Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: So it's a fire sale...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    yes..
    Okay, thanks IT.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I feel so sorry for you that you've been so let down by this franchise that when we have a top 5 player about to enter his prime with over a year left on his contract, averaging 29/13/4, on the trade block, you find it acceptable for the main return on our trade to be a minor increase at small forward who MIGHT be able to get us 15 or 16 points per game on 30% from three.

Like, thank Jesus you aren't a GM.
    ^^^^

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Is this where I should post my Jrue Holiday and Julius for Tyreke, Joseph, 1st round pick, McDermott and Sabonis trade?

This would help with tanking the rest of this season, open up our cap to take on bad contracts for additional assets next year, give us a late 1st, a plus asset in Sabonis, and role player to fill out the rebuild roster in McBuckets. A guy like Coby White from UNC would be a nice late round pick.

The Pacers are currently a 3rd seed, but loss Oladipo. Jrue and Julius would step right in and allow them to compete, and a Jrue/Oladipo backcourt at some point next season would be nasty in the East.

The Franchise
    I’d like to keep Jrue for at least a year or at least till we see what we get from AD deal. If we get a pg or good SG then maybe. What about a first, Beal, and porter for Davis and whatever else.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Wouldn’t now be the time to get best value from trading Jrue?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Wouldn’t now be the time to get best value from trading Jrue?
    I don't see how his value drops between now and this summer. I'd prefer to wait and make the AD trade first then see where we are at.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't see how his value drops between now and this summer. I'd prefer to wait and make the AD trade first then see where we are at.
    I don’t have an argument to make either way but is it not possible that we hold on to Jrue as the potential #2 option going forward after AD trade? That’s assuming and praying we net a player better than Jrue whether directly through a player in the trade or through a draft pick. Or is that just too much to be paying when you aren’t a contending team? As the cap continues to go up will his contract look like a decent value. Would we regret watching him continue to grow as a leader elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    I don’t have an argument to make either way but is it not possible that we hold on to Jrue as the potential #2 option going forward after AD trade? That’s assuming and praying we net a player better than Jrue whether directly through a player in the trade or through a draft pick. Or is that just too much to be paying when you aren’t a contending team? As the cap continues to go up will his contract look like a decent value. Would we regret watching him continue to grow as a leader elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. I would hold onto the possibility of keeping Jrue just incase he fits our core we end up with. He is locked up long term and is good value.

Yes. I would hold onto the possibility of keeping Jrue just incase he fits our core we end up with. He is locked up long term and is good value.
    Agreed, maybe he stays, maybe he goes but just as with the AD trade, there's no reason to be quick on the trigger about it. We have time, get the best offer not the first offer.

What would yall think of a Niko for Dante Exum trade?

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Mirotic, Randle, and Moore are also being shopped around.. personally I'm ok with this. Mirotic could probably fetch a 1st, or am I wrong?
    2ND ROUNDS AT BEST FOR ALL 3

Mirotic and Randle for Evan Turner and Portland's 2019 1st round pick.

That's a deal both teams should do. Pels get a pick and a smart vet that can help Jrue lead a bunch of young guys next year. It doesn't hurt that Turner and Jrue are besties. Next year is the last year of his ridiculous contract. It saves Blazers a ton of money next season, and gives them two guys to help them make a real push in the West this season.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Mirotic and Randle for Evan Turner and Portland's 2019 1st round pick.

That's a deal both teams should do. Pels get a pick and a smart vet that can help Jrue lead a bunch of young guys next year. It doesn't hurt that Turner and Jrue are besties. Next year is the last year of his ridiculous contract. It saves Blazers a ton of money next season, and gives them two guys to help them make a real push in the West this season.
    Pass. If I want a late 1st round pick I can probably get that for Niko as is without taking back bad salary.

Pass. If I want a late 1st round pick I can probably get that for Niko as is without taking back bad salary.
    It would essentially be a one year deal for Turner. And as the Mavs proved, having large expiring contracts can be very helpful if you wan to pull off a bid deal. I think Turner's expiring is going to be a great asset to have going forward.

Thread Information