Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Draft Hopes

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, I just rewatched the clip. And they proclaimed him to be 6'11, next to the measuring stick. Now, how official that is, is kinda impossible to say. The viewer doesn't get a direct, straight-on angle of the shot, and he's wearing shoes, which all indicates that maybe he's shorter than that, but on the other hand, he's also clearly not stood up straight and certainly doesn't have his head level and his shoulders back.

Given that, I think 6'11 or 6'11.5 is a pretty fair estimate of AD's height. And he's listed at 6'10.

I honestly think NBA players should have their heights re-recorded when they hit 25. I wouldn't make it mandatory, obviously you can't really force people to get measured that's a ridiculous standard, but we're all so familiar with just ignoring heights now because of how wildly they can vary between draft night at age 18 and being 25, it would be a good way to know what the rough final adult height of a player is.
    Just wondering why its ridiculous to make it mandatory? NFL players get weighed by their teams all the time. Why couldn't NBA require them to get measured? Maybe every time they sign a new contract?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Just wondering why its ridiculous to make it mandatory? NFL players get weighed by their teams all the time. Why couldn't NBA require them to get measured? Maybe every time they sign a new contract?
    I don't think that height actually matters once they're in the league, really. All that matters is their ability to perform. If it turned out that AD's height was actually 7'1 or 6'8 (obviously he's not 6'8 but for the sake of argument) then it wouldn't actually matter because he's still 13 boards a night, and I don't think that league should require stuff that doesn't actually impact the ability of the player to play. It's important at the draft because it's all potential, but once they've shown what they can do, it no longer matters.

That said, if the players association was okay with it then obviously I would be too. I just don't like the idea of a job requiring more information than is absolutely necessary.
    Basketball.

Well with 7 games left for us to play there is one game separating the 6-9 seed dfor the draft. We are currently 9th. The difference between getting the 9th seed as opposed to the 6th seed is pretty significant. We basically double our % chance of getting the #1 overall up to just over 8% and our chance of being top 4 goes from 20% to 35%.

Some pretty important games for us coming up. We need to lose our next 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Well with 7 games left for us to play there is one game separating the 6-9 seed dfor the draft. We are currently 9th. The difference between getting the 9th seed as opposed to the 6th seed is pretty significant. We basically double our % chance of getting the #1 overall up to just over 8% and our chance of being top 4 goes from 20% to 35%.

Some pretty important games for us coming up. We need to lose our next 7.
    Agreed. Sadly, I don't think that will happen. We'll win at least one or two, I think.

Yeah. I think that Dallas game was the clincher.

I was really impressed with Dawkins and Taylor from UCF. Both positions of need, a 3 and D wing and a scoring/ contact drawing pg. Dawkins almost single handedly beat Duke and Taylors awareness of his defender, the way he ran around (but being too small to run past) his defender and jumping backward into them while shooting, reminded me of Chris Paul. Curious to see if and where they are drafted.

I want Jarrett Culver.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I want Jarrett Culver.
    He's second on my list after Zion.

I want Jarrett Culver.
    Why?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Why?
    Several reasons. He will most likely be there when we pick (unless we land a top 3 pick).

He is a complete player (offense, defense, inside, outside, he does it all).

He is a sf.

He can take over a game at will.

Several reasons. He will most likely be there when we pick (unless we land a top 3 pick).

He is a complete player (offense, defense, inside, outside, he does it all).

He is a sf.

He can take over a game at will.
    I agree and understand all of this reasoning. My only point of contention would be that odds are very high no matter what trade we make that we will get a SF back.

It is because of this that I am very strongly in the camp of BPA no matter the position. Maybe that will be Culver when we pick, but I don't think him being a SF should factor in.

In a shocking change for this team we might exit the summer as a wing rich team for once.

I think he goes in the 4-6 range, so we would still need to get up to get him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    I agree and understand all of this reasoning. My only point of contention would be that odds are very high no matter what trade we make that we will get a SF back.

It is because of this that I am very strongly in the camp of BPA no matter the position. Maybe that will be Culver when we pick, but I don't think him being a SF should factor in.

In a shocking change for this team we might exit the summer as a wing rich team for once.
    Culver is really good. If TT wins the championship, I win $5,000, so I hope he remains very good.
    With that said, I hope there is a Feasible way to nab him.
    Pending on Elfrids future, I would take Morant over Culver, but not by much. I like Culver much more than Barrett or Reddish.
    Prediction- Reddish falls out of top 10.
    Last edited by Tinman; 03-29-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Why?
    Have you watched him play? Flat out baller. Good size, good handle, explosive first step, great finisher at the rim & a flat out dawg on Defense.

NBA comp is Jimmy Butler ? That's who he reminds me of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Have you watched him play? Flat out baller. Good size, good handle, explosive first step, great finisher at the rim & a flat out dawg on Defense.
    Yes I have, I just when people explain why they want someone. Good luck on winning that money fam.

Given the hot commodity that small forwards are (just look how much a guy like Hill got paid just because he is a small forward), if you can stock up on quality wings, do it. We would have (for the first time in team history) have depth at SF, PF, and C.

Landing Culver would be a fun problem to have (even if we land a SF in the AD trade).

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Culver is really good. If TT wins the championship, I win $5,000, so I hope he remains very good.
    With that said, I hope there is a Feasible way to nab him.
    Pending on Elfrids future, I would take Morant over Culver, but not by much. I like Culver much more than Barrett or Reddish.
    Prediction- Reddish falls out of top 10.
    I trust your opinion on this one. Barrett never really did it for me either. Although to be fair college ball isn't my thing.

I hope you win the 5k unless it's against LSU.

Given the hot commodity that small forwards are (just look how much a guy like Hill got paid just because he is a small forward), if you can stock up on quality wings, do it. We would have (for the first time in team history) have depth at SF, PF, and C.

Landing Culver would be a fun problem to have (even if we land a SF in the AD trade).
    I don't disagree with this take at all. If he is BPA then him being a SF as well definitely does have added benefits. It's not a bad strategy to stockpile SFs if the end goal is to use one to flip for more talent later.

It's also not a bad strategy to get the most depth possible at the thinnest position in the league. Tatum mostly plays out of position for Boston anyway so I definitely don't think if we drafted Culver we would have a log jam or anything.

All depends where we fall in the draft I suppose. I've been on the Bol Bol train for awhile if we end up in the 9/10 range but one thing is for certain we should have options after the ad trade.

At the same time in their careers Zion is on another level then AD. The NBA is even better for a skill set like Zions where there is actual spacing. This kid is a mix of Giannis and Barkley.. Kid is going to go down as one of the GOATS who changes the game. He is a matchup nightmare!! Scary he is just a kid!!

Holy Zion!! IMO the most exciting fast break player I have ever seen!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Holy Zion!! IMO the most exciting fast break player I have ever seen!!
    Did you see his block today?
    Unbelievable....

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Unbelievable....
    Yes he had 2 or 3 that were just crazy!! I would like to see a sports science done on his jumping. Maybe it’s just me but he seems to have that MJ type of hang time where they reach the peak of their jump while they literally float for a split second and come back down.. he defies the laws of gravity.. His dunks are insane but those blocks were even crazier!!

What would AD do if the Pelicans win the lottery? I wonder if he would consider staying with Zion coming on board. The more I watch this kid the more I’m not so sure he is a guarantee get from a team like the Knicks in a trade with AD.. Woukd be a very tough decision to make for the Knicks imo.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Unbelievable....
    That block was pretty incredible. He got up there so quickly, it was more impressive to me than most of his dunks.

Thread Information