Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to win the internet: a 1 move manifesto

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

How to win the internet: a 1 move manifesto

The Saints/Pels have to announce the AD trade 15 minutes before kickoff of the Super Bowl.

Deprives AD and the NFL of the spotlight they crave.

Can you imagine if the Pels send AD to the Knicks 15 minutes before the Super Bowl??? What do you think twitter will be talking about Sunday night? What do you think gets front page in the largest media market? This will be the main story that gets covered in Boston, New York, and L.A. no matter where you trade him.

(Dear 8 pounds 6 ounce baby Jesus.... make this happen!!)
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 01-30-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Lol. It already dominated the buildup to the SB. Good one.

We not getting Tatum this season so no.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaJoseph View Post
    We not getting Tatum this season so no.
    Porzingis > Tatum > Ingram ... we might be able to get Porzingis and their pick. But this is less about all that, and more about being petty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Porzingis > Tatum > Ingram ... we might be able to get Porzingis and their pick. But this is less about all that, and more about being petty!!!
    Why trade AD now and make the Knicks pick worse?

We have to wait to see what Porzingis looks like post injury. But I'd be happy with him, Knox, and their 1st. Especially if it's Morant.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaJoseph View Post
    We have to wait to see what Porzingis looks like post injury. But I'd be happy with him, Knox, and their 1st. Especially if it's Morant.
    I think you're missing the point. I'd take a trade that was 10% less rational, if it was executed to achieve 100% petty, and flipping off Klutch, the Brow, and the NFL.

This is ridiculous, who gives a damn about being petty I really can’t even believe you would make a post about this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically my view.

People.out here mad that I suggested tanking for 30 games, while simultaneously advocating for a kneejerk spite-trade.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    This is ridiculous, who gives a damn about being petty I really can’t even believe you would make a post about this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eh... it's 2019. Internet trolls hold public office, and dictate financial and foreign policy via tweet. Pettiness is the gas that lights the way!

I happen to prefer a possible Knicks' package to a Boston package. I think Boston's guys are system guys. I get that Tatum's ceiling is a very homeless man's Grant Hill; I think he'd be extremely lucky to grab an All NBA spot at any point in his career. But Porzingis' ceiling IMO is first team All NBA; he's a legit franchise guy. Add in the possibility of a top 3 pick in this year's draft and I'd accept a Knicks' trade and not think twice.

My only point in setting a window of when the trade should be announced, is that even it's an agreed upon deal to the Celtics that can't be executed until the Summer... there is a win to be had by both Saints/Pels, and for the fans, in doing so on Super Bowl Sunday.

Eh... it's 2019. Internet trolls hold public office, and dictate financial and foreign policy via tweet. Pettiness is the gas that lights the way!

I happen to prefer a possible Knicks' package to a Boston package. I think Boston's guys are system guys. I get that Tatum's ceiling is a very homeless man's Grant Hill; I think he'd be extremely lucky to grab an All NBA spot at any point in his career. But Porzingis' ceiling IMO is first team All NBA; he's a legit franchise guy. Add in the possibility of a top 3 pick in this year's draft and I'd accept a Knicks' trade and not think twice.

My only point in setting a window of when the trade should be announced, is that even it's an agreed upon deal to the Celtics that can't be executed until the Summer... there is a win to be had by both Saints/Pels, and for the fans, in doing so on Super Bowl Sunday.
    Porzingis' ceiling is first team all NBA with about 40 asterisks.

Porzingis has missed basically a season and a half with injury. Sure, some might say it's just an ACL, but it's the ACL of a guy who is 7'3 and lanky as hell. At least let him play a few games at the end of the season before you put his value so high. He could be fine, in which case sure, he has huge potential, but he could also be busted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Porzingis' ceiling is first team all NBA with about 40 asterisks.

Porzingis has missed basically a season and a half with injury. Sure, some might say it's just an ACL, but it's the ACL of a guy who is 7'3 and lanky as hell. At least let him play a few games at the end of the season before you put his value so high. He could be fine, in which case sure, he has huge potential, but he could also be busted.
    I think that's why I described it as his CEILING !! His floor is that he's busted, but that's really just injury related. People could look at AD and make the same determination that he's lanky, soft, and injury prone.

Tatum's floor is higher, but his ceiling IMO is DeRozan with a better outside shot. He might end up being a more aggressive Batum! Or a Rudy Gay type. I don't think he's a franchise guy.

The big difference in the deals to me is the Knicks pick this year vs the draft assets the Celtics have. I prefer the Knicks pick to any pick the Celtics have.

I think that's why I described it as his CEILING !! His floor is that he's busted, but that's really just injury related. People could look at AD and make the same determination that he's lanky, soft, and injury prone.

Tatum's floor is higher, but his ceiling IMO is DeRozan with a better outside shot. He might end up being a more aggressive Batum! Or a Rudy Gay type. I don't think he's a franchise guy.

The big difference in the deals to me is the Knicks pick this year vs the draft assets the Celtics have. I prefer the Knicks pick to any pick the Celtics have.
    I'm sorry, I don't think that's fair at all. AD has had injuries throughout his career, sure, nobody will deny that, but he's never had an injury that's sidelined him for 88 games like this one. AD is the kind of player who, at 25, you might consider to miss something like 15 games per season. Porzingis so far, four years into his career, is a guy who you might be lucky if he only misses 25 games a season right now. That's a much bigger risk than AD.

The Knicks pick only holds great value if it actually plays out in the lottery. They have more chance to get the 5th pick right now than the first, and while that's good, it's not the kind of thing that's good enough to make me throw my cards down right now. Given a semi-decent tank, we could easily end up with the 6th pick with our own first rounder, without making any trade at all. I'd rather wait until the lottery, so we know how much the Knicks pick is actually worth, before making any trade.

This was started as a jest.

And to be petty.

But I think it was missed because some of our OverThePond Legion might not be as fierce Saints fans as the locals.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This was started as a jest.

And to be petty.

But I think it was missed because some of our OverThePond Legion might not be as fierce Saints fans as the locals.
    I don't even watch the NFL at all tried once, it's the most boring sport I have ever tried to watch. I haven't tried to watch baseball yet though, so there's always that.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    This is funny petty. If the epic trade pieces were actually in place, I would absolutely love this idea!

Well baseball isn't a sport so you're good.

And that's it. We are insanely pissed as Saints fans. Put pettiness is beyond reasoning, at this juncture.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't even watch the NFL at all tried once, it's the most boring sport I have ever tried to watch. I haven't tried to watch baseball yet though, so there's always that.
    Yeah, those shepherding contest must be out of this world.

Don’t even jest mate. Dell is a yolo GM that will ask anyone to hold his beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Oh come on, you know what I meant. Actual sports, with leagues and stuff. NBA, NFL, NBL, premier league football, stuff like that.

Haha. I'm a Bundesliga man, myself. Got into Bayern when my sister was stationed in Germany and Oliver Kahn was keeping.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    now this is funny lol...

Basketball Guru
    The Saints/Pels have to announce the AD trade 15 minutes before kickoff of the Super Bowl.

Deprives AD and the NFL of the spotlight they crave.

Can you imagine if the Pels send AD to the Knicks 15 minutes before the Super Bowl??? What do you think twitter will be talking about Sunday night? What do you think gets front page in the largest media market? This will be the main story that gets covered in Boston, New York, and L.A. no matter where you trade him.

(Dear 8 pounds 6 ounce baby Jesus.... make this happen!!)
    also get to stick it to LA by lakers fans being mad then rams fans being mad that they loss the superbowl.....sign me up lol...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    also get to stick it to LA by lakers fans being mad then rams fans being mad that they loss the superbowl.....sign me up lol...
    Even if it's not a deal per say, the Pelicans could just call a press conference to address the AD trade, and announce publicly that they have received solid offers from Knicks and Boston, they don't think the Lakers offer is comparable, and a deal could be imminent!!! They break the internet if they do that. Don't forget it would also take away from the Patriots coverage in Boston!

They lose no leverage by doing that and they win the Petty Championship of the World!

Basketball Guru
    Even if it's not a deal per say, the Pelicans could just call a press conference to address the AD trade, and announce publicly that they have received solid offers from Knicks and Boston, they don't think the Lakers offer is comparable, and a deal could be imminent!!! They break the internet if they do that. Don't forget it would also take away from the Patriots coverage in Boston!

They lose no leverage by doing that and they win the Petty Championship of the World!

so add,petty trade press conference to the list with super bowl boycott this week....im with it man lol.....another thing to party to lol...

Thread Information