Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: February 12th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Orlando Magic - 25-32

Pelicans February 12th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Orlando Magic - 25-32

The battle of the 25-32s! We have the exact same record as the Orlando Magic right now, which tells you one obvious thing: a loss tonight makes us the sole holder of the 8th spot that we currently share with Orlando, which comes with a 5.3% chance at the number one overall pick, and a 24% chance of a top 4 pick in general.

Orlando has won 5 of their last 6, beating Milwaukee, Minnesota, Brooklyn, Atlanta, and Indiana. Their only loss in that stretch came against OKC, which I think is a loss that absolutely nobody could criticise too hard given how the Thunder have looked this season. Overall, they're looking pretty impressive at the moment and some of those victories have been commendable no matter which team did them: beating Milwaukee by 20 would be an impressive feat if Golden State did it, let alone Orlando.

Meanwhile, we've lost 7 of our last 10, and our draft pick is looking shinier every day. What I'm looking forward to is the day that Gentry decides he's actually allowed to sit AD, and then the games will be even better because we can go back to watching our regular lineup filled with players who actually want to be here play, and play hard, the way we saw before he complained his way back onto the court.

Kenrich has been averaging 14/9/3 over the last 8 games or so, and has done so on 49/40 splits, which is impressive and fun. Combined with his grit and hustle, I hope he gets another bunch of minutes tonight so we can watch him play some more.

Let's go and have fun!
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The battle of the 25-32s! We have the exact same record as the Orlando Magic right now, which tells you one obvious thing: a loss tonight makes us the sole holder of the 8th spot that we currently share with Orlando, which comes with a 5.3% chance at the number one overall pick, and a 24% chance of a top 4 pick in general.

Orlando has won 5 of their last 6, beating Milwaukee, Minnesota, Brooklyn, Atlanta, and Indiana. Their only loss in that stretch came against OKC, which I think is a loss that absolutely nobody could criticise too hard given how the Thunder have looked this season. Overall, they're looking pretty impressive at the moment and some of those victories have been commendable no matter which team did them: beating Milwaukee by 20 would be an impressive feat if Golden State did it, let alone Orlando.

Meanwhile, we've lost 7 of our last 10, and our draft pick is looking shinier every day. What I'm looking forward to is the day that Gentry decides he's actually allowed to sit AD, and then the games will be even better because we can go back to watching our regular lineup filled with players who actually want to be here play, and play hard, the way we saw before he complained his way back onto the court.

Kenrich has been averaging 14/9/3 over the last 8 games or so, and has done so on 49/40 splits, which is impressive and fun. Combined with his grit and hustle, I hope he gets another bunch of minutes tonight so we can watch him play some more.

Let's go and have fun!
    Pels Starting line-up --Frazier, Moore, Solo, Diallo & Randle. Ok , good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Pels Starting line-up --Frazier, Moore, Solo, Diallo & Randle. Ok , good to go!
    Unfortunately, starting lineup looks to me Jrue, Moore, Kenrich, AD, Jah.

So that'll be a win then.

''He's the heart and soul of the franchise, and that's Jrue Holiday.'' - Joel Myers

damn right

Jonathan Isaac has taken two threes, wide open, from exactly the same spot, and clunked both of them.

His shot looks like someone unfolding an origami giraffe.

Frazier should be starting with Jrue. He’s been our second best guard this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

There's Isaac taking another three. From the corner this time. Hit the side of the backboard.

Isaac finally hit one!

Magic look really good, at least on offense.

6 minutes gone, we're on pace to be outscored 44-18 in the first quarter

who the hell is the shooter on the court right now?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post

Vucevic

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post

Don't worry about it!

Vucevic
    Gentry had to be told to lose bc this ******** is weird lol

6 minutes gone, we're on pace to be outscored 44-18 in the first quarter
    Maybe AD is doing us a solid. Because he is really bad & totally disengaged on the court .

Yes, this is what we need. Get the youngsters some playing time while losing. It’s all going to pay off in the long run.

AD played 7 minutes.

1 point, 1 block. 0-3 from the floor.

But the integrity of the game.

This team was playing harder before AD came back.

End of the first, we're down

39-17

Ouch

Goodness this is brutal

Do you have another word that begins with O?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I'm glad we are losing because of the tank, but Demps needs to be fired for this embarrassment of a product. He gambled and it failed miserably. Why shouldn't we give someone else a chance to come up with a plan? While watching this game I remembered this old Zach Lowe article that might be worth reading to have some perspective on how bad Demps has been.

http://grantland.com/features/the-re...pelicans/#fn-1

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    I'm glad we are losing because of the tank, but Demps needs to be fired for this embarrassment of a product. He gambled and it failed miserably. Why shouldn't we give someone else a chance to come up with a plan? While watching this game I remembered this old Zach Lowe article that might be worth reading to have some perspective on how bad Demps has been.

http://grantland.com/features/the-re...pelicans/#fn-1
    Now, I'm not gonna say that Demps definitely should stay. I totally understand the arguments for canning him, no question, and if the ownership has someone else in mind, then cool.

But using a 2013 article to critique Demps as if he didnt go on to pull off stuff like the Cousins trade, the Mirotic trade, etc, in more recent years is pretty silly.

Lakers going life and death with Atlanta right now

AD looks good !

Thread Information