Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lakers reportedly offer monster trade to Pelicans

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, yeah it's mean, but I also don't care. Hope Lebron's fingernails fall off.
    Ok- Soo, if for some unfortunate reason we MUST deal with Lakers, is AD go assume the COMPLETE beta position & wear #6

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Lakers and AD and Lebron can cry and beg all they want. They played games. This was methodical and unprofessional. Our front office is livid. So much disrespect. I actually think Demps is gonna handle this really well. I’m ok with a trade with the lakers but there has to be other teams involved and I’d like higher draft picks. Oh, and Lonzo Ball is not worthy of being in a great city like New Orleans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Lakers and AD and Lebron can cry and beg all they want. They played games. This was methodical and unprofessional. Our front office is livid. So much disrespect. I actually think Demps is gonna handle this really well. I’m ok with a trade with the lakers but there has to be other teams involved and I’d like higher draft picks. Oh, and Lonzo Ball is not worthy of being in a great city like New Orleans.

What makes an LA trade acceptable for you?

There are multiple better offers out there (NYC, Boston, obviously being the big names). LA doesn't have many picks, the picks they do have aren't great, and none of their roster encourages me either.
    Basketball.

What makes an LA trade acceptable for you?

There are multiple better offers out there (NYC, Boston, obviously being the big names). LA doesn't have many picks, the picks they do have aren't great, and none of their roster encourages me either.
    Hey, since AD allowed Rich Paul to screw us- let's tell AD that he either plays with us next year or he SITS the entire year. Oh, how I wish, but can't cripple future out of anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Hey, since AD allowed Rich Paul to screw us- let's tell AD that he either plays with us next year or he SITS the entire year. Oh, how I wish, but can't cripple future out of anger.
    Agreed. I get the whole urge to be petty, I really do, but my focus has totally shifted from AD by this point. I don't care about him, I don't care about Lebron, I don't care about RIch Paul. My only priority is how to ensure the best future for the franchise. AD now only exists for me as a means to an end. Immanuel Kant wouldn't approve but who cares?

Agreed. I get the whole urge to be petty, I really do, but my focus has totally shifted from AD by this point. I don't care about him, I don't care about Lebron, I don't care about RIch Paul. My only priority is how to ensure the best future for the franchise. AD now only exists for me as a means to an end. Immanuel Kant wouldn't approve but who cares?
    Ok now- Kraut philosophers don't know basketball.
    Now, do this one- I have no ill-will towards AD & do like him, but I hope he never wins a damn thing.

While I agree with all this...

I'm still petty enough that I want to mess over them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

P A R A D O X. ?!!

Ok now- Kraut philosophers don't know basketball.
    Now, do this one- I have no ill-will towards AD & do like him, but I hope he never wins a damn thing.
    That's fair. I'm sure AD is a perfectly nice guy in person, I don't doubt that and he's never shown me a reason to think he wouldn't be. But my priority is for our team to win a championship every year. In order for us to win, 29 other teams must lose, and if AD is on any of those teams, I require him to lose every year. So... yeah

That's fair. I'm sure AD is a perfectly nice guy in person, I don't doubt that and he's never shown me a reason to think he wouldn't be. But my priority is for our team to win a championship every year. In order for us to win, 29 other teams must lose, and if AD is on any of those teams, I require him to lose every year. So... yeah
    Is the logic specious or is it a Paradox ? Hmmmmm !

Is the logic specious or is it a Paradox ? Hmmmmm !
    Neither, I think. Just the law of identity. If a championship team is a chamionship team, it must win a championship, and only one team can do that per year. Teams which do not win championships are not championship teams. Therefore if I want us to win the championship every year, it follows that I want us to win it instead of anyone else. If AD is on any of those other teams, then he must never win a championship in order that we do win them perpetually.

it was Woj who reported Ainge. Obviously be sceptical, but if you can't believe totally plausible statements from Woj when it comes to basketball, then you can't know anything about the NBA and you can only sit there and be permanently confused when anything happens.

Come on, I get that you need to be critical about media reports, they can and do just make things up, but ignoring something that's right there in front of your face isn't being smart. It's just being wilfully ignorant.
    Woj listed five teams interested in trading for KP two hours before he was traded to the Mavs and none of the teams he listed were the Mavs .

Add Hart. Send Ball to NYK and send us DSJ.

Only way I'd deal with LA is if Boston takes Tatum from the deal. No Tatum no deal. Then I'd send AD to LA. He's gonna go to LA anyway so we might as well get a good young haul.

I think Kuz will be a good player. Maybe Ingram will turn out to be a low budget KD. I don't want Lonzo anyway... get something for him, but if that's the plan then LA has to include Hart. W

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Woj listed five teams interested in trading for KP two hours before he was traded to the Mavs and none of the teams he listed were the Mavs .

''Obviously be sceptical'', I repeat, in bold, italic, underlined text.

I am not saying to just blindly trust anything the media says. I cannot believe I have to make this so explicitly clear. I feel condescending even having to explain this in such stripped down basic terms:

1) The Media can be wrong. It often is.
    2) You have to get your information from somewhere, otherwise you're just guessing blindly
    3) So you're forced to interact with the media if you want to try to be informed
    4) Some media sources are better than others, so you need to pay attention to their track record
    5) Saying that a source has a good track record does not mean it is guaranteed to be right
    6) Understanding that media is flawed and doesn't deliver 100% gospel truth does not mean you should just ignore it
    7) Exercise scepticism doesn't mean putting your fingers in your ears, it means evaluating evidence when you are given it
    8) This applies to the media as well: listen to it, evaluate it, and portion your belief to the reliability of the reporter
    9) No reporter is perfect but some are better than others, and Woj is pretty much as good as it gets
    10) Danny Ainge has been perfectly willing to talk to the media directly before. If he's not rejecting Woj's claims about him, there is good reason to suspect he is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Add Hart. Send Ball to NYK and send us DSJ.

Only way I'd deal with LA is if Boston takes Tatum from the deal. No Tatum no deal. Then I'd send AD to LA. He's gonna go to LA anyway so we might as well get a good young haul.

I think Kuz will be a good player. Maybe Ingram will turn out to be a low budget KD. I don't want Lonzo anyway... get something for him, but if that's the plan then LA has to include Hart. W
    Cool, where's the good young haul from LA?

It is totally possible that this is the first time LA has offered this. We all assumed it this is their best package (plus Hart) but they very may well have been trying to low ball us even more and this is the first time it's come to all this.

Ainge has said everyone is available.....but not all in the same deal. We keep assuming Tatum plus picks. Maybe it's Tatum and lesser picks or the great picks and no Tatum.

We shall see.

I still think it will be and prefer Boston. I also think AD will stay in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It is totally possible that this is the first time LA has offered this. We all assumed it this is their best package (plus Hart) but they very may well have been trying to low ball us even more and this is the first time it's come to all this.

Ainge has said everyone is available.....but not all in the same deal. We keep assuming Tatum plus picks. Maybe it's Tatum and lesser picks or the great picks and no Tatum.

We shall see.

I still think it will be and prefer Boston. I also think AD will stay in Boston.
    Ainge hasn't said that. He's said everyone is available outside of Kyrie, that we should be patient, and wait until Boston can give us the best offer. He hasn't said anything about the trade outside of that. We don't know what caveats he has. Maybe you're right, but you also may be completely wrong and Ainge might be willing to sell the farm on AD without much persuasion.

Personally, I think the trade will end up being something like Tatum + Memphis, Sac, and Clippers picks, or Tatum + Brown + Sac and Clippers picks. Don't think the deal happens without Tatum at all.

What makes an LA trade acceptable for you?.
    I mean, there really is nothing they can do to compete with Boston or New York. I was gonna say they could do what the Knicks just did and sell some of their assets for future lottery draft picks, but who’s giving that up and what players would the Lakers have left to trade? No, only way I see us trading AD to the Lakers is if management gets fed up with the circus and ships him out to be done with it...and, if that happens, I think i’m done.

Yeah. The Lakers stuff just has me wondering if we are projecting higher offers than are real. Of course, if that's the case, the Lakers DID eventually offer the **** farm. Boston will probably do similar.

Quote Originally Posted by lawless522 View Post
    I mean, there really is nothing they can do to compete with Boston or New York. I was gonna say they could do what the Knicks just did and sell some of their assets for future lottery draft picks, but who’s giving that up and what players would the Lakers have left to trade? No, only way I see us trading AD to the Lakers is if management gets fed up with the circus and ships him out to be done with it...and, if that happens, I think i’m done.
    That's exactly my thoughts. LA can scream and kick and cry and leak things to the media as much as they want, but at the end of the day, they just do not have the assets. Once you get past all the bluster and hype, the Lakers have a couple of mediocre draft picks, and a bunch of mid-to-low level players. That's it. There's nothing there for us.

''It is a tale, told by an idiot,
    Full of sound and fury, signifying
    Nothing.''

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    How is that a monster offer? Where are the other three first round picks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

It's like you are channeling my thoughts

Lakers play the Clippers tonight. If they win, they actually make Boston's offer better and their own offer worse, by gaining a win and devaluing their own pick, and making the Clippers pick better by one loss.

Obviously 1 loss is nothing at the end of the season, I just think that's kinda funny

Lakers play the Clippers tonight. If they win, they actually make Boston's offer better and their own offer worse, by gaining a win and devaluing their own pick, and making the Clippers pick better by one loss.

Obviously 1 loss is nothing at the end of the season, I just think that's kinda funny
    So Dell should tell them the only way we trade AD to them is if they tank this year and make their pick as high as possible. Then after the season when they have sufficiently sucked, trade AD to Boston. Then Dell drops the mic...

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    So Dell should tell them the only way we trade AD to them is if they tank this year and make their pick as high as possible. Then after the season when they have sufficiently sucked, trade AD to Boston. Then Dell drops the mic...
    It would be funny if it worked. It wouldn't though, Lebron would refuse to tank. He's never tanked in his career before, and he has more reasons than ever to refuse to tank this year (for year in the West, proving his Laker's legacy in the face of critique from fanbase, etc etc). It's actually a place where his arrogance will help us out: his ego won't let him tank, which reduces their odds of getting AD even further. And they're already low.

Thread Information