Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: January 29th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston - 22-28

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Jahlil looks hurt. Shut him down for the season
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    lol, really? if you don't think he cares about beating us you haven't watched alot of the games we've actually played against him like I said he holds some type of vendetta against us for no reason

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    I mean, I get that, but I mean just in terms of season arc. For him, he cares about beating us, sure. But I don't think it's a highlight of his season, I don't think he waits for the game vs New Orleans, marks it down in his calendar and cares about it. When he's on the court he wants to win, and when its us maybe he wants to win 5% more.

Right now, that's perfect because we want to lose. So everyone can be happy.
    Basketball.

Guys. Gentry has not been told he is done. He is NOT trying to tank. And try telling these guys to intentionally lose so that we can hopefully draft better players to replace them. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, I get that, but I mean just in terms of season arc. For him, he cares about beating us, sure. But I don't think it's a highlight of his season, I don't think he waits for the game vs New Orleans, marks it down in his calendar and cares about it. When he's on the court he wants to win, and when its us maybe he wants to win 5% more.

Right now, that's perfect because we want to lose. So everyone can be happy.
    meh like I said I'll never root for a loss

All season long, our starters would dig a hole, reserves would dig us out of it, starters would lose the game. This really isn't a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Guys. Gentry has not been told he is done. He is NOT trying to tank. And try telling these guys to intentionally lose so that we can hopefully draft better players to replace them. Lol
    It's so stupid. The writing is on the wall. If he doesn't know he's done, he at least knows THIS SEASON is done. Anyone with a brain can see that we are not a playoff team this year, especially without AD, and double especially with Randle, Moore, and Niko also either injured or on the trade block as well. He cannot truly believe that it's in our best interests to finish out the year on a mediocre pace.

I have to believe Gentry is smart enough to know what a tank is and how to drive it.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Its been fun...alright lets lose this one

He is legitimately going to play Jrue and Jah for 36 minutes tonight.

Good Lord.

I've been here since 06. It was a weird mixture of Charlotte transplants and new NOLA fans. The Shinn Era was tough. Bleak. This Benson Era has been amazing compared to that. After Baron left was the CP3 Era. I would come in and out. Being in Lake Charles it was hard to keep up sometimes.

One year, I think it was in the CP3 era, I popped in and the site was just insane. It was like a dystopic Mad Max world and MM was this evil ring leader with henchmen. Like for real, you've seen his autistic like social skills. Imagine of he also had cronies that would be all over anyone they didn't like or disagreed with....sometimes even when they agreed with them. Looking back on it, they could have been fake accounts then, too. It was all online, but it really did feel like you were entering into this nuclear ravaged land with cannibals and Australians and such.
    Ha, I can relate to this. I’ve never minded McNamara like some. He’s always been really insightful. He’s got nothing on a certain someone who used to rule this roost. There used to be a poster named Harvey here. This board was littered with little baby Harvey’s it seemed. Every other poster was all over his jock. I remember i posed a question to him one time about the nuts and bolts of the salary cap. The way he responded was pretty belittling. He said something along the lines of “If you can’t understand, then you shouldn’t be here”. I responded back with, verbatim, “It was a simple question. You don’t need to be a jerk about it”. Within 30 minutes, West Coast Hornet responded in a huff and scorned me about how I’m verbally attacking posters and that i was banned, effective immediately. It was so petty. I couldn’t believe it. I always lurked and would still see all of Harvey’s pompous handiwork. Finally after about 2 years I messaged West Coast Hornet. He allowed me to have my “privileges back”. Good times.

Those two were like two little peas in a pod. I’m not sure if either are still around here, but i could care less. All i know is this place seems a lot more positive than it did 10 years ago. I just feel like the Harvey days were the dark ages of this board.

Haha. I was in COLLEGE and NBA ignorant so I remember liking Harvey and was probably a malleable sheep. Sorry if I one of his lackeys against you.

I do miss 42. Some of the old guys.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 01-29-2019 at 09:05 PM.

wooooo let's go pels!

I really wanna keep Jahlil. It’s a shame he wasn’t fit when we needed him

Haha. I was in high school and NBA ignorant so I remember liking Harvey and was probably a malleable sheep. Sorry if I one of his lackeys against you.

I do miss 42. Some of the old guys.
    42 could be just as bad as Mac at times. He was a funny guy though

Harvey Hornet was great. He and the entire old krew were great.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I really wanna keep Jahlil. It’s a shame he wasn’t fit when we needed him
    I wonder what we would of looked like if he played from the beginning

DERAILED

Yeah. I think 42 came across like an ******* comedian and MM is more like Sheldon from BBT. I can take comedians better.

Basketball Guru
    just play inside out..go to okafor,,if the defense collapse kick it out and hope we make the 3......okafor getting that raise...

DERAILED
    How #PelsLife can it get?

Yeah. I think 42 came across like an ******* comedian and MM is more like Sheldon from BBT. I can take comedians better.
    Agree on that wholeheartedly.

The other part is that HH and 42 were right a lot of times. We would get some inside info and then it would happen.

Basketball Guru
    gentry and the team not quitting but the refs want us to tank lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    To quote the great Chris Jericho. 42 was Neverrr Everrr as bad As MM .

How #PelsLife can it get?
    Gentry was made to run this team into the ground. He hates us as much as 42, Harvey and MM combined

Thread Information