Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: January 29th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston - 22-28

Fun game so far, across the first quarter. That's kind of what I wanted, we've had Clark, Williams, Solo, Frazier, Diallo, all the names you'd want a tanking team to be using, and while the teamn hasn't been blown out yet (down 28-35) we're still clearly losing. That's great for us right now
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    A few seasons ago we busted MM creating fake accounts to defend himself. He disappeared for a bit after that. That would be my guess. With the BD stuff.
    nooooo did he really?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

geezus how sad has he fallen that he's flexing on diallo lol

The young birds are playing with energy tonight. I’m loving this.

Lol.

But yeah.

I've been here since 06. It was a weird mixture of Charlotte transplants and new NOLA fans. The Shinn Era was tough. Bleak. This Benson Era has been amazing compared to that. After Baron left was the CP3 Era. I would come in and out. Being in Lake Charles it was hard to keep up sometimes.

One year, I think it was in the CP3 era, I popped in and the site was just insane. It was like a dystopic Mad Max world and MM was this evil ring leader with henchmen. Like for real, you've seen his autistic like social skills. Imagine of he also had cronies that would be all over anyone they didn't like or disagreed with....sometimes even when they agreed with them. Looking back on it, they could have been fake accounts then, too. It was all online, but it really did feel like you were entering into this nuclear ravaged land with cannibals and Australians and such.

Like in that movie The Time Machine, I would pop in and out. After a few seasons there must have been an uprising or something. MM had less pull. Not sure exactly what happened. He was still around. So I got more active. Somehow people started figuring out his troll accounts. After that, it was either being figured out or the team success, he disappeared. He shows up every now and then like a ring wraith but we usually shut him down fast and he skulks to wherever sad little internet hacks skulk.

Ever since having the quintuplets five years ago and being up to six kids now, my memory had been fuzzy, lol, so I don't remember the exact details and might be off a few seasons but it really did happen. This is essentially the quaint little town rebuild of civilization after we overthrew the evil dictators that took over after nuclear winter.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 01-29-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Lol.

But yeah.

I've been here since 06. It was a weird mixture of Charlotte transplants and new NOLA fans. The Shinn Era was tough. Bleak. This Benson Era has been amazing compared to that. After Baron left was the CP3 Era. I would come in and out. Being in Lake Charles it was hard to keep up sometimes.

One year, I think it was in the CP3 era, I popped in and the site was just insane. It was like a dystopic Mad Max world and MM was this evil ring leader with henchmen. Like for real, you've seen his autistic like social skills. Imagine of he also had cronies that would be all over anyone they didn't like or disagreed with....sometimes even when they agreed with them. Looking back on it, they could have been fake accounts then, too. It was all online, but it really did feel like you were entering into this nuclear ravaged land with cannibals and Australians and such.

Like in that movie The Time Machine, I would pop in and out. After a few seasons there must have been an uprising or something. MM had less pull. Not sure exactly what happened. He was still around. So I got more active. Somehow people starting figuring out his troll accounts. After that, it was either being figured out or the team success, he disappeared. He shows up every now and then like a ring wraith but we usually shut him down fast and he skulks to wherever sad little internet hacks skulk.

Ever since having the quintuplets five years my memory had been fuzzy, lol, so I don't remember the exact details and might be off a few seasons but it really did happen. This is essentially the quaint little town rebuild of civilization after we overthrew the evil dictators that took over after nuclear winter.
    quintuplets? Dude or ma'am I'm so sorry that had/has to be a little rough lol

Keinrich Williams is on pace to play 25 minutes tonight. I love that. Nobody is really dominating the stat sheet since nobody is really playing that much. My only concern is that Jrue has already played 12 minutes, and there's 5 minutes to go in the first half. He should be playing something like 25 minutes a night now, and I'm just praying Gentry doesn't decide to make him play 35 minutes for no reason.

Gentry and Dell probably still think they can save their jobs.

And yeah. They may be the only ones in the state. Not sure, though.

man idk his teammates don't seem like they're all that thrilled with him

Could there be a better sign of us embracing the tank than to have the FIRST GAME after the trade request be with AD, Elfrid, Randle, Niko, and Moore all sitting and we're giving heavy minutes to Kenrich Williams, Tim Frazier, Cheick Diallo, Ian Clark and Wesley Johnson?

True.

defensive block my ****** lol harden fouled

lol hold up jrue just got drilled in the back of the head and that not a foul? ahh the refs kicking teams when they're down gotta love it

Eff these announcers. I take no fault in AD saying he wants to leave for a contender. In fact, I support it and appreciate being upfront. I take offense at him limiting it to one team.

Eff these announcers. I take no fault in AD saying he wants to leave for a contender. In fact, I support it and appreciate being upfront. I take offense at him limiting it to one team.
    this!

Jrue on pace to play 34 minutes in this game.

Gentry.

Do not.

Basketball Guru
    this is driving me crazy...we playing good defense..double teaming harden getting the ball out his hand...hustling......jrue and backups playing good defense..

why our star players couldnt play defense like this when it counted smh...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    this is driving me crazy...we playing good defense..double teaming harden getting the ball out his hand...hustling......jrue and backups playing good defense..

why our star players couldnt play defense like this when it counted smh...
    I think someone on the Bird Writes podcast said this well:

Our team is filled with players right now who aren't playing for their next NBA contract. They're playing for an NBA contract in general. Kenrich Williams is not guaranteed to be an NBA player. Tim Frazier, Cheick Diallo, Darius Miller are not guaranteed NBA players. Now that we're having a fire sale, they know they have to play hard to even stay in the league, so they'll play hard.

I didn't realize BD's voice was so annoying.

I didn't realize BD's voice was so annoying.
    Karl Malone is more eloquent.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think someone on the Bird Writes podcast said this well:

Our team is filled with players right now who aren't playing for their next NBA contract. They're playing for an NBA contract in general. Kenrich Williams is not guaranteed to be an NBA player. Tim Frazier, Cheick Diallo, Darius Miller are not guaranteed NBA players. Now that we're having a fire sale, they know they have to play hard to even stay in the league, so they'll play hard.

smh nba players...i always believe randall was saying forget defense,,,im just going to get mines on offense and get my next contract...

We're only losing by 5 points. That's not enough. If we pull within one possession, Gentry needs to deploy the Solomon Hill/Tim Frazier/Wesley Johnson/Cheick Diallo/Darius Miller lineup.

The Sport Onion needs to do an article titled: Anthony Davis looks to be promoted to Lakers from farm team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We're only losing by 5 points. That's not enough. If we pull within one possession, Gentry needs to deploy the Solomon Hill/Tim Frazier/Wesley Johnson/Cheick Diallo/Darius Miller lineup.
    screw that let's win lol

The Sport Onion needs to do an article titled: Anthony Davis looks to be promoted to Lakers from farm team.
    The Onion is funny though, that's just facts. That's how the media legit views us.

Thread Information