA."
    I would assume if that were going to happen it would have already after 7 years. AD simply is who he is.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    All power to the proletariat tho
    Lol. Charles Barkley could have narrowed these comments a bit. But I got his point.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Good analysis Chuck!

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    People hate on Chuck, but the dude always tells it like it is. Always will have respect for him. He's not one for all this fluff that this league encourages, so good on him that he said this.
    No he doesnt always tell things "like it is". He often gets facts and context dead wrong. He's one of these people who thinks everything has a basic simple answer.

There have been plenty times workers have changed things over "ownership" in history. The Haitian and French Revolutions being two of them.

So lets not confuse that with the couple times his broken clock tells the right time.
    Last edited by luckyman; 02-17-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Charles, Shaq, Kenny and Ernie have been carrying the NBA on their back for a while now. They are about the only reason I follow the rest of the NBA. If the game isn't on TNT, I don't even bother to watch - unless it's the Pels.

AND I called it...lock-out in two years. This whole ordeal will still be fresh on everyones mind and it's really going to bite AD in the rear for not signing a supermax when that happens. Players like LBJ and AD will get ZERO sympathy from me.
    Last edited by WildlifeAirGrp; 02-17-2019 at 01:23 AM.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    No he doesnt always tell things "like it is". He often gets facts and context dead wrong. He's one of these people who thinks everything has a basic simple answer.

There have been plenty times workers have changed things over "ownership" in history. The Haitian and French Revolutions being two of them.

So lets not confuse that with the couple times his broken clock tells the right time.
    I think it's important to remember that the workers didn't change the ownership during the French revolution. The revolution was one of the bourgeois over the aristocracy, not one of the workers over the aristocracy. It's this entire problem that caused people like Maréchal to eventually oppose the revolution in the form it took.

The Haitian revolution is obviously a bit different because it began as a slave revolt, but there is a real question as to how much they took ownership over their own affairs. The economic sanctions and trade embargoes placed on Haiti by the French and then later other colonial powers and the British kind of annihilated any self-determination the Haitians had. Are you in ownership of yourself if you are forced to obey French diktats anyway? I would say no, or at least not in full ownership.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I don't think he's very smart either, now. Add that together with naivete and it's a bad combo for him.

Thread Information