Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: AD Will Not Sign Extension, Requested Trade

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Also, I really wish y'all would stop including the Lakers in any deal. They have NOTHING to offer. Kuzma and Hart are fine players, but what else? Ingram is trash, and Lonzo is trash. Stop settling for mediocrity. We've been rung through the mud enough.

The return on recently traded superstars (Paul George, Kyrie, Cousins, Butler) has been mixed, but some of those trades actually did end up netting a fair haul for the team sending the star out. Some of the packages seemed low at first, but turned out pretty good.

Having said that, Davis is the best of the bunch and New Orleans certainly will get a lot of high bids. LA has some young talent, but Boston's Tatum has more star potential than any of the tradable Lakers. Boston's Sacramento pick seems like it won't be that great barring lottery luck, but their future Memphis pick could easily roll forward and turn into a gem. Jaylen Brown's future is a lot better than his stats as well.

There are other teams that may surprise with who they're will to part with. The limitation is Davis must be willing to re-sign, so that eliminates bad and mediocre teams.

In the Celtics' case, is a draft day verbal agreement possible with the trade being completed when it becomes legal in early July?

Basketball Guru
    this been a bad sports month for us...the saints get robbed.....now we get hit with this.....now writers are saying that rich paul been wanted to get the word out that AD was not going to sign the max but AD didnt want to come to work with that over his head but he gave the word now.....so i guess AD is not playing anymore this season....

Time to fire everyone in the front office, trade jrue, mirotic, randle... everyone that can net us picks.Take the best offer for AD and try to think about our future.Where we want to go, and who we want to go with.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Also, I really wish y'all would stop including the Lakers in any deal. They have NOTHING to offer. Kuzma and Hart are fine players, but what else? Ingram is trash, and Lonzo is trash. Stop settling for mediocrity. We've been rung through the mud enough.
    .those dudes are in the playoff race.....they are 2 way players....ball,,,ingram,,,kuzma,,,zubac,,hart,,ar e good group to build around....

i would take those 5 over just tatum and brown from boston...boston pick are their own which will be in the high 20s....kings pick looking bad....clippers pick is looking bad....Memphis pick is top 8 protected.....

he is going to the lakers any way so why not take away all of their young players so him and lebron can try to build a team with lower level players?....why let AD go to the lakers with kuzma,,zubac,ingram to add to the power of him and lebron?.....now if you get a package from another team that blow you away then take it,,,if not, ill take all of the lakers players because he is going there anyway...

Look for Rich Paul to torpedo the Pels and tell teams that AD won’t sign with anyone but LA.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    I’m just happy we have something other than MM’s social skills to talk about for a couple hours
    LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Bleacher says LA needs to "start" the negotiations with Ball, Kuz, Zubak and a #1. I'd say throw in Hart and Ingram too. If you want AD it won't come cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    .those dudes are in the playoff race.....they are 2 way players....ball,,,ingram,,,kuzma,,,zubac,,hart,,ar e good group to build around....

i would take those 5 over just tatum and brown from boston...boston pick are their own which will be in the high 20s....kings pick looking bad....clippers pick is looking bad....Memphis pick is top 8 protected.....

he is going to the lakers any way so why not take away all of their young players so him and lebron can try to build a team with lower level players?....why let AD go to the lakers with kuzma,,zubac,ingram to add to the power of him and lebron?.....now if you get a package from another team that blow you away then take it,,,if not, ill take all of the lakers players because he is going there anyway...
    My guy, they have LeBron James. They wouldn't be anywhere without him.

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post

I wouldn't even trade Jrue Holiday for that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Fact that Ingram isn’t listed tells all you need to know about the validity of that tweet

Meh. It is what it is. This isn't an awful thing. If handled right it can be a win win for everyone.

AD is so classy. He deserves better. I hope he wins a final. I absolutely love AD. Wish we could keep him...but oh well.

As much as he is elite, he is NOT a gamechanger. He gets some awesome stats, but rarely took over games. We were not going to win with him as our main star. We would have needed to recruit a gamechanger like Westbrook to make it work and that was unlikely.

I like Demps. He's done well. He continued to put good pieces in place that would be blown apart by injuries.....or this year it is obvious the players knew about AD. They just play with no passion and energy. That's not on Demps. That's on Gentry and the situation.

Finally, AD is being SO good to us in the way he is handling this. We currently are setup to be able to get a royal package for him. He could easily sink that but he hasn't, yet. We should be able to get something back for him that sets us up to be good now and great in the future......if handled correctly.

It hurts, but this could be good for us. It does have the potential to blow up in our face, though. However, since the Benson's have taken over, this team has actually been competitive and has built up hope. There is no reason to assume it would go the other way.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I'm honestly relieved. At fiirst I felt a bit embarrassed but now Im looking forward to the draft.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

You are right My friend.

The Boogie injury really changed the course of history.

Basketball Guru
    My guy, they have LeBron James. They wouldn't be anywhere without him.

I wouldn't even trade Jrue Holiday for that.

lol they are playing good ball without lebron..stop it....the point is as a whole with jrue and other pieces the team would be deep in depth and good....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lol they are playing good ball without lebron..stop it....the point is as a whole with jrue and other pieces the team would be deep in depth and good....
    They're 9th in the east. Weren't they supposed to contend with the Warriors this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The Boogie injury really changed the course of history.
    I can’t deny that injuries in general have changed the course of this franchise. It doesn’tmean I am any more forgiving of Gentry, Dell and co., but it will always be a what could have been. We had an MVP candidate for 6-7 and we never even came close.

I fear that we will be stuck in NBA purgatory (right on the cusp of both the lottery and the playoffs) if we take a Lakers trade.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Demps should be fired by noon Friday and a search for his replacement opened by the end of that business day.

Anything less is front office criminality.

There is no rush, let AD sit, tank, and go through a thorough hiring process, including consultants to help these football guys work through a process and a sport we know from experience that they are not experts on.
    Exactly. Let AD cause the stink. It works in our favor for tanking

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I fear that we will be stuck in NBA purgatory (right on the cusp of both the lottery and the playoffs) if we take a Lakers trade.
    Just like where the CP trade would have left us

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Do not send him to the lakers. Do not give Lebron what he wants. They can’t offer us anything that will really help us. We need to move AD to a different team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Should have traded him last year. It's well known the longer you wait the less leverage you have. Davis is a great player but he's no James, Leonard, Curry, Harden, Antetounkompo, Durant. Hell he's in the Jokic, Westbrook, George tier IMO. He puts up monster stats but he's a number 2 on a championship team. This isn't nearly as harmful as losing Paul so long as the trade isn't totally botched. Unfortunately Demps has a history of botching things.
    What has Gianni done to deserve to be ahead of AD? NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Look for Rich Paul to torpedo the Pels and tell teams that AD won’t sign with anyone but LA.
    He has literally come out and said AD has not made a specific request of a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What has Gianni done to deserve to be ahead of AD? NOTHING.
    To me, it sounds like a lil salt. I understand it, but be prepared to hear a lot of nonsense "AD wasn't even that good anyway" takes in the immediate future.
    Basketball.

Thread Information