Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: AD Will Not Sign Extension, Requested Trade

Do you guys think the Pelicans will have interest in bringing CP3 back to New Orleans? CP3, Chriss and 4 future first rd picks for Davis?

CP3, Holliday, Mirotic and Randle would still be able to put together a pretty decent team.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Do you guys think the Pelicans will have interest in bringing CP3 back to New Orleans? CP3, Chriss and 4 future first rd picks for Davis?

CP3, Holliday, Mirotic and Randle would still be able to put together a pretty decent team.

what?...you would like AD and harden together right lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What has Gianni done to deserve to be ahead of AD? NOTHING.
    He has his team in the top of his conference best record in the league. This sport is about winning. The Bucks are pretty much on par with the Pelicans in terms of overall talent.

It's not in the Pelicans' interest to do the deal before Boston can be involved. Even if he gets traded elsewhere, waiting for the Celtics to bid up the price is the only smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I don’t see why AD would want to go to the Lakers when Lebron is on his last legs. He won’t be winning anything there, as Lebron isn’t the player he once was, and the players around him will be garbage.
    Influenced by rich paul. Its not about AD its about getting LBJ another ring.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Pack it up. Shut down the severs and the domain, nba in New Orleans is over

Yeah, with all due respect to AD, The Greek Freak > Da Brow.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Influenced by rich paul. Its not about AD its about getting LBJ another ring.
    If AD is working to please his agents other client rather than his own needs he is dumber than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The Boogie injury really changed the course of history.
    Trading two picks for Jrue Holiday really changed the course of history.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Pack it up. Shut down the severs and the domain, nba in New Orleans is over
    This could and should be the best thing that happens to basketball in NOLA. So long as we clean house and hire competent people. Hopefully Lady Benson hires a smart basketball executive and then gets out of his/her way.

The pelicans could have still signed boogie even with the injury. Guarantee that AD wouldnt be leaving if they had kept Boogie. Front office failed by not taking a gamble on injured Cousins, and now the franchise has finally and totally imploded.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Trading two picks for Jrue Holiday really changed the course of history.

Getting nothing in return for Gordon one Anderson changed the course of history as well.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    ok if you are right about leonard going to LA then now you see why he came out now with the trade.....i dont think leonard is going to the lakers but i do think they might sign boogie to a small but good contract......lebron,,AD,,boogie and pieces would be good........ask for the trade now so boston cant get involved....he going to the lakers...
    My only hope is AD doesn't come out and say he only wants to go to the Lakers. If he does that then it'll kill most any other deal. You could still do them but Boston isn't giving up Tatum for sure if he isn't staying. I don't want anything to do with Ball and Ingram doesn't impress me much. Kuzma is ok but that's it and the first rounders will probably be late picks. This summer Boston and the Nets would be amongst my tops. The nets with DRussell and Allen to start would be good there.

The Franchise
    Getting nothing in return for Gordon one Anderson changed the course of history as well.
    Yea for me it wasn't trading Gordon, Anderson, or Tyreke when they had good trade value. They could have rebuilt on the fly really fast but held out they could resign them. New Orleans has to understand we are only going to keep players under rookie deals and restricted until we can perennially become a playoff team.

As bad as that was we could have survived it. Demps should have traded Gordon the min he turned down the 1st extension deal. Instead he let him hit the open market knowing it only took one team to offer him a max. It was stupid then as it is now.

Hopefully Anthony realizes the title is a long shot in the West and sees the logic in heading East. The Lakers would essentially be gutting their already mediocre roster for a shot at the title next season (and we don’t know when Lebron starts his decline).

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    It'd be nice if we could find a team with some unhappy players that'd actually want to come to New Orleans, (Or anywhere other than their current team that is), to trade AD for. I really don't want to see the another picture like the one of Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, and Al-Farouq Aminu. That is some depressing BS. I understand they're going to try to get the best package they can, but damn, it'd just be nice to some guys who didn't mind being traded ya know.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    My only hope is AD doesn't come out and say he only wants to go to the Lakers. If he does that then it'll kill most any other deal. You could still do them but Boston isn't giving up Tatum for sure if he isn't staying. I don't want anything to do with Ball and Ingram doesn't impress me much. Kuzma is ok but that's it and the first rounders will probably be late picks. This summer Boston and the Nets would be amongst my tops. The nets with DRussell and Allen to start would be good there.

but coming out and saying you want a trade now imo is saying i dont want to go to boston knowing the lakers will give up everything to get him now....so imo he is telling us he want to go to the lakers...

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Yea for me it wasn't trading Gordon, Anderson, or Tyreke when they had good trade value. They could have rebuilt on the fly really fast but held out they could resign them. New Orleans has to understand we are only going to keep players under rookie deals and restricted until we can perennially become a playoff team.
    This. Which is why I pointed to the Holiday draft day trade as the thing that put us on this path. It created an unnecessary sense of rush to be good much sooner than what was realistic. Those same injuries happen to rookies and/or journeyman players it doesn't set us back at all. Instead the injuries happened to the young vets we invested so much assets into and it ruined us.

He has his team in the top of his conference best record in the league. This sport is about winning. The Bucks are pretty much on par with the Pelicans in terms of overall talent.
    Has he ever made it further in the playoffs than AD? He plays in the East. Our team would be a top 2 seed over there. Gianni ain't proved anything yet. And AD destroys him in individual stats.

Time to go on a multi year tank

NBA is ruined. All the superstars want to play for the same teams and chase a ring. I hope AD fails like CP3

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    This. Which is why I pointed to the Holiday draft day trade as the thing that put us on this path. It created an unnecessary sense of rush to be good much sooner than what was realistic. Those same injuries happen to rookies and/or journeyman players it doesn't set us back at all. Instead the injuries happened to the young vets we invested so much assets into and it ruined us.
    Shows why it is so important to be patient. The AD era feels like it was one big race right to the end of it.

Like many here I also hope we dont trade him to the Lakers. I dont like at all what they have to offer. I would stop supporting this team if Lonzo got here (together with his father). Also I dont want Lebron to get what he wants. He really believes he is the king.. I really like Tatum and I think Brown will play better again. Some picks would have to be involved as well of course.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Shows why it is so important to be patient. The AD era feels like it was one big race right to the end of it.

yeah but when you have an old owner then the patient change to go all out now to win......we dont know what mrs.benson plan is for the pelicans but i guess we will find out now...

Thread Information