Pelicans Report

Thread: Park Davis (Now) /Fire Demps and Gentry (Today)/ Hire Becky Hammon (Tomorrow)

Park Davis (Now) /Fire Demps and Gentry (Today)/ Hire Becky Hammon (Tomorrow)

Well so much for making a run at Calipari. I say, park Davis and go full tank mode...call up an entire GLeague team who cares? Playing Davis does nothing for us at all. It only worsen the situation on the court and in the stands. And I don't blame him one bit.

They should have fired Demps and Gentry this morning. Maybe they did? Go hire Becky Hammon tonight. If they can fire coaches midseason they can hire assistants off other teams midseason as well. Why Becky Hammon? Because she could inject some life into this franchise on and off the court. Go watch highlights of her coaching the Spurs to a Summer League championship. Go watch highlights of her during shoot around. Players respect her because, 1. She can still play some ball and 2. She knows the Pro game. She is smart and articulate. I think the dynamic between her and Sean Payton would be great. Plus she just changes the narrative on Airline Drive. This has zero to do with social meandering...it has everything to do with winning and creating a positive vibe at the SKC. It's a morgue right now. But what do I know.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Basketball Guru
    come on with the becky hammon coaching talk.....let her cut her teeth first...

Whoa! Are you guys really throwing in the towel already?

What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    come on with the becky hammon coaching talk.....let her cut her teeth first...
    Exactly, that sounds like Fletcher talking.

Yeah sure let's hire one of the retreads thats been fired four or five times already. Give me a creative alternative and I will listen. But doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Like I said, I'm just a common fan.

Who ARE the hot candidates? I don't watch much other basketball.

Thread Information