Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Our biggest star wants to leave. Someone talk me off the ledge.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJacket View Post
    It's not the end of the world. It's not like the Pels were in the Finals ever year. Making it to the playoffs was still an event. Right now the team just has to figure out how to build for the future. No more leveraging the future for a one season shot at the playoffs.
    Wouldn't have been a one season shot if the team ponied up and gave Boogie what he was worth.

Do that and you have Boogie on the court right now and AD happy to have his wingman.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    Wouldn't have been a one season shot if the team ponied up and gave Boogie what he was worth.

Do that and you have Boogie on the court right now and AD happy to have his wingman.
    You maxing out Boogie coming off of a ruptured Achilles?

Hahaha. Had we kept Boogie we would have a worse current record. You're saying AD would choose a recovering Boogie with a worse record over Bron?

AD mentioned part of his reason was ownership by the Saints and that he thought the Pelicans would always take second place. The drive wasn't there to get a Championship. I wished he hadn't said that because thats just telling other free agents not to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Pelican View Post
    AD mentioned part of his reason was ownership by the Saints and that he thought the Pelicans would always take second place. The drive wasn't there to get a Championship. I wished he hadn't said that because thats just telling other free agents not to come here.
    Where did he mention that?

Just before the AD news came out I pretty much decided that barring something miraculous I would take a break from basketball and not renew my league pass subscription. I had high hopes for this season, and the disappointment it has been was the last straw. Funnily enough, AD being traded might be what kindles my interest again. Previously our superstars have played the PG or C/PF positions, but IMO that's where you can get a lot of talent for a modest amount of money. This rebuild gives us a chance to allocate funds at the wing positions where it's most needed. Of course this requires the front office to do a good job (and probably certain stars to align as well as some NOLA voodoo) in order to work out, but at least it makes things interesting again.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnbY View Post
    Just before the AD news came out I pretty much decided that barring something miraculous I would take a break from basketball and not renew my league pass subscription. I had high hopes for this season, and the disappointment it has been was the last straw. Funnily enough, AD being traded might be what kindles my interest again. Previously our superstars have played the PG or C/PF positions, but IMO that's where you can get a lot of talent for a modest amount of money. This rebuild gives us a chance to allocate funds at the wing positions where it's most needed. Of course this requires the front office to do a good job (and probably certain stars to align as well as some NOLA voodoo) in order to work out, but at least it makes things interesting again.
    I feel the same way I've had my league pass subscription for the last 6 years and I was thinking of not renewing but now I think I will unless we trade with LA

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I feel the same way I've had my league pass subscription for the last 6 years and I was thinking of not renewing but now I think I will unless we trade with LA
    If we trade AD to LA I will no longer watch until they fire the idiot that makes that deal. They do not have enough to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Where did he mention that?
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-anth...005141692.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Pelican View Post
    "The Athletic" speculation. Probably just one of the former NOLA reporters/bloggers speculating.

Thread Information