Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quit booing Davis

Quit booing Davis

Quit booing Davis! He might want to stay! His Dad is even back at game.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Quit booing Davis! He might want to stay!
    Go finish smoking your bong.

you guys thinking he wants to stay are just kidding yourselves

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Yeah you are right. If you paid for a ticket you have the right to booo. My bad!

Booooooo

Yeah you are right. If you paid for a ticket you have the right to booo. My bad!

Booooooo
    $ 8,000 worth of Booooooos my friend. For 9 years. So, Boooooooooo !

No.
    Basketball.

(Person who continually takes back manipulative ex)

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    If I were there, I would boo.

He's not gonna stay, but what does booing him even accomplish?

all that does is cement in his mind that we're an unappreciative hapless fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    He's not gonna stay, but what does booing him even accomplish?

all that does is cement in his mind that we're an unappreciative hapless fanbase.
    This iS really quite simple. You BOO him because he purposefully tried to PUNK the Pels by asking for a trade that specifically tried to strongarm the Pelicans into greasing LBJ's groin. There is Zero AMBIGUITY- He tried to screw the Pelicans to get to the Lakers.
    If was planning to play the entire year, he could've waited til summer & then FANS would've been SAD, not MAD. The move he made was bush league & he deserves to be BOOed for being a PUNK.

Like Hogan joining the NWO?

We

I'd love to hear absolute silence, now that'd be impressive. not a single chatter at all when introduced or on court.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_577366142730738.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	6394

Sorry can't make it bigger.
    If someone can please do.
    It's a pisser!!!

We
    Greatest heal turn of all time

We
    Yeah, sorta, AD pretended to be different, liking New Orleans, and doing everything he could to beat the super teams.
    But in the end AD showed his real colors and screwed all his fans to join forces with powerful allies because he did not think he was being treated fairly.

I don't remember anyone at the time saying, it is understandable for Hogan to act this way because he worked for bad organizations and must be given the championship matches he deserves..
    Oh yeah, and watch the clip, people booed Hogan, threw things at him, and let their anger out on him.

I think Pels fans were rather tame with their treatment of AD.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Totally understand the desire to boo AD and don’t begrudge anyone who wants to, but I won’t do it until he shows up in the arena wearing a different jersey. In part because it’s weird to boo a guy, but then have to cheer when he scores because it helps the team. I’m not showing up to root for a loss, even if it does help our lottery chances.

However, I also won’t boo because it’s clear the team still loves AD and enjoys him being there. It’s obvious. You had Pelicans players telling the crowd to stop booing him. They celebrated with AD in victory. Various players were talking and laughing with him on the bench. Even Jrue questioned how you could boo a guy who scored 32 points in 25 minutes. These are the guys that AD quit on and they’re fine with it. They’ve chalked it up to a business decision. Regardless of the fact that we’ve all accepted this as a lost season and are looking towards the future, the players are still very much locked in on the present and they want him there. So, no worries, I can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by lawless522 View Post
    Totally understand the desire to boo AD and don’t begrudge anyone who wants to, but I won’t do it until he shows up in the arena wearing a different jersey. In part because it’s weird to boo a guy, but then have to cheer when he scores because it helps the team. I’m not showing up to root for a loss, even if it does help our lottery chances.

However, I also won’t boo because it’s clear the team still loves AD and enjoys him being there. It’s obvious. You had Pelicans players telling the crowd to stop booing him. They celebrated with AD in victory. Various players were talking and laughing with him on the bench. Even Jrue questioned how you could boo a guy who scored 32 points in 25 minutes. These are the guys that AD quit on and they’re fine with it. They’ve chalked it up to a business decision. Regardless of the fact that we’ve all accepted this as a lost season and are looking towards the future, the players are still very much locked in on the present and they want him there. So, no worries, I can wait.
    Everything you just said is so nice & rapped in a bow. And NONE of it matters.
    He SHOULD be BOOED because he purposefully, yes purposefully, (after telling all of his teammates & coaches and organization the they SUCK so much) he has to leave, tried to screw the Pels & what their next ten years are goin go to look like. AD, Rich Paul, Papa Davis & Magic had it all worked out.
    Listen, I don't care if you are my best friend for 25 years--> you throw me under the bus, roll over me, back up & roll over me again! Then, you can go screw yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Everything you just said is so nice & rapped in a bow. And NONE of it matters.
    He SHOULD be BOOED because he purposefully, yes purposefully, (after telling all of his teammates & coaches and organization the they SUCK so much) he has to leave, tried to screw the Pels & what their next ten years are goin go to look like. AD, Rich Paul, Papa Davis & Magic had it all worked out.
    Listen, I don't care if you are my best friend for 25 years--> you throw me under the bus, roll over me, back up & roll over me again! Then, you can go screw yourself.
    Don't care if my opinion matters to you. Don't need anyone's validation to feel secure in my thoughts nor am I trying to win anyone over to my way of thinking. Boo until your ears bleed for all I care. Never said AD didn't deserve it. I've already tossed every AD shirt I own and threw the bobbleheads in the garage. Just saying I'm waiting until next year because I don't feel like doing the mental gymnastics needed to justify booing a guy while cheering him scoring. I mean, what am I supposed to do when Jrue throws a lob to AD? Cheer the alley, but boo the oop? Too confusing. As the saying goes, you can't be half pregnant.

Also, again...MY opinion...I'd say that the coaching staff and his teammates care a lot less about this than we do. As I pointed out, most seem to have AD's back. Jrue's already contemplating his future with the team. Randle, Miller, Frazier, and Payton are all free agents. Everyone knows this organization is heading for a rebuild. Some players won't want to stick around for that, while others know they're getting released or traded because a bunch of new guys are coming to take their spot. So, I don't necessarily buy that his teammates feel slighted by his disloyalty to the organization. That one's our cross to bear.

Also, again...MY opinion...I'd say that the coaching staff and his teammates care a lot less about this than we do. As I pointed out, most seem to have AD's back. Jrue's already contemplating his future with the team. Randle, Miller, Frazier, and Payton are all free agents. Everyone knows this organization is heading for a rebuild. Some players won't want to stick around for that, while others know they're getting released or traded because a bunch of new guys are coming to take their spot. So, I don't necessarily buy that his teammates feel slighted by his disloyalty to the organization. That one's our cross to bear.
    Except that, everything you mention is only happening BECAUSE OF AD. He's the one that started this mess. If he doesn't open his mouth until after the season, players aren't assuming there's a rebuild, they're not expecting to be released or traded to make way for new guys. Its all BECAUSE AD decided he wanted out and made it public.

Don't care if my opinion matters to you. Don't need anyone's validation to feel secure in my thoughts nor am I trying to win anyone over to my way of thinking. Boo until your ears bleed for all I care. Never said AD didn't deserve it. I've already tossed every AD shirt I own and threw the bobbleheads in the garage. Just saying I'm waiting until next year because I don't feel like doing the mental gymnastics needed to justify booing a guy while cheering him scoring. I mean, what am I supposed to do when Jrue throws a lob to AD? Cheer the alley, but boo the oop? Too confusing. As the saying goes, you can't be half pregnant.

So. I Booo & it cost me ZERO.
    You burn clothes that cost $$$$
    I'm going to go out on a limb & say that my reaction is much more rational than yours. So, I can see how you would think booing is mental gymastics if you are LITERALLY throwing money away. Lolololol .

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Except that, everything you mention is only happening BECAUSE OF AD. He's the one that started this mess. If he doesn't open his mouth until after the season, players aren't assuming there's a rebuild, they're not expecting to be released or traded to make way for new guys. Its all BECAUSE AD decided he wanted out and made it public.
    Sure. Never said that it wasn't. However, it's a stretch to assume that his teammates feel screwed over by his decision. That was my only point. If they do, I've seen zero signs of it in their statements to the media, their behavior on the bench, etc. I mean, when you have Pelicans players telling the crowd to stop booing AD, I think it's a fair assumption that the fans are taking it a little more personally than the players. Fans are loyal to a team. Players not so much. You don't think most of these guys are plotting their next move? It's already been reported that Jrue "wants to be in a place where he can compete in the postseason and is waiting to see the Davis return." There's a reason "gotta do what's best for me and my family" has become a cliché in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    So. I Booo & it cost me ZERO.
    You burn clothes that cost $$$$
    I'm going to go out on a limb & say that my reaction is much more rational than yours. So, I can see how you would think booing is mental gymastics if you are LITERALLY throwing money away. Lolololol .
    Who said burn? I said throw away. Also, you must be young if you think $40 for two t-shirts is a lot of money. It's not. I spend more than that at the concession stand. However, since you think throwing away old, irrelevant t-shirts is a waste of money, I'll be sure to DM you next time I go through my closet and throw out my Free Payton ad Vote for Pedro shirts.

Also, I never criticized your reaction. Didn't criticize anyone who chose to boo. Just said it's not for me and gave my reasons why.

Who said burn? I said throw away. Also, you must be young if you think $40 for two t-shirts is a lot of money. It's not. I spend more than that at the concession stand. However, since you think throwing away old, irrelevant t-shirts is a waste of money, I'll be sure to DM you next time I go through my closet and throw out my Free Payton ad Vote for Pedro shirts.

Also, I never criticized your reaction. Didn't criticize anyone who chose to boo. Just said it's not for me and gave my reasons why.
    Really dude. Burn, throw away, trash! So,now you are going to argue over a metaphoric word & take it literally. And then, because of the cost of the shirts, (which I Never mentioned), it makes it more sensible and rational. Gracious, you're a bit thin skinned. Enjoy your day.

Thread Information