Pelicans Report

Thread: Please keep Davis until the 2019 offseason

Please keep Davis until the 2019 offseason

If we sell to the Lakers now that wouldnt be smart. This franchise needs to know. I hope they know but I feel bad that we cant trust them with this.

We are about to enter the craziest offseason in the history of the league. Many teams will have cap space and be trying to lure FAs and AD is the only carrot available via trade. We will have every major sports team with FA hopes bidding on this guy so they can look good for free agents, they wont even care about whether or not he is hell bent on LAL. All this player movement and Anthony Davis will be at the center of it all.

Block out all of the media noise that is the Lakers, Lebron and Rich Paul posturing. They are doing it because they realize this and they are desperate. The Pelicans hold all the cards here and if they play their cards right could end up with the largest trade return ever in basketball.

okay? what gives you the impression they will and that there would be anything any of us could do about it?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I think everyone on the board agrees, outside of the few people who prefer petty trading over smart trading.
    Basketball.

If an offer that beat the supposed Celtics offer came along I would do it this season.....but I don't think anyone has that kind of firepower.

If the Celtics give up the farm for AD, would they be in a better position to win a championship than they are now? Basically, just AD and Kyrie. No way. I ask this because a lot of people seem to think Danny Ainge is stupid. He isn't going to trade Tatum. Bank on it. I'm not saying take the Lakers deal, but this idea that the Celtics are going to give away everything makes no sense to me. Mid to late round draft picks are worthless, especially if you dont know how to draft. And Ainge isn't going to give up a top 3 pick in a draft as good as this one (assuming he even has one to offer). He has no history of doing anything like that. When it comes to wheeling and dealing, the dude is the Jimmy Johnson of the NBA man.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    If the Celtics give up the farm for AD, would they be in a better position to win a championship than they are now? Basically, just AD and Kyrie. No way. I ask this because a lot of people seem to think Danny Ainge is stupid. He isn't going to trade Tatum. Bank on it. I'm not saying take the Lakers deal, but this idea that the Celtics are going to give away everything makes no sense to me. Mid to late round draft picks are worthless, especially if you dont know how to draft. And Ainge isn't going to give up a top 3 pick in a draft as good as this one (assuming he even has one to offer). He has no history of doing anything like that. When it comes to wheeling and dealing, the dude is the Jimmy Johnson of the NBA man.
    If the Pelicans trade with the Celtics I'm sure there are many people here that would be happy to bet money with you that Tatum is included.

what don't you understand about there is no deal with the celtics if Tatum isn't involved? if that's the case they wouldn't be so high on teams to trade too geezus man its not that hard

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

...we get to go McDonalds
    The Celtics, as currently constructed, are the 5th seed in the eastern conference; they're not title contenders right now. Pairing Kyrie and AD immediately gives them the 2nd best championship foundation in the NBA (behind Warriors).

I think you may be forgetting how good AD is. In this trade, there's only one hall of famer changing hands. And he's 25. This is a gimme trade for the Celtics. I wish it was us.

So his choice would be to use the assets that he has been accumulating to acquire AD or face the reality that AD will be in his division, likely with Kyrie following him, for the next 5-7 years at least. Do you think Tatum would be the hold up?

Knicks are in play too before the deadline

I honestly expect it will either be Boston for the King's ransom in the off season or something none of us are expecting.

Did anyone see Leonard going to Toronto for Derozan?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I honestly expect it will either be Boston for the King's ransom in the off season or something none of us are expecting.

Did anyone see Leonard going to Toronto for Derozan?
    I gotta say- I would be happy with Tatum, Brown & hopefully 4 picks .. Sac,Boston,Memphis & Hopefully Clips. That would be 5 1st round picks. Wow, that would make for some wheelin & Dealin .

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I gotta say- I would be happy with Tatum, Brown & hopefully 4 picks .. Sac,Boston,Memphis & Hopefully Clips. That would be 5 1st round picks. Wow, that would make for some wheelin & Dealin .
    For sure, and there's no guarantee that you'd have to use all those picks on actual drafting. Could easily package the Boston and Clips pick together for the 12th pick or something, or flip the Memphis pick for a top 5 pick, or use it as the basis of a trade for a solid player. So many options.

Thread Information