Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: What trade packages, not just for AD, do you want? What’s realistic?

Tatum wouldn't mind being the future face of a franchise? Yes. YES!

Quote Originally Posted by tacosman View Post
    yes of course this is possible. but you could say that about ANY CURRENT NBA TEAM(minus perhaps washington because of the wall contract) that sucks(and without AD we suck).

Take any basically blank slate of suckitude, a pick or two, and a Holiday big contract type(decent player, not game changer) and sure it's possible that they are really good 4-5 years later, really promising, meandering aimlessly, continuing to engage in tanking/a process, etc.....having a general plan for going in a direction is fine, but it's the combination of excecution, luck, etc that determines how it plays out.
    I mean all we need going forward is a lot of lucky in the lottery, then to pick the right players, then to develop them, then to make savvy FO moves, then to attract a quality FA or two to a less desirable slot, and have it all come together......all that is possible I suppose but really damn hard.
    You're right, of course, but just as you could easily say that in several years, we could be in the worst position in the NBA, you could also easily say we'll be in the best.

For example: If we're in the worst place in the NBA in the next 5 years, how? Well, we could trade all our first round picks for trash players (Hill standards), trade AD to the Lakers for Rondo and McGee, trade Jrue for Corey Brewer, and be absolute sewage.

But say we take the NYK trade, get Zion, then he's all he's cracked up to be, Robinson learns how to not foul, DSJ's recent resurgence in NY is legitimate, and Knox becomes more efficient from the floor, the Mavs crash as Porzingis never comes back the same so we get another top 5 pick in 2021. That's best case scenario.

So depending on the luck, we could either be the number 1 or the number 30 team in 5 years. Odds are is that the luck will fall somewhere in the middle of that. We just have to do the best we can executing on our plan. Of course it could go wrong, but it could go wrong for anyone. Next week, Curry's ankles shatter again and then this summer, Klay and KD walk. All of a sudden GS are a lottery team.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Where does it actually say that?
    Where was he quoted?

Just Boston trying to get some leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Where does it actually say that?
    Where was he quoted?

Just Boston trying to get some leverage.
    It wasn't him talking. It was a report from a guest on Windorhorts podcast.

https://twitter.com/WoahItsHunter/st...045650945?s=19

I don't think that leverages Boston all that much. We wanted him regardless.

It wasn't him talking. It was a report from a guest on Windorhorts podcast.

https://twitter.com/WoahItsHunter/st...045650945?s=19

I don't think that leverages Boston all that much. We wanted him regardless.
    TY

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I like the plan to trade AD to Boston. But Danny Ainge is slick. I think he’s gonna lowball the PELS. He will likely offer 3-4 first rounders but no Tatum. I think he’ll try to send us Gordon Hayward which wouldn’t be good because his contract is massive and he’s not that player since his injury. Ainge will try something like:

GH, Horford and 3 first round picks. 2 2019 firsts and one 2021 1st. This would be a really crappy deal. If y’all think he’s not planning on keeping Tatum you’re wrong. He’s not trustworthy. If he offers Tatum he’ll still try getting rid of GH and maybe only offer 1-2 picks. Think about it. Whoever is GM better be ready. How would you approach the off-season?

I would expect Tatum, Smart, Horford and 4 firsts from Boston. We send them AD AND Hill.

If they turn it down don’t budge. I would have to get Tatum and Smart plus picks. Bottom line. They have to take Hill. If Ainge plays games then say the window will close very fast. No bluffing. Give us what we want or we go in a different direction. If he gives the pels what they want and there is no other team that can beat the offer then GET IT DONE ASAP.

So imagine: we get Tatum, Smart, Horford and all 3 of the 2019 Celtics 1sts.

We’d have our own 1st as well. 4 first rounders would be nice. Next move should be to trade a player like Moore and multiple 2nd rounders to a team that’s trying to contend. Maybe Bucks, GSW, Rockets etc. get a late 1st from one of those teams 21-27th pick.

So then we are loaded with 5 1st round picks. Use the picks wisely. If possible move up in draft if we see a player that’s really special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TATUM is a lock AND 2/3 1st round pick is a lock but look at BROWN AND HORFORD

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    TY
    LAKERS AND BOSTON ARE GOING TO BE IN A BIDING WAR AND THE PELICANS WILL CASH IN!! FEEL GOOD TO KNOW THAT TATUM WANTS TO BE THE MAN WITH THE NOLA PELICANS

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltdee2019 View Post
    LAKERS AND BOSTON ARE GOING TO BE IN A BIDING WAR AND THE PELICANS WILL CASH IN!! FEEL GOOD TO KNOW THAT TATUM WANTS TO BE THE MAN WITH THE NOLA PELICANS
    Ok, who's pranking us? What in the world was that?

Horford isn't coming

Tatum/smart and pick number 8-16 vs knox/ dsj and pick number 1-3 vs lakers/ suns 3 way us getting TJ Warren/ Kuzma pick 1-3

Am I way off with these? Of course other mid/late round picks can be included but at the core is this what we are leveraging? If not, what is better?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Tatum/smart and pick number 8-16 vs knox/ dsj and pick number 1-3 vs lakers/ suns 3 way us getting TJ Warren/ Kuzma pick 1-3

Am I way off with these? Of course other mid/late round picks can be included but at the core is this what we are leveraging? If not, what is better?
    Non sequitur . Knicks picks 1-3 ? They are completely different. Pick 1- possibly. 2 & 3 No Way. Those three picks can't be lumped into 1 choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Non sequitur . Knicks picks 1-3 ? They are completely different. Pick 1- possibly. 2 & 3 No Way. Those three picks can't be lumped into 1 choice.
    Morant and Barrett could be every good as Tatum tho

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You're saying the value difference between pick 1 and 2/3 are so wide that the value of the total package is totally changes. I guess to reset the question, eliminate pick one and make it 2 or 3 only. Zion is clearly not a part of the Boston scenario.

I guess I'm asking IF Zion in not on the table for Knicks or Lakers either, who offers the best core value?

For me mixing in a bunch of other role players doesn't help anything. Trading Davis for the highest return with the least number of players. Like Davis is a 6, and no other 5's or 6's are available to swap. Is it better to target 4+2, 3+2+1, 2+2+2, etc. Just trying to play with how we can assess the value for a return in the most likely scenarios prior to knowing draft position. Like the Lakers last deal was just a whole bunch of 1's and I think that sucks.

Is the Boston deal is 3 Tatum+2 Smart+1 Mid/Late pick?

Knicks 2 Knox + 2 DSJ + 2 Very Early Pick?

I still don't know how to value a Lakers option because it seems clear a 3rd team would need to be involved.

Also be clear, I want Zion and don't really care what else. Just trying to play with the idea he is not an option. I know this is way too convoluted, please send help.

Lakers tried to include this dude as a part of the AD trade as if he would be a benefit.

Now he's playing in China, three weeks later.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Listend to Woj podcast with Travis Schlenk. He said Hawks are building with young guys and have built a large asset pool, but at some point you have to consider whether it's smart to use that to trade for a guy.

IMO, the Hawks have the best potential package if they'd offer it, but they wouldn't even consider it unless they could get a commitment from a free agent to join AD. After listening to Schlenk, I do think they are willing to cash in assets.

Collins, Young, Bazemore, and two lottery picks. I'm not sure Smart/Brown/Tatum and 2 non lottery picks beats that.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Listend to Woj podcast with Travis Schlenk. He said Hawks are building with young guys and have built a large asset pool, but at some point you have to consider whether it's smart to use that to trade for a guy.

IMO, the Hawks have the best potential package if they'd offer it, but they wouldn't even consider it unless they could get a commitment from a free agent to join AD. After listening to Schlenk, I do think they are willing to cash in assets.

Collins, Young, Bazemore, and two lottery picks. I'm not sure Smart/Brown/Tatum and 2 non lottery picks beats that.
    Why would they offer that?

It's close. I really like Collins. Bazemore does nothing for me, especially at his salary. Young has been playing well. I think Tatum may have the most potential of that bunch, but the combo of Collins and Young is very good. If AD were to consider Atlanta, that would be a nice deal. However, we all know that he won't.

Question here is, would Jrue be OK with that, if he's going to be here a few more years?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It's close. I really like Collins. Bazemore does nothing for me, especially at his salary. Young has been playing well. I think Tatum may have the most potential of that bunch, but the combo of Collins and Young is very good. If AD were to consider Atlanta, that would be a nice deal. However, we all know that he won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Why would they offer that?
    Only reason they offer that is if getting AD gets them a 2nd star. That's the only way. If they have a chance to lock in two All NBA caliber guys in their prime, I think they'd do it. And I don't think AD would leave if he's playing with a co-star he thinks is on his level and he's on one of the top 4 teams in the East.

Collins I think is very much so on par with Tatum. His offensive game is ahead of where AD was at this point in his career, but he's not the rim protector AD was. I think the players are close, the difference for me is the picks and the pair of Collins/Young being costs controlled for a year longer than Brown/Tatum. I also like the flexibility of Bazemore expiring vs being stuck with Smart if he doesn't fit.

If we know anything from our history with AD, it's that he won't be the one bringing in other superstars.

I understand that, and I'm not entirely against an ATL trade, but I think you have to consider the positions they're in.

Boston has a fair likelihood to give up their assets, because getting AD has a very good chance to secure them Kyrie resigning, and that will make them a finals team, as they look to improve on the recent deep playoff success of recent years.

Knicks have a fair likelihood to give up their young guys because getting AD also has a good chance to get them Kyrie due to Kyrie having named them as a preferred destination in the past, and their long-term failures making them desperate to succeed soon: evidence of that includes them trading Porzingis to acquire more assets.

ATL don't really have a good reason. Unlike Boston and NY, they have no reason specifically to think that Kyrie would be particularly interested in going there. They haven't really attracted big name stars in the past, and they haven't signed a superstar in at least 20 years (probably longer but I can't remember). They also only JUST got really really bad, they were solid for a bunch of years in the 2010s so they shouldn't be in any need to rush a rebuild. They have young, promising talent under contract and they aren't really in a desperate spot.

I just can't see ATL being willing to splash out everything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Question here is, would Jrue be OK with that, if he's going to be here a few more years?
    Why would Jrue care? He's never had a problem being 2nd or even 3rd. He just wants to have a chance at winning. As long as we don't go the full rebuild route Jrue should be fine.

Why would Jrue care? He's never had a problem being 2nd or even 3rd. He just wants to have a chance at winning. As long as we don't go the full rebuild route Jrue should be fine.
    A 1 time all star with an ego like that can find the door... also not Jrues MO

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I understand that, and I'm not entirely against an ATL trade, but I think you have to consider the positions they're in.

Boston has a fair likelihood to give up their assets, because getting AD has a very good chance to secure them Kyrie resigning, and that will make them a finals team, as they look to improve on the recent deep playoff success of recent years.

Knicks have a fair likelihood to give up their young guys because getting AD also has a good chance to get them Kyrie due to Kyrie having named them as a preferred destination in the past, and their long-term failures making them desperate to succeed soon: evidence of that includes them trading Porzingis to acquire more assets.

ATL don't really have a good reason. Unlike Boston and NY, they have no reason specifically to think that Kyrie would be particularly interested in going there. They haven't really attracted big name stars in the past, and they haven't signed a superstar in at least 20 years (probably longer but I can't remember). They also only JUST got really really bad, they were solid for a bunch of years in the 2010s so they shouldn't be in any need to rush a rebuild. They have young, promising talent under contract and they aren't really in a desperate spot.

I just can't see ATL being willing to splash out everything right now.
    ATL could do this deal and have about $60m in space. I think what you wrote above focuses on kyrie, but Irving doesn't have to be the other superstar. And like I said, they wouldn't do it unless they had a strong sense (like the Knicks in trading KP) that they could attract the right players to pair with AD.

ATL is only willing to do if they feel they can spend that $60m in a way that makes a splash and puts the team around AD to get them deep into the playoffs.

ATL could do this deal and have about $60m in space. I think what you wrote above focuses on kyrie, but Irving doesn't have to be the other superstar. And like I said, they wouldn't do it unless they had a strong sense (like the Knicks in trading KP) that they could attract the right players to pair with AD.

ATL is only willing to do if they feel they can spend that $60m in a way that makes a splash and puts the team around AD to get them deep into the playoffs.
    You could be right, I just don't see it happening.

There's only really three superstars on the market this summer, that I can think of.

Kyrie, who is almost guaranteed to go to either Boston or NY

Durant, who is almost guaranteed to either stay in Golden State or go to NY, with an outside shot for Boston

And Jimmy Butler, who will probably resign in Philly.

Are there others I'm forgetting?

Thread Information