Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: AD Will Not Sign Extension, Requested Trade

Who has Sam Hinkie's number?

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    and they sure "showed" off lol that they are just garbage

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Hahaha. I want to make clear that's what I heard. Not my thinking. Lol.

There will be a lot of assumptions and conjecture thrown around. The absolutely known facts so far look like AD is being classy about it. Still very early in a long process. Hope it stays this way.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Hahaha. I want to make clear that's what I heard. Not my thinking. Lol.

There will be a lot of assumptions and conjecture thrown around. The absolutely known facts so far look like AD is being classy about it. Still very early in a long process. Hope it stays this way.
    Oh no man I get I'm just saying if that is true they just completely screwed it up here by showing how much we wouldn't want any of those players save for kuzma and he may be hurt permanently lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Pels could play hardball right back if forced to. They could trade AD for peanuts on the dollar at the trade deadline next year, and flat out refuse to trade him to the Lakers. They'd still get at least a pick and matching salary out of the deal from a team that wants to go all in for a title. AD would be forced to endure 12 more months of awkwardness. And I'd sit him for those 12 months. One thing is absolutely true, Gayle Benson has all the leverage in this town. Tom Benson made Bobby Hebert sit out an entire year. Gayle should ask herself what would Tom do if it came down to it. Use fan apathy to your advantage. When Football season starts, assume most people won't care what the Pelicans are doing. And no one is going to ever run her out of town or have a single bad thing to say about her because she's still the owner of the Saints. She could simultaneously say she will never sell and doesn't care if the Pelicans lose millions every year. Have you seen how much dead money the Saints carry on their books?! What's a "Junior Galette" level loss on the Pels books every year to Gayle?!? And if she needs more money, she should ask herself again... what would Tom do. And she'll realize the City and/or State will give her whatever she wants to keep the team here. If Gayle acts like the billionaire that she is, she can play this right. IF forced to. I doubt LeBron wants to waste TWO season waiting on Davis.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 01-28-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Besides us stealing it. I just hope Chicago or New York get the #1 pick. Because that's where AD will be going if so. Either to New York for Zion, Porzingis, Knox, 2 1sts. Or to Chicago for Zion, lavine, Markannen(Carter), 2 1sts.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    This is an EASY deal to do... I'll say it again, call James Dolan and the Knicks. The deal is built around Porzingis and their pick. Not sure how else it works out and how much other salary we take on, but that's the deal that the Pels should be pursuing.
    Porzingis would bolt first chance lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    its not the resign part that is the issue. AD's agent specifically said they requested a trade which you cannot publicly state.

By going public it hurts the Pelicans being able to trade AD, hence why it's tampering. Any requests are supposed to be made privately and not given to media.
    Did not know that. Good info
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Pels could play hardball right back if forced to. They could trade AD for peanuts on the dollar at the trade deadline next year, and flat out refuse to trade him to the Lakers. They'd still get at least a pick and matching salary out of the deal from a team that wants to go all in for a title. AD would be forced to endure 12 more months of awkwardness. And I'd sit him for those 12 months. One thing is absolutely true, Gayle Benson has all the leverage in this town. Tom Benson made Bobby Hebert sit out an entire year. Gayle should ask herself what would Tom do if it came down to it. Use fan apathy to your advantage. When Football season starts, assume most people won't care what the Pelicans are doing. And no one is going to ever run her out of town or have a single bad thing to say about her because she's still the owner of the Saints. She could simultaneously say she will never sell and doesn't care if the Pelicans lose millions every year. Have you seen how much dead money the Saints carry on their books?! What's a "Junior Galette" level loss on the Pels books every year to Gayle?!? And if she needs more money, she should ask herself again... what would Tom do. And she'll realize the City and/or State will give her whatever she wants to keep the team here. If Gayle acts like the billionaire that she is, she can play this right. IF forced to. I doubt LeBron wants to waste TWO season waiting on Davis.
    Pelicans playing hardball hurts the team more than AD. He’ll refuse to sign long term and the offers will lessen. I know y’all don’t believe this but AD holds all the cards. Don’t trade him to where he wants to go, he’ll just not agree to an extension. If you refuse to trade him, he’ll get a mysterious Kawhi type injury and sit which will also lessen his trade value. Pels can’t win this one.
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 01-28-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Pelicans playing hardball hurts the team more than AD. He’ll refuse to sign long term and the offers will lessen. I know y’all don’t believe this but AD holds all the cards. Don’t trade him to where he wants to go, he’ll just not agree to an extension. If you refuse to trade him, he’ll get a mysterious Kawhi type injury and sit which will also lessen his trade value. Pels can’t win this one.
    He's not agreeing to an extension anywhere he goes because he loses money with an extension. He is going to play out next season then sign a max deal. It's the best way for him to make money. Especially after turning down a supermax.

Look at what PG, Leonard, Lebron, etc all have done. Bone have signed an extension.

Basketball Guru
    writers are saying that paul been wanted to make it public that AD was not going to sign the max but AD was the one holding back because im guessing he didnt want to deal with the backlash from the fans.....

this also tell me they were trying to get him to the lakers early this season but AD held back until now...

It says to me that AD really is classy and doesn't want to screw us over.

And AD only has all of the cards if he is willing to not play for two and a half seasons or if zero teams will have interest in renting him for a year and trying to convince him to stay. He won't do that and we've seen from the past few season that there will always be a buyer for elite one year rentals. He in no way holds all the cards.

In any case, I think from the tea leaves I see that there is still love and respect between AD and the franchise, and so they are trying to find a beneficial way to resolve this for all sides.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    Porzingis would bolt first chance lol.

That's not any time soon. Sign him, then trade him. He's an asset, nothing more.

This too shall pass. I’m looking forward to life after AD. Guys like Frank, Jrue, Okafor, Niko, etc are easy to root for. Geaux Pels!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    This too shall pass. I’m looking forward to life after AD. Guys like Frank, Jrue, Okafor, Niko, etc are easy to root for. Geaux Pels!!!
    Not going to have to root for them for long. Niko is gone and Jrue might not far behind
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    It's fine. He's under contract. He can't opt out until next summer. If AD says he only wants to go to Lakers --which is how I prefaced it --then we're not going to get the best offers anyway. In that scenario, I play hardball with him. Up until next years trade deadline, you'll still be able extract some kind of value from a Davis trade. May not be optimal, but him calling his shot on going to the Lakers would already have created a less than optimal scenario.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not going to have to root for them for long. Niko is gone and Jrue might not far behind
    By this time next week, this team could have like 6-8 new faces

Sad to see Niko on the block. Jrue is just unsure. It's like working at a job you love and boom your best mate and most productive employee takes a new job then you find out the GM and Manager probably gone and most of the other employees are jumping ship. It's not fun but there is always the slight chance you like the new GM and Management enough where you can stick with that job.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Sad to see Niko on the block. Jrue is just unsure. It's like working at a job you love and boom your best mate and most productive employee takes a new job then you find out the GM and Manager probably gone and most of the other employees are jumping ship. It's not fun but there is always the slight chance you like the new GM and Management enough where you can stick with that job.
    I'd like Jrue to stay. He's a very very nice guy from everything I've seen, he's producing at a great level, and is a level headed character who would be a good cooling temperament for younger players. I could easily see him taking on a mentor role to the influx of rookies that we're looking for from the AD/Randle/Niko trades.

That said, he's also at that age, and in that contract, where this is really his last real chance to contribute to a winner. He may decide that he would rather go elsewhere and play a winning role, rather than be that godfather type. I wouldn't blame him at all. I think whoever the GM is, whether it ends up being Demps or some new guy, owes it to Jrue to sit down and have a conversation. If he is happy to stay and be that mentor, I'd love it, but if he really wants to move on after having all this news dumped on him, I think he's owed the courtesy of that choice.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I'd like Jrue to stay. He's a very very nice guy from everything I've seen, he's producing at a great level, and is a level headed character who would be a good cooling temperament for younger players. I could easily see him taking on a mentor role to the influx of rookies that we're looking for from the AD/Randle/Niko trades.

That said, he's also at that age, and in that contract, where this is really his last real chance to contribute to a winner. He may decide that he would rather go elsewhere and play a winning role, rather than be that godfather type. I wouldn't blame him at all. I think whoever the GM is, whether it ends up being Demps or some new guy, owes it to Jrue to sit down and have a conversation. If he is happy to stay and be that mentor, I'd love it, but if he really wants to move on after having all this news dumped on him, I think he's owed the courtesy of that choice.
    I know everyone is talking AD, but I wonder what return Jrue can net. It has to be very good IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I know everyone is talking AD, but I wonder what return Jrue can net. It has to be very good IMO.
    I'm not too sure we could get that much for Jrue, to be honest. He's a great player but he doesn't really have all-star reputation, even if he has an all-star spot on his resume.

For me, if Jrue told me he wanted to be traded, I'd be looking for a solid first round pick and a good promising young player. Not expecting a top 5 or even top 10 FRP, not expecting future all-stars to be thrown at me (although I'd appreciate it) but I'm starting the bidding at a solid FRP and a good, promising sub 25y/o player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We need to also discuss how the supermax is an absolute failure of a provision for small market teams to keep players. We've had two players sign the supermax (Curry and Wall) and two who have forced their way out instead of signing it (AD and Leonard).

The small market teams need to take this to a lock out. The Pels probably lose 300-400m in value as soon as AD is gone. The CBA must add provisions to protect small market teams.
    This x infinity

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Drew Brees today,

I've spent this last week navigating the heartache and disappointment from the game. Some things within our control and some outside our control that caused us to fall short. So much of our motivation is to represent the Who Dat Nation with determination and resiliency. We want to play for you, fight for you, and win for you. You deserve that.

The longer I play I realize that we truly are one heartbeat with our fans. Our success is your success. Our disappointment is your disappointment. We are inspired by one another to accomplish things far greater than what we could ever do on our own.

Everything that has ever happened to this community, we have bonded together, galvanized and leaped forward every time.

The frustration we feel now can be channeled in the same way. Pour that passion and emotion into your families and communities. Inspire others with your focus & determination and positive outlook. This will make us stronger, this will bond us tighter, this will be a source for our success in the future.

There is no place like New Orleans. There is no community like ours. No fans like the Who Dat Nation. I refuse to let this hold us down. I refuse to let this create any negativity or resentment. I embrace the challenge.

So keep your chin up, hold your head high, puff your chest out because WE are the Who Dat Nation and WE will always persevere.

AD agent today,

"Anthony wants to be traded to a team that allows him a chance to win consistently and compete for a championship," Paul told ESPN. "Anthony wanted to be honest and clear with his intentions and that's the reason for informing them of this decision now. That's in the best interests of both Anthony's and the organization's future."

Can two people be more opposite? One strives for greatness every second of his life and makes every player that he has ever been around believe they will win. Brees has never had a ton of pro bowl talent around him, yet he worked his way to a superbowl win, numerous playoff appearances, and the all time passing yardage leader in a city and on a team that was never a free agent destination. That is a legacy.

AD just wants to be pampered and hold his superfriends hands so they can be given the championships he and they all deserve. I am not sure AD even knows the definition of legacy.

I also would like to start the campaign to officially change this teams name to the New Orleans Generals, if they want us to just show up and let the Globetrotter teams take all our best assets and smash us, we might as well be named after the team best known for doing this.
    Post of the century!

Quote Originally Posted by Atarwii View Post
    Where is this franchise in 2025?
    Seattle?

The NBA as constructed needs to contract. How many fans in nola have just wasted season tickets, AD merchandise/jerseys, and time?

And I say that having been to some games that were nearly empty with AD playing. I actually brought a small group from out of town to a game once and it was just embarrasing.

Another aspect is the NBA could possibly have one of its stars just not play the rest of this year... and he's healthy.

It happened in football last year, but it was the first time in the last 20 years, and everyone saw that coming. Plus the NFL has more "stars" to rely on.

I only see this hapenning more and more in the NBA. Guys just decide "I wanna go play for LA/Boston/Miami" and just basically quit until it happens.

Good stuff National Basketball Association.

Thread Information