Pelicans Report

Thread: Knicks ship out Porzingas to the Mavs!

Knicks ship out Porzingas to the Mavs!

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...taps-porzingis

Take the Knicks off of your trade list.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post

nah now they're a legit threat to Boston especially if they get the #1 pick

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

So, can you explain this train of thought for me? KP was gonna be involved in any trade anyway.
    How does this move change the % possibilities of Knicks not trading for AD?

Yeah that's not how this works.
    Basketball.

My understanding was that the Knicks put him on the table for a possible trade to the Pelicans but the Pels weren't interested. My point is without him, they really have no assets except for the chance to get Zion or Barrett.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...taps-porzingis

My understanding was that the Knicks put him on the table for a possible trade to the Pelicans but the Pels weren't interested. My point is without him, they really have no assets except for the chance to get Zion or Barrett.

Pels weren't interested because Porzingis came out and said he wasn't interested in resigning with the Pels long term, and he is coming to a point where he'll need to be resigned soon to keep him under control long term.

If Knicks still want AD (which, having traded Porzingis, they almost certainly do), then they have Dennis Smith Jr, Knox, Mitchell Robinson, and any number of potential first round picks, including a pick which could easily be Zion.

So ''really no assets'' turns into Zion, Knox, DSJ, Robinson, the Dallas pick, and 2021 FRP (which a lot of people value because it's the first draft that high schoolers will be eligible again).
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 02-01-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Incorrect. They have Knox, DSJ, Robinson, the Dallas unprotected 1st, and if they they hit on their tank Zion.

They also cleared all of the bad contracts off of their books so we no long have to either take back bad contracts or find a 3rd team to do it.

This package now is even better than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pels weren't interested because Porzingis came out and said he wasn't interested in resigning with the Pels long term, and he is coming to a point where he'll need to be resigned soon to keep him under control long term.

If Knicks still want AD (which, having traded Porzingis, they almost certainly do), then they have Dennis Smith Jr, Knox, Mitchell Robinson, and any number of potential first round picks, including a pick which could easily be Zion.

So ''really no assets'' turns into Zion, Knox, DSJ, Robinson, 2021 FRP (which a lot of people value because it's the first draft that high schoolers will be eligible again).
    To be clear the whole KP said he wouldn't resign in NO thing hasn't been proven. The same leaker of that statement said he wouldn't resign in Dallas either and Woj came out saying KP has not made any decision yet proving the leaker wrong.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...deadline-moves

Another interesting development. Kyrie may want out of Boston. Maybe go to New York with Kevin Durant. How would that affect the prospects of the Celtics being a trading partner if they have to move him? Lots of moving parts. If AD sticks to his guns about wanting to go to the Lakers over the summer, this could really be a mess.

Another interesting development. Kyrie may want out of Boston. Maybe go to New York with Kevin Durant. How would that affect the prospects of the Celtics being a trading partner if they have to move him? Lots of moving parts. If AD sticks to his guns about wanting to go to the Lakers over the summer, this could really be a mess.
    ''The Celtics haven't changed their feelings on Irving, and they consider him part of their long-term core; and Irving hasn't informed the team that his feelings have changed, multiple sources said.''

The fact is that Kyrie will resign in Boston if AD goes there, and AD doesn't get to choose whether he goes there or not, and he gets traded before Kyrie has to resign, so as long as the CELTICS believe that nothing has changed, then (for our purposes) nothing has changed.

This is NOT another interesting development. This is the Media & agents running a Kabuki game . The media is pushing narratives to make all of this seem complicated. It's really not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    This is NOT another interesting development. This is the Media & agents running a Kabuki game . The media is pushing narratives to make all of this seem complicated. It's really not.
    The article itself admits that. Look at the part I quoted: the article admits that, for the Celtics, nothing has changed, they still believe what they believed forever ago, and Kyrie hasn't indicated that his feelings have changed either. The rest of the article is just speculation based around views that they admit they don't really have any good reason to believe.

Do you think the Knicks would move Zion for AD if they land him? I just don't see that. AD is showing no signs of wanting to be in New York long term. Maybe if they got KD or Kyrie to go along with him he would want to stay. If I were them, I would keep Zion. Instant box office without the chance of bolting in one year.

Do you think the Knicks would move Zion for AD if they land him? I just don't see that. AD is showing no signs of wanting to be in New York long term. Maybe if they got KD or Kyrie to go along with him he would want to stay. If I were them, I would keep Zion. Instant box office without the chance of bolting in one year.
    Yes, because the Knicks believe that if they get AD, that will be the push for Kyrie to move there. Kyrie has previously indicated New York as one of his preferred places to play, and since none of the four other teams he has named as preferences have the cap space to sign him this summer, there's very strong reasons to believe he either stays in Boston, or he goes to New York. Since AD is his friend, and the combination of AD+Kyrie almost guarantees finals trips, it makes sense to assume that Kyrie will go to wherever AD is. New York believes that, and Boston believes that too.

The Knicks would Trade Zion for AD in a Nanosecond . They didn't clear 76 mill in cap space to land just 1 max. BTW- AD is a cheap for the 1 yr.

Zion COULD develop into an AD level player, but there is no guarantee. But AD is already AD.

They have flexibility right now which is good for them. But if they think getting AD ensures either/or/and Kyrie KD then they will do whatever they can to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The article itself admits that. Look at the part I quoted: the article admits that, for the Celtics, nothing has changed, they still believe what they believed forever ago, and Kyrie hasn't indicated that his feelings have changed either. The rest of the article is just speculation based around views that they admit they don't really have any good reason to believe.
    All the best media in Boston are saying the same thing (Bulpett, MacMullan, Himmelsbach) that there's no indication from Kyrie that he's changed from his public proclamation of a few months ago that he's staying. They all acknowledge that he could theoretically change his mind, but that the current rumors seem to be generated from outside the organization by people pushing the agendas of other teams.

Plus Brad Stevens answered a question about rumors a couple of days ago by saying in part: "The unfortunate part of being in the middle of it is you realize that most of it’s not true. But it’s still fun to listen to. But, ultimately, I don’t pay a lot of attention to it and I know the guys don’t pay a lot of attention to it."

There's only been two current rumors around the Celtics:
    1) That they want AD, which everyone knows is true.
    2) That Kyrie is thinking of leaving.

So when Stevens says "being in the middle of it is you realize that most of it’s not true," what else could he be talking about?

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/201...isnt-true.html

Mavs are gonna be an interesting team

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Mavs are gonna be an interesting team
    For real, if Porzingis commits to staying there long term, they basically just re-upped on young Dirk again + Luka, who has real superstar potential.

Thread Information