Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: AD Will Not Sign Extension, Requested Trade

AD is clearly better than Westbrook and Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post

That dude is hearing wrong then. The Lakers simply don't have the assets to get AD. Like at all. Lonza, Kuzma, and Ingram simply don't move the needle.

It’s just a relief to me that Dell won’t make a ridiculous trade to try and keep AD here. If anything, AD saved us by announcing this.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    They're 9th in the east. Weren't they supposed to contend with the Warriors this year?
    lol ok ok..if you are going to go that route then where are we?...our team is better than the lakers right?......the point is as a whole those players added with jrue and pieces would be good and im hoping that if it comes down to that over boston then i hope we get those 5 players....i dont want none of them with AD and lebron...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He has literally come out and said AD has not made a specific request of a team.

This is only day 1 of this. Not all details have come out yet.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

What y’all aren’t realizing is AD wants the Lakers we make the deal now they give us the most we wait “ let Boston get in the picture and AD say he won’t sign an extension with any other team but the Lakers then our leverage goes away and our haul may get smaller waiting could back fire on us .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather trade him to Boston.

Tatum, Gordon Hayward, Morris/Smart and an unprotected 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I'd rather trade him to Boston.

Tatum, Gordon Hayward, Morris/Smart and an unprotected 1st
    Omg get that garbage Hayward contract out of here.

Omg get that garbage Hayward contract out of here.
    HOLY ********... I knew it was bad. But not 30 million bad lmao

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Trade him to GSW

Also why would his agent request a trade now knowing Boston can’t trade for him right now if he wanted Boston in the mix . AD is not going anywhere but LA go ahead and make the trade . Then fire Gentry!

Basketball Guru
    He has literally come out and said AD has not made a specific request of a team.

do you honestly believe that he is not going to the lakers in free agency?.....do it make sense to have the new face of your team going against lebron or helping his label mate win?...he sign with paul and they will make it work....

if you was a GM of any team, would you go all out to make a deal to get AD with the thought of him going to LA and the connections he have now?.......some of yall didnt believe that when he sign with paul that he was leaving and believe it was for just off court deals..........dude going to LA to be with lebron to lead him...

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    What y’all aren’t realizing is AD wants the Lakers we make the deal now they give us the most we wait “ let Boston get in the picture and AD say he won’t sign an extension with any other team but the Lakers then our leverage goes away and our haul may get smaller waiting could back fire on us .

bingo..i still would wait after free agency to trade him just to see if a better offer comes up...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I just woke up and saw this on Twitter. And ya know what? I don't even care anymore.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lol ok ok..if you are going to go that route then where are we?...our team is better than the lakers right?......the point is as a whole those players added with jrue and pieces would be good and im hoping that if it comes down to that over boston then i hope we get those 5 players....i dont want none of them with AD and lebron...
    This team is trash. I never said we were good enough to keep him. Quite the contrary, actually.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    This guy is such a clown. The "Pelicans cooperation." Language like this just convinces me that the NBA and the media just expects these small market teams to bow down to the big market juggernauts and do whatever they want. What happened to doing what's best for ourselves. Everyone can go screw themselves for all I care. I'm done watching this joke of a league.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    do you honestly believe that he is not going to the lakers in free agency?.....do it make sense to have the new face of your team going against lebron or helping his label mate win?...he sign with paul and they will make it work....

if you was a GM of any team, would you go all out to make a deal to get AD with the thought of him going to LA and the connections he have now?.......some of yall didnt believe that when he sign with paul that he was leaving and believe it was for just off court deals..........dude going to LA to be with lebron to lead him...
    How is he going to go to the Lakers in free agency if Leonard already eats their cap space?

I don't think it's guaranteed at all he goes to the Lakers. He is smart enough to know him and Lebron alone aren't beating the Warriors.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    The priority right now should be moving Niko and Randle. That's it. The Davis trade will come. We don't need to be in a rush. Lets see how the lottery shakes out. Start offseason with Davis trade as priority number one. Then enter free agency and the draft with all of our pieces on the table. Demps and Gentry will be gone. Now you can look at your next GM and coach to formulate the new identity of the team.

The Franchise
    How is he going to go to the Lakers in free agency if Leonard already eats their cap space?

I don't think it's guaranteed at all he goes to the Lakers. He is smart enough to know him and Lebron alone aren't beating the Warriors.
    Boston is the best for 2 ways. We get the assets we need and AD and Kyrie can bring Boston to the finals every year for the next couple years. AD would have a hard time getting to the finals even with Lebron.

Leonard is not going to the Lakers it’s either toranto or the clippers

How is the fanbase going to react to this?

I don’t see why AD would want to go to the Lakers when Lebron is on his last legs. He won’t be winning anything there, as Lebron isn’t the player he once was, and the players around him will be garbage. His best bet to win it all and still remain marketable would be by taking his talents to Boston, and forming something with Kyrie and Hawyward.

The biggest package we will receive will be now if we wait AD will say I’m only going to LA then LA will have the advantage and they can decrease their offer it’s a dangerous game to wait I believe . It may look like the pels have the upper hand right now but they don’t AD does .

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I don’t see why AD would want to go to the Lakers when Lebron is on his last legs. He won’t be winning anything there, as Lebron isn’t the player he once was, and the players around him will be garbage. His best bet to win it all and still remain marketable would be by taking his talents to Boston, and forming something with Kyrie and Hawyward.

i believe its the allure that stars will come to LA to play with him being its LA...the best place for him to win..

Basketball Guru

ok if you are right about leonard going to LA then now you see why he came out now with the trade.....i dont think leonard is going to the lakers but i do think they might sign boogie to a small but good contract......lebron,,AD,,boogie and pieces would be good........ask for the trade now so boston cant get involved....he going to the lakers...

Thread Information