Pelicans Report

Thread: AD Post-Trade Press Conference

AD Post-Trade Press Conference

Claims that he never told the Pelicans that he won't play anywhere but the Lakers. He is ready to go though. Said he gave the city and the organization everything he had, but it's time to go. Doesn't know how many years he will play and wants a chance to win. Made it clear he values his legacy over money.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Surprised he didn't have Lebron make his speech for him.

Listening to his speech made me think...

What if he really didn't make those demands and the Pels organization after he talked to them decided to leak that he wanted out.

Or better yet what if it's Rich Paul and he's telling AD he's not going to leak or do anything but is secretly doing it while lying.

Just thought it'd be funny if there's an entire chess game going on above AD that he isn't even aware of and is just being a pawn of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

Just thought it'd be funny if there's an entire chess game going on above AD that he isn't even aware of and is just being a pawn of everyone.
    That would be really awful to be honest. It's one thing if AD made a dumb move and got himself in over his head. It's another if he's just naive and is being taken advantage of. That's not fair.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Listening to his speech made me think...

What if he really didn't make those demands and the Pels organization after he talked to them decided to leak that he wanted out.

Or better yet what if it's Rich Paul and he's telling AD he's not going to leak or do anything but is secretly doing it while lying.

I said this in another thread, I feel like he is naive and didn't realize what he was getting into with Paul.

In the other thread he said that he didn't want it public but told a reporter when they asked him about it. Lol.

So no. He admitted his camp leaked it. Trick no good.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    In the other thread he said that he didn't want it public but told a reporter when they asked him about it. Lol.

So no. He admitted his camp leaked it. Trick no good.
    Yeah, he says it in the video, that a reporter called his agent and asked. So, Paul was obviously forced to tell the truth in that scenario like he was being waterboarded or something.

I enjoyed his press conference, and I feel for him. He deserves better than what he has gotten here (from the top down). I wish him well no matter what happens to him.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I enjoyed his press conference, and I feel for him. He deserves better than what he has gotten here (from the top down). I wish him well no matter what happens to him.
    I agree. I think he's a great kid and it just didn't work out in New Orleans. Best of luck to him.

I have no animosity towards Anthony Davis. I honestly don’t blame him for wanting to leave. This organization could never build a contender around him. Direct the blame towards Gentry, Demps, and the organizational hierarchy of the Pelicans. I think Demps tried and had some bad luck in regards to serious injuries to Gordon, Holiday, and Cousins. I also think that we never were able to adequately acquire or develop depth to be a contending team.

Unfortunately this trade will be on Dell Demps to complete, and we as fans can only hope that he doesn’t screw it up like he was trying to with the previous CP trade with the Lakers.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 02-01-2019 at 03:32 PM.

It’s in both the team and Davis best interests to just move on and get it over with. I’d love to see the Pelicans finally have a complete well-rounded team at all positions, developing stars at each spot, instead of trying to revolve a starting lineup around one elite player and handicap the cap. A trade works out for both parties.

Well Dell has to run anything by Loomis. And Loomis clearly watches our forum to see what we think is a bad or good trade, which is why so many posters get so into debating their views. It's up to us, my lads. We must suss out any and all trade scenarios and bash each other until there is only one standing so that Mickey can know if Dell's proposed plan is legit or he's a wanker.

With the press conference happening, I wonder if the FO will take all the Lakers assets and get a third team involved too to trade Davis now before the deadline. It doesn’t make sense at this point for Davis to suit up in a Pels uni again and impact the team’s draft pick. Every game will be trade talk and affect the locker room morale for the next two months

Who do you trust dealing with...? Ainge vs. Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    With the press conference happening, I wonder if the FO will take all the Lakers assets and get a third team involved too to trade Davis now before the deadline. It doesn’t make sense at this point for Davis to suit up in a Pels uni again and impact the team’s draft pick. Every game will be trade talk and affect the locker room morale for the next two months
    I think the only way we deal with LA is if Boston refuses to include Tatum. With leaks out that AD will only extend with LA Boston may be hesitant to include their best asset.

I hope the Knicks are in the mix too but I doubt they are. If LA is the best option then we should go ahead and do the deal that's reported. Hope they could find a 3rd team to send Lonzo to so that we could get more assets.

Not angry at Anthony Davis. Regardless of the reasons, the franchise regressed this year. However, I do think he's lying through his crooked teeth, and I don't know about him being a great kid. Couple years back I heard from a former employee that, while Boogie was cool with everyone, AD could be standoffish with the staff and fans. This past November, I was at Whole Foods and AD was there, surrounded by his security team. People, including those with kids, would periodically go up to say hello. They were turned away. I've seen Niko and Michael Thomas in that exact same location, and they were polite to anyone that came up to them. Maybe the guy just doesn't want to bothered by fans. I get that, but, when you're the face of the franchise, let's just say I don't see Drew Brees doing that.

What ticked me off was the Anthony Davis basketball camp though. When they did it two years ago, I took my 7 year old. AD showed up, interacted with the kids, and showed them a few things. It was a good time for the kids. This past year, I paid the $200 for my daughter to go again, and the kids' most commonly asked question at the camp was, "Where is Anthony Davis?" On both days, AD skipped the 3 hour sessions and just showed up for the last 30 minutes to do his obligated pictures and autographs with the kids. He took 2 or 3 questions from the kids and, when the subject of him leaving came up, he hemmed and hawed and said he had some things to discuss with his agent when the season was over. Then he said that the kids asked tough questions, so he cut it off. I think he knew then that, barring a great season and another big name acquisition, he was asking out at the end of the year. The crappy season just sped up his timeline. Aside from feeling ripped off at the second camp though, no hard feelings. But, as far as his personality and leadership qualities, I just don't think we're losing anything special...other than on the court of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    That is an extremely foolish way of thinking. Our best move is to wait for the best offer available in the summer. Who give a ******** if morale is affected the rest of this year while we are trying to tank. That kind of thinking keeps franchises in the gutter, and right now we are one Laker trade from the gutter.

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    **** this tool, seriously. Me me me me me me me.

What did this organization do to not give you the confidence to win here?

"It's just my time."

Translation: I can't win **** on my own so I gotta go team up with people and lose to GSW.

I survived Katrina, but nothing I owned did.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    That is an extremely foolish way of thinking. Our best move is to wait for the best offer available in the summer. Who give a ******** if morale is affected the rest of this year while we are trying to tank. That kind of thinking keeps franchises in the gutter, and right now we are one Laker trade from the gutter.
    This was true when the trade request was announced, it's true today, it'll be true on the date of the trade deadline, and it will be true in June. There really is an issue of delayed gratification in some thought processes here. 1 marshmallow today, or fifty marshmallows tomorrow? Your choice. I know which one I'd be making.

Thread Information