Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So it's a fire sale...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I had him starting because I wasn't formulating gameplans, just slotting names in.

The team you're suggesting is basically last years Lakers + Jrue and Niko.

Ball, Randle, Ingram, Kuzma, Zubac. I dont think I need to explain why I don't think re-running the 2017-18 LA Lakers is a great plan for our future.
    Keep in mind the 17-18 lakers these guys were all rookies they’re not anymore and getting better . I’m not saying this is a perfect haul for AD but it does help our depth and solidify our roster then we add some pieces and in a couple years we may have something to work with about the time Lebron retires and the warriors start getting older . Wishful thinking maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Keep in mind the 17-18 lakers these guys were all rookies they’re not anymore and getting better . I’m not saying this is a perfect haul for AD but it does help our depth and solidify our roster then we add some pieces and in a couple years we may have something to work with about the time Lebron retires and the warriors start getting older . Wishful thinking maybe

They have not improved

Lonzo is averaging less points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks, while also averaging more fouls. Sure his percentages have gone up, but they've hardly become good, they just aren't apocalyptically awful anymore. He still only shoots 40% from the floor and 32% from three.

Ingram is now 3 years deep, and he's STILL showing many of the same issues he had in his rookie year. He shot 29% from three that year, he's shooting 30% from three now. He shot 62% from the free throw line then, he's shooting 63% from the free throw line now. Hes actually averaging more fouls per game now than he did as a rookie, despite only playing 3 minutes more per game. He's averaging less rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks per game this year than he did last year, and his net rating has got worse too. He is actually posting negative offensive win shares this year.

Kyle Kuzma has improved in some senses, and not in others. On one hand, yes he's scoring 19ppg now, and is averaging 2.4 assist per game, which is an improvement. He's also the only one of those Laker's averaging even league average in PER, which is nice. On the other hand, he's now shooting 30% from three as well, instead of 36% like he did last year. He's also averaging less rebounds, more turnovers, more fouls, and his net rating has got worse.

None of these three have improved in any sort of consistent way this year compared to last. Ingram has had an extra year over Lonzo and Kuzma, and he's not improved either. All three of them are trash, and if they're the best the Lakers can give up for AD then they can either wait for him to be a free agent next summer or they can delete our number.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Busta is right. Say we get the most talked about trade package from LA.

Jrue
    Payton
    Ball
    Jackson
    Ingram
    Miller
    Kuzma
    Niko
    Randle
    Diallo
    Okafor
    Zubac

Maybe a 1st.

That's a freaking nice, young, and deep core. Instantly playoffs. Randle leaves. Trade a few guys for assets. Make a similar AD deal for Tatum or Porzingas and we are still playoffs next season. It's the rebuild talk that's ignorant.

But first, get the new coach and GM. And that probably won't be in motion for another few weeks.

you know i have been throwing this team up for the longest on here for next season...

payton.....ball
    jrue......hart....jackson
    ingram.....free agent.....miller
    kuzma....niko.....
    niko....zubac....okafor

we have depth,,fun to watch,,length on defense,,rebounding,,,as a whole good defense,,,can score points,,,young,,,may can get the 7th or 8th seed...im glad that this has a good chance of happening...

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    What kind of core is there with AD when the team is not even playoff caliber and what will it be once he's gone?

the facts are that we are a top 4 scoring team and that alone should have us in the playoffs....we score high points without AD playing in games so yes we have a good core of players...

the facts are that our defense is part of what has us not in the playoffs..injuries and coaching also.....maybe the team mind set was we know AD is leaving so im just going to get mind.....i dont know why the defense is bad....

we have the same team that played good defense last season and in the playoffs...we only added randall and payton,,so are those two the reason we suck on defense now?...i know randall bad but it has to be something else that was going on....

say we trade AD and others now and get the lakers players

payton....ball
    jrue....moore...jackson....hart
    ingram....moore....miller
    kuzma.....randall...
    niko.....zubac....okafor

plus players from other trades that you add and subtract from this lineup.....this team may be able to sneaky into the 7th or 8th seed...and i dont care if we playing GS...this team would be deep and good...

I like it! Sign Me in...

I have no problem going the Sam Hinkie route, as a matter of fact, I would prefer we do just that.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Jrue should be on the list. He's not a cornerstone player to build around.
    We should not be building around any one player. That has gotten us in trouble again and again. We need to put a system in place and a team that can run it. Not a system around a player.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Busta is right. Say we get the most talked about trade package from LA.

Jrue
    Payton
    Ball
    Jackson
    Ingram
    Miller
    Kuzma
    Niko
    Randle
    Diallo
    Okafor
    Zubac

Maybe a 1st.

That's a freaking nice, young, and deep core. Instantly playoffs. Randle leaves. Trade a few guys for assets. Make a similar AD deal for Tatum or Porzingas and we are still playoffs next season. It's the rebuild talk that's ignorant.

But first, get the new coach and GM. And that probably won't be in motion for another few weeks.
    Not a playoff team. Those players did nothing for LA, why would they all of a sudden make us a playoff team?

This is why the Pelicans probably need to wait until the draft to deal. Options #1 and #2 won't be available until then. Whatever the Lakers have to offer will only go up in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    My boy just sent me this trade. Thoughts?

https://tradenba.com/trades/rk-0wL6XV

It's garbage. Wall is on a terrible contract while currently injured and we get a poo platter of meh from Lakers and two 1st that will be late round picks. Might be one of the worst trade suggestions I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not a playoff team. Those players did nothing for LA, why would they all of a sudden make us a playoff team?
    Because they were rookies it’s not like they’re not goin to improve man y’all gonna be disappointed when we don’t get the next coming if Michael Jordan for AD

Because they were rookies it’s not like they’re not goin to improve man y’all gonna be disappointed when we don’t get the next coming if Michael Jordan for AD

Why haven't they improved at all so far? Especially Ingram, who is three years in.

Basketball Guru
    Why haven't they improved at all so far? Especially Ingram, who is three years in.
    the funny thing is that ingram is better than what we have at the SF position now and in past years lol....he is 21..young dude to grow with...has length to play the position...can get his own shot....this dude can avg say 15 for us at that position....so help me understand how is that trash player as you call him not an upgrade for us at that position?....

now some of yall have been swearing up and down that diallo will be good or turn it around....some of yall also say frank has potential and didnt want him to be traded.....well ingram is better than those 2 players and thats a fact and he is 21 so how can ingram be trash and not better than frank and diallo lol?......ingram has potential and if he dont get better,,having someone at that position that can get us 15 is a good problem right?..

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the funny thing is that ingram is better than what we have at the SF position now and in past years lol....he is 21..young dude to grow with...has length to play the position...can get his own shot....this dude can avg say 15 for us at that position....so help me understand how is that trash player as you call him not an upgrade for us at that position?....

now some of yall have been swearing up and down that diallo will be good or turn it around....some of yall also say frank has potential and didnt want him to be traded.....well ingram is better than those 2 players and thats a fact and he is 21 so how can ingram be trash and not better than frank and diallo lol?......ingram has potential and if he dont get better,,having someone at that position that can get us 15 is a good problem right?..
    Mate- this has nothing to do with Ingram being good/bad. We can get a better package if we wait. That is the whole point of not caving to the Lakers now.

I feel so sorry for you that you've been so let down by this franchise that when we have a top 5 player about to enter his prime with over a year left on his contract, averaging 29/13/4, on the trade block, you find it acceptable for the main return on our trade to be a minor increase at small forward who MIGHT be able to get us 15 or 16 points per game on 30% from three.

Like, thank Jesus you aren't a GM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    ingram has potential and if he dont get better,,having someone at that position that can get us 15 is a good problem right?..
    Not at the contract you're going to pay him soon. he'll be a negative asset unless he gets a lot better. Just because he's young and COULD get better doesn't mean he will. He sure hasn't shown much improvement 3 years in.

Ingram only played one year of college ball so he’s young he will improve .

Ingram only played one year of college ball so he’s young he will improve .

AD played one year of college ball. Three seasons in, he was averaging 24/10 on 54% from the floor and leading the league in blocks.
    The player everyone keeps saying Ingram can be is KD. KD also played one year of college ball. Three seasons in, he was averaging 30/7/2 on 47% from the floor.

Jayson Tatum played one year of college ball. He's only two seasons in, he's confidently better than Ingram everywhere on the floor, both ends. Same number of points, better efficiency, better rebounder, same rough level of passing, much better defender.

Ingram is not the worst player in the league. He doesn't suck COMPLETELY. He might even be nice as an addition in an AD trade. He is not the centrepiece of an AD trade, whatsoever. And unfortunately for LA, he's the best they got. So they don't have anything good enough.

Why, serious question, does everyone seem to WANT to get robbed in this trade?

The Lakers were rookies and sophomores in the examples people are giving. And this season is the LeBron factor. That guy eats so many stats everyone else drops. Yes, Tatum, Simmons, or Zion would be preferred but we don't have to get hyperbolic on the Laker kids.

The other point is that we will never get back what AD is worth. We have to sell at some point or get nothing in two seasons. In that time, no team will have the assets to give us exactly equal compensation and there are risks every where we go. Even with Zion.

AD played one year of college ball. Three seasons in, he was averaging 24/10 on 54% from the floor and leading the league in blocks.
    The player everyone keeps saying Ingram can be is KD. KD also played one year of college ball. Three seasons in, he was averaging 30/7/2 on 47% from the floor.

Jayson Tatum played one year of college ball. He's only two seasons in, he's confidently better than Ingram everywhere on the floor, both ends. Same number of points, better efficiency, better rebounder, same rough level of passing, much better defender.

Ingram is not the worst player in the league. He doesn't suck COMPLETELY. He might even be nice as an addition in an AD trade. He is not the centrepiece of an AD trade, whatsoever. And unfortunately for LA, he's the best they got. So they don't have anything good enough.

Why, serious question, does everyone seem to WANT to get robbed in this trade?
    They are impatient and want instant gratification. I understand the pessimism and doommongering, but it isn’t productive and affects their ability to see things clearly.

Basketball Guru
    I feel so sorry for you that you've been so let down by this franchise that when we have a top 5 player about to enter his prime with over a year left on his contract, averaging 29/13/4, on the trade block, you find it acceptable for the main return on our trade to be a minor increase at small forward who MIGHT be able to get us 15 or 16 points per game on 30% from three.

Like, thank Jesus you aren't a GM.
    lol you playing games on here....you said ingram was trash..i ask to help me understand how over what we have....

i never said it was acceptable but i believe its better than boston as a whole...just boston deal....boston is the only deal out there now but cant get involved...

kuzma a baller
    zubac a baller
    ingram a baller also
    ball is a pure point guard and can lead a team...add jrue and niko and thats a nice team.....as a whole those dudes are good...again i said over boston picks who are 3 playoffs teams now.......i said i would take them over anything boston give...

you and others will be crying when thats the deal we make if it comes down to boston...

lol you playing games on here....you said ingram was trash..i ask to help me understand how over what we have....

i never said it was acceptable but i believe its better than boston as a whole...just boston deal....boston is the only deal out there now but cant get involved...

kuzma a baller
    zubac a baller
    ingram a baller also
    ball is a pure point guard and can lead a team...add jrue and niko and thats a nice team.....as a whole those dudes are good...again i said over boston picks who are 3 playoffs teams now.......i said i would take them over anything boston give...

you and others will be crying when thats the deal we make if it comes down to boston...
    Like I said, thank Jesus you aren't the GM.

Who looks at players who have declined, in every category, who have gotten less efficient despite getting better looks, who are (in Ingram's case) multiple years in and refusing to take the jump, who are due (again, Ingram) big money payouts unless you want them to walk away for nothing, and says ''oh yeah, baller, baller, baller, pure point, they're good, I take them over anything Boston gives, you'll be crying if you don't take this deal?''.

Give it to me straight. Be honest here. Are you Isiah Thomas?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Mate- this has nothing to do with Ingram being good/bad. We can get a better package if we wait. That is the whole point of not caving to the Lakers now.

im not saying cave in to the lakers....i want us to trade AD after the top 6 free agents are settle so teams can make the best offer to us.....

i just like the lakers players over the boston deal..thats all...if its between boston then i hope we get every young playing from the lakers...

Basketball Guru
    Like I said, thank Jesus you aren't the GM.

Who looks at players who have declined, in every category, who have gotten less efficient despite getting better looks, who are (in Ingram's case) multiple years in and refusing to take the jump, who are due (again, Ingram) big money payouts unless you want them to walk away for nothing, and says ''oh yeah, baller, baller, baller, pure point, they're good, I take them over anything Boston gives, you'll be crying if you don't take this deal?''.

Give it to me straight. Be honest here. Are you Isiah Thomas?
    yes..

Thread Information