Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Draft Hopes

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Well, Bol Bol puts me in an unusual spot. He is a tweener. Yep. He is 7'2" 220 lbs. Whew, if he tries to guard true 5's , he may actually break . I mean Literally . His arm may break trying to block Drummond, Jordan. Gracious, Steven Adams might think he is a bug. He is sooooo skinny.
    So do you put him at the #4 ? I can't see 7'2" being nimble enough to guard 4's . Just think about how SKINNY 7'2", 220 is. AD was 6'10" 220 when he came out & wAs a twig.
    Oh sure. He's a project big because you gotta get him eating a ton to bulk up. But I mean, how many big 5s are out there? Jordan, Adams, Drummond, Gortar, um... I'm sure there are a few others but really I'm not super worried about the maybe 7 guys out there.

Plus he stretches the floor so well. But you're right, his weight is a concern. Sorta the opposite way Zion's weight is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What do you think of a Boston Deal where we end up with picks 9 (ours), and then 12 and 16 from Boston?

What would you do with those picks?
    Tinman why do you play with my Emotions by not answering this? Lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Tinman why do you play with my Emotions by not answering this? Lol
    Where does the 12 come from? Is that Sac Pick? Am I locked in those 3 spots?

Where does the 12 come from? Is that Sac Pick? Am I locked in those 3 spots?
    Sac or Clippers whoever ends up worse. I'm kinda using those as averages. You're not locked into those spots. Tho I think #9 for the Pels is a pretty solid estimate.

Just generally speaking. We know the draft always falls a little different anyway.

Sac or Clippers whoever ends up worse. I'm kinda using those as averages. You're not locked into those spots. Tho I think #9 for the Pels is a pretty solid estimate.

Just generally speaking. We know the draft always falls a little different anyway.
    Ok, #9 Okpala #12 Kevin Porter. USC #16 Darius Garland
    - Vandy. Yes they're not that good, but he will START day 1 & is a deadly shooter.

Ok, #9 Okpala #12 Kevin Porter. USC #16 Darius Garland
    - Vandy. Yes they're not that good, but he will START day 1 & is a deadly shooter.
    I just checked and Clippers pick is 1-14 protected so it's have to be the Sac pick.

You think Garland is a day 1 starter? That's not bad at the 16 spot.

I just checked and Clippers pick is 1-14 protected so it's have to be the Sac pick.

You think Garland is a day 1 starter? That's not bad at the 16 spot.
    Yeah, living in N.O. You know, the LSU thing, I follow SEC. He is actually a MUCH better shooter than Morant. Don't think he's the athlete or near as impactful defensively, but Wow can he shoot.

Yeah, living in N.O. You know, the LSU thing, I follow SEC. He is actually a MUCH better shooter than Morant. Don't think he's the athlete or near as impactful defensively, but Wow can he shoot.
    I mean how good of a defender is Lillard? Lol. I know I probably shouldn't want a lights out shooter since our system oozes points no matter what, but darn it's been awhile since we've had a lights out shooter.

If you notice. The SEC is really a "Find your PG & wings conference". SEC really doesn't own Stretch 5's)

I mean how good of a defender is Lillard? Lol. I know I probably shouldn't want a lights out shooter since our system oozes points no matter what, but darn it's been awhile since we've had a lights out shooter.
    I object!!!! Jrue is a lights out shooter. It looks like he shooting when the lights are out. a bit ambiguous.

I object!!!! Jrue is a lights out shooter. It looks like he shooting when the lights are out. a bit ambiguous.
    Lol. I suppose that's one way to describe it.

I mean we've had guys like Niko who are stretch 4s and are good shooters but I guess what I'm talking about is a guard who can beat you off the dribble / shoot over you.

The Franchise
    I’d like culver or hunter at 9 then garland, Clark, or Fernando next. I doubt we get clippers pick because it won’t convey if in the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I’d like culver or hunter at 9 then garland, Clark, or Fernando next. I doubt we get clippers pick because it won’t convey if in the lottery.
    I like Culver also, but I'm On the Okpala Train. And I ain't gettin off. I really like that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Yeah, that Fernando guy is a bit intriguing. Have to watch more film on him.

Well, Bol Bol puts me in an unusual spot. He is a tweener. Yep. He is 7'2" 220 lbs. Whew, if he tries to guard true 5's , he may actually break . I mean Literally . His arm may break trying to block Drummond, Jordan. Gracious, Steven Adams might think he is a bug. He is sooooo skinny.
    So do you put him at the #4 ? I can't see 7'2" being nimble enough to guard 4's . Just think about how SKINNY 7'2", 220 is. AD was 6'10" 220 when he came out & wAs a twig.
    I don't think that's fair to Bol Bol.

When you look at him, does he look 220lbs? Not to me. He looks about as skinny as AD was when he came into the league, and at 7'2 you'd think for him to look the same, he'd probably be more like 230lbs. Add to that the fact that he has the sloping shoulders that generally project well as the player ages (again, check AD's shoulders in his rookie year compared to now), I would be surprised if Bol Bol could up to 240 or 250lbs by the time he's 22 or so. Remember, Bol Bol is only 19 and will still only be 19 by the time the season starts.

Yeah he's skinny, but we aren't a team that's looking to compete in year 1. We can wait a year or two for him to put on 20 or 30lbs before we're expecting to win, and his ceiling is sky high.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't think that's fair to Bol Bol.

When you look at him, does he look 220lbs? Not to me. He looks about as skinny as AD was when he came into the league, and at 7'2 you'd think for him to look the same, he'd probably be more like 230lbs. Add to that the fact that he has the sloping shoulders that generally project well as the player ages (again, check AD's shoulders in his rookie year compared to now), I would be surprised if Bol Bol could up to 240 or 250lbs by the time he's 22 or so. Remember, Bol Bol is only 19 and will still only be 19 by the time the season starts.

Yeah he's skinny, but we aren't a team that's looking to compete in year 1. We can wait a year or two for him to put on 20 or 30lbs before we're expecting to win, and his ceiling is sky high.
    I get the positive speculation & don't disagree, because well, it's speculation. I disagree with rebuilding statement, though. Pels get Tatum, Brown, Smart the picks & 1 worthwhile FA, our window better NOT be that far down the road. if so, Jrues traded by beginning of next season.
    Just cant use High 1 on Manute Bol Bol .

I wonder if the Clippers will be able to be bad enough to keep their pick. They're already at 31 wins for the season. With the only teams below them that aren't interested in tanking being Sac (pick is already gone), Lakers, and Timberwolves.

Except I suppose the only issue is there's some bad teams in the East that are ahead of the Clippers in tanking but are going to make the playoffs. I wonder if since they are sitting as the 8th seed they will try to makw the playoffs and just give up a non lottery pick.

I wonder if the Clippers will be able to be bad enough to keep their pick. They're already at 31 wins for the season. With the only teams below them that aren't interested in tanking being Sac (pick is already gone), Lakers, and Timberwolves.

Except I suppose the only issue is there's some bad teams in the East that are ahead of the Clippers in tanking but are going to make the playoffs. I wonder if since they are sitting as the 8th seed they will try to makw the playoffs and just give up a non lottery pick.
    O think they want the pick, to 1) screw Boston & 2) try to use it for AD.

I get the positive speculation & don't disagree, because well, it's speculation. I disagree with rebuilding statement, though. Pels get Tatum, Brown, Smart the picks & 1 worthwhile FA, our window better NOT be that far down the road. if so, Jrues traded by beginning of next season.
    Just cant use High 1 on Manute Bol Bol .
    I wouldn't use a top 5 pick on Bol Bol. I might not even use a top 8 pick on him. But depending on who's available, I might take him at or around 10th.

For me, the draft looks like this:

1) Zion Williamson
    2) RJ Barrett
    3) Ja Morant
    4) Jarrett Culver
    5) Bol Bol
    6) Darius Garland

I know you had Garland higher, but he is one of the worst defensive players predicted to go in the top 10, and while he can definitely shoot it's not like he's a great playmaker. If I'm making a list of my top 5 guys, I want someone who can do more than one thing. Bol Bol can shoot, block shots, and defend even on the perimeter. Garland can shoot, and that's about it. He averages more turnovers than assists, for a point guard?

O think they want the pick, to 1) screw Boston & 2) try to use it for AD.
    Yes possibly so. I just wonder how likely it is for them to get it. There's a lot of bad teams below them.

Just some advanced stats on Zion here, I'll add the source later when I can remember where I found the chart.

Zion on offense:

Transition: 18.7% of the time, 1.329ppp, 89th percentile
    Spot up: 15.4% of the time, 0.867ppp, 45th percentile
    Cuts: 15.1% of the time, 1.407ppp, 85th percentile
    Put backs: 15.1% of the time, 1.508ppp, 96th percentile
    Post up: 11.3% of the time, 1.114ppp, 93rd percentile
    Isolation: 8.7% of the time, 1.147ppp, 91st percentile
    P&R handler: 4.9% of the time, 1.211ppp, 98th percentile
    Off screen: 3.3% of the time, 1.462ppp, 98th percentile
    Miscellaneous: 4.6% of the time, 0.944ppp, 94th percentile

Not enough sample size for P&R Roll, or Hand-off to get any real reading.

Just ridiculous offensive stats.

Just some advanced stats on Zion here, I'll add the source later when I can remember where I found the chart.

Zion on offense:

Transition: 18.7% of the time, 1.329ppp, 89th percentile
    Spot up: 15.4% of the time, 0.867ppp, 45th percentile
    Cuts: 15.1% of the time, 1.407ppp, 85th percentile
    Put backs: 15.1% of the time, 1.508ppp, 96th percentile
    Post up: 11.3% of the time, 1.114ppp, 93rd percentile
    Isolation: 8.7% of the time, 1.147ppp, 91st percentile
    P&R handler: 4.9% of the time, 1.211ppp, 98th percentile
    Off screen: 3.3% of the time, 1.462ppp, 98th percentile
    Miscellaneous: 4.6% of the time, 0.944ppp, 94th percentile

Not enough sample size for P&R Roll, or Hand-off to get any real reading.

Just ridiculous offensive stats.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190212-065539_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	6395

Zion miiiiight be injured.

Nasty split. Blew out of shoe . Can't believe he doesn't have ankle & groin issue also.

Thread Information