Pelicans Report

Thread: The Orlando Magic are a cautionary tale for the New Orleans Pelicans

The Orlando Magic are a cautionary tale for the New Orleans Pelicans

This is worth the time to read.

The Orlando Magic are a cautionary tale for the New Orleans Pelicans

"Anthony Davis requesting a trade from the Pelicans is similar to the Dwight Howard saga in Orlando"

"A generational talent requests a trade. A small market team is painted into a corner. A long road to recovery begins.

If that scenario isn’t frightening enough for the New Orleans Pelicans and their fans in the wake of Anthony Davis requesting a trade, there is also this: the Orlando Magic were in a similar position seven years ago and still have not come close to recovering."

"The Magic are a cautionary tale for the New Orleans Pelicans, an ugly precedent that shows the long and winding road back to NBA relevancy in the post-superstar era. It is a proposition made all the more alarming when considering the Magic actually won the Dwight Howard trade."

https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.co...-dwight-howard

The difference -- the Magic actually had success and relevancy with Dwight. What have the Pelicans had with AD?

Its not like they would be "trying to recover" from losing him. Since they were never high up with him.

That, along with the fact that the Magic never got a blue chip piece is the big difference here. Pels will walk away with Tatum or Zion. So, cool article - hope the guy gets clicks. But I'm not worried about history repeating itself.
    @mcnamara247

There’s another difference.

Howard was a great player, but not a generational talent.

A 25yo AD will command MUCH more in trade value than Dwight Howard ever could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The difference -- the Magic actually had success and relevancy with Dwight. What have the Pelicans had with AD?

Its not like they would be "trying to recover" from losing him. Since they were never high up with him.

That, along with the fact that the Magic never got a blue chip piece is the big difference here. Pels will walk away with Tatum or Zion. So, cool article - hope the guy gets clicks. But I'm not worried about history repeating itself.
    I can't believe you're doing this. How dare you make me agree with you.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Are you comfortable based on what you have heard, that the Celtics will offer Tatum and maybe either Brown/and/or Smart in a deal?

Thread Information