.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 230

Thread: What trade packages, not just for AD, do you want? Whatís realistic?

  1. #26
    Sure, if we could get Tatum, Brown, Smart and Memphis first round pick all just for Davis then that'll work.

  2. #27
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    20,400
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Sure, if we could get Tatum, Brown, Smart and Memphis first round pick all just for Davis then that'll work.
    That is my dream scenario, but I would expect that will be difficult to get.

  3. #28
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kaplan, LA
    Posts
    1,714
    Boston is first if they give up Tatum. If they donít then Iím moving on to trade 2.

    Trade 1 -Iím asking for Tatum, brown, Memphis pick and 1 or 2 more depending on if we take on money like horford or Hayward. Iíd really love a sign and trade option for Rozier if he was thrown in but not necessary. Lineup is Jrue, Brown, Tatum, Randle, Okafor with frank, kenrich, and draft pick (culver/hunter)

    Trade 2- knicks both their 2019&2021 picks along with Dallas picks 2- 1sts, Knox, Nikilia, lance, and Robinson. Go the complete young route and see if Jrue will run with that. Lineup is Ja Morant (assuming we donít get 1st), Jrue, Knox, Randle, Okafor with frank, kenrich, and our draft pick (culver/hunter)

    Trade 3- the dreaded Lakers. Problem with this is we need to have a third team and Iím pulling for Suns. This has a lot more parts but I want suns first, bridges, and TJ Warren for Ball, Ingram, and lakers 2019 pick. Then Kuzma, 2020 1st (because trade becomes effective after draft) and 2022 1st to us. Lineup is Ja Morant (assuming we donít get 1st), Jrue, Bridges, TJ, and Okafor with Kuzma, frank, kenrich, and our draft pick (culver/hunter)
    Last edited by tdcreator; 02-08-2019 at 06:34 PM.

  4. #29
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,979
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I like the first part but I'm not sure if Phoenix would do that deal for Jrue. Actually, I would rather keep Jrue than gamble on an unproven rookie from a small school. Don't get me wrong, I like Morant, but why not just take the best player available at our slot and keep Jrue to help train Zion and whoever we get with our pick?
    I'm not sure Phoenix would do it either, but it's what I would want. Phoenix is at the point where they need to start implementing a winning culture; they can't keep adding rookies. My understanding is that's part of why they paid Ariza so much, it just didn't work out. They were attempting to capture what OKC did with Perkins.

    You can find really good vet leadership at a better price than what we'd be paying for Jrue if that's the need, and I'd rather have a guy that was going to hit his prime when my other assets are ready for contention. Plus 7 years of Ja are better than 2 seasons we have left with Jrue. I'd try to sign guys like Beverly and Taj Gibson to fill out the roster if I just wanted vet leadership.

  5. #30
    Is this possible???

    PELS RECEIVE: Ben Simmons, Jimmy Butler, Zhaire Smith

    76ers RECEIVE: Anthony Davis, Tim Frazier and 2021 top 20 protected 1st


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Is this possible???

    PELS RECEIVE: Ben Simmons, Jimmy Butler, Zhaire Smith

    76ers RECEIVE: Anthony Davis, Tim Frazier and 2021 top 20 protected 1st


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jimmy has a player option. He probably going to free agency.

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Jimmy has a player option. He probably going to free agency.
    He's definitely going into FA. His player option is only $19m.
    Watching Pelicans games is what Georges Bataille meant by limit experiences.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's definitely going into FA. His player option is only $19m.
    The just get Simmons and Reddick?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    The just get Simmons and Reddick?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What?

  10. #35
    My fear is that there are going to be a lot of dissapointed pel fans this summer whenever we do trade him.....just a feeling. I hope I'm wrong.

    Unfortunately this is not a good position our franchise is in. We're losing one of the very elite players in the nba and even with him we were a long long way aways.....

  11. #36
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,585
    Quote Originally Posted by tacosman View Post
    My fear is that there are going to be a lot of dissapointed pel fans this summer whenever we do trade him.....just a feeling. I hope I'm wrong.

    Unfortunately this is not a good position our franchise is in. We're losing one of the very elite players in the nba and even with him we were a long long way aways.....
    I know right. We swept Portland in the 1st round last year & then to lost to the team everybody else lost to. I can see how that equated to long long ways away. Taco Bell , your logic is so specious, it's frightening.
    Last edited by Tinman; 02-10-2019 at 10:27 PM.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I know right. We swept Portland in the 1st round last year & then to lost to the team everybody else lost to. I can see how that equated to long long ways away. Taco Bell , your logic is so specious, it's frightening.

    and this year?

    and year before last?

    look up the word specious. if you do you will see you it applies more to your argument above

  13. #38
    All-Star neitzelbaby12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    483
    1. BOS: Tatum+1 of Horford/Hayward/Smart+MEM pick+1-2 picks
    2. NY: Knox+Zion+DAL picks
    3. DEN: Murray+MPJ+Barton or Harris+Morris or Beasley+1 pick
    4. LAC: SGA+Harrel+Williams+2021 MIA pick+2-3 picks
    5. LAL: Kuzma+Ingram+Lonzo somewhere else, we get assets from that+3-4 picks

    Denver is my dark horse team. I could see them trying to make a move this offseason, especially if they don’t make it to the WCF.
    Welcome to be here

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I know right. We swept Portland in the 1st round last year & then to lost to the team everybody else lost to. I can see how that equated to long long ways away. Taco Bell , your logic is so specious, it's frightening.
    Treating losing to the NBA Champs as some moral victory. Even then, they where a Chris Paul injury from getting bounced in the WCF. We got our asses kicked trying to beat a superior team at their own style 4 games to 1. We aren't close to being a true contender. We just was a horrible match up for Portland.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Treating losing to the NBA Champs as some moral victory. Even then, they where a Chris Paul injury from getting bounced in the WCF. We got our asses kicked trying to beat a superior team at their own style 4 games to 1. We aren't close to being a true contender. We just was a horrible match up for Portland.
    Did you watch the Golden State series?

  16. #41
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    20,400
    My two ideal scenarios-

    Boston - Tatum. Brown, Smart, MEM pick, BOS pick 2019, SAC pick 2019 and a future 1st unprotected.
    NYK - Zion, Knox, DSJ, Ntilikina, Robinson, Thomas, DAL pick 2021, DAL pick 2023.

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    My two ideal scenarios-

    Boston - Tatum. Brown, Smart, MEM pick, BOS pick 2019, SAC pick 2019 and a future 1st unprotected.
    NYK - Zion, Knox, DSJ, Ntilikina, Robinson, Thomas, DAL pick 2021, DAL pick 2023.
    I think if NY gets the #1 pick and is willing to trade it, I actually prefer Zion, Knox, DSJ, Robinson + Dallas picks over the Boston scenario. I would prefer if we could get the 2021 Knicks pick too, although I'm aware that's really pushing it pretty hard.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by tacosman View Post
    My fear is that there are going to be a lot of dissapointed pel fans this summer whenever we do trade him.....just a feeling. I hope I'm wrong.

    Unfortunately this is not a good position our franchise is in. We're losing one of the very elite players in the nba and even with him we were a long long way aways.....
    That’s why I am pulling for us to grab a guy with experience in the trade market. Either a GM who has had a solid track record in the past as a GM, or a guy who has been so close to a successful GM that the success is just instilled in him.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  19. #44
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,343
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    My two ideal scenarios-

    Boston - Tatum. Brown, Smart, MEM pick, BOS pick 2019, SAC pick 2019 and a future 1st unprotected.
    NYK - Zion, Knox, DSJ, Ntilikina, Robinson, Thomas, DAL pick 2021, DAL pick 2023.
    Exactly the same here.
    Except swap Lance Thomas for Trier.

    However I think we get less and screwed somehow.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 02-11-2019 at 01:46 PM.

  20. #45
    this is why it's interesting to read other forums.....if you read the boston forum right now, their 'ideal' deal is something like Smart, Brown and 1 of the pics. Ours is everything. The actual reality is somewhere in between most likely if a deal is hashed out. Same for some of the other forums and trades

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Exactly the same here.
    Except swap Lance Thomas for Trier.

    However I think we get less and screwed somehow.
    getting less is not getting screwed.

    A lot of you guys need to understand that when a top 5 player with 1 year remaining on his deal says "I'm leaving you guys", thats uh....not a good thing for the franchise. We aren't going to come out of this with a brighter future than had AD wanted to sign an extension.

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by tacosman View Post
    this is why it's interesting to read other forums.....if you read the boston forum right now, their 'ideal' deal is something like Smart, Brown and 1 of the pics. Ours is everything. The actual reality is somewhere in between most likely if a deal is hashed out. Same for some of the other forums and trades
    Lakers fans were the same way, saying the first offer was good enough, and the last offer was too much. What Magic offered was much closer to what we think instead of them.

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by tacosman View Post
    getting less is not getting screwed.

    A lot of you guys need to understand that when a top 5 player with 1 year remaining on his deal says "I'm leaving you guys", thats uh....not a good thing for the franchise. We aren't going to come out of this with a brighter future than had AD wanted to sign an extension.
    I'm not sure I agree. I think we are going to come out with a brighter future than if AD had stayed.

    But it won't be immediate. There is going to be a period of time where we just flat suck again. The question is whether that's going to be 2 years of being bad, with a tightly focused rebuild, or whether it's going to be another 5-8 years of meandering, aimless sucking.

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Lakers fans were the same way, saying the first offer was good enough, and the last offer was too much. What Magic offered was much closer to what we think instead of them.
    there were(and still are) so many conflicting reports there on what was actually offered and when though.....

    And the lakers offer was still very unappealing(to me at least). That situation is also different in thats where AD wanted to go anyways eventually. As I've said before the value of him signing/not signing an extension with new team is not binary.

    Look it's fun to ease the pain of this blow by dreaming about 'what if's for the future.....because our minds can always run with these fantasies where we are in a good position 3 years from now. The reality is a poor man's Charlotte Bobcats is actually more likely with where we are as a franchise at this very moment....

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm not sure I agree. I think we are going to come out with a brighter future than if AD had stayed.

    But it won't be immediate. There is going to be a period of time where we just flat suck again. The question is whether that's going to be 2 years of being bad, with a tightly focused rebuild, or whether it's going to be another 5-8 years of meandering, aimless sucking.
    yes of course this is possible. but you could say that about ANY CURRENT NBA TEAM(minus perhaps washington because of the wall contract) that sucks(and without AD we suck).

    Take any basically blank slate of suckitude, a pick or two, and a Holiday big contract type(decent player, not game changer) and sure it's possible that they are really good 4-5 years later, really promising, meandering aimlessly, continuing to engage in tanking/a process, etc.....having a general plan for going in a direction is fine, but it's the combination of excecution, luck, etc that determines how it plays out.

    I've got a plan to lose 35 lbs in 10 weeks. Will it work? I dunno....we'll see. But I sure would prefer to be at a current weight where I didn't have to.

    Honestly, right now there are 29 other teams in nba? How many would you say we are in a better position going forward than? I dont mean next year....I mean in terms of several years from now and where we can be. We are going to be one of the least attractive FA destinations in the entire league. Combine that with our current roster, lack of quality young players, the new tanking measures(and we will be tanking next year), unsettled FO(and lack of attractive destination to attract FO talent).....

    I mean all we need going forward is a lot of lucky in the lottery, then to pick the right players, then to develop them, then to make savvy FO moves, then to attract a quality FA or two to a less desirable slot, and have it all come together......all that is possible I suppose but really damn hard.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •