Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: January 24th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Oklahoma City Thunder - 22-26

Or he is just hoping somehow one of these young guys like Jackson flashes so we can trade for a good SF. This is like when Boogie went down. We were sunk. Had a better record but, man. We need a Niko like deal or it's over.

Wait, down by 6 and they go with Chek and a corner three-pointer?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Gentry hates Payton down the stretch
    Gentry hates everyone down the stretch

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Pathetic way to finish game. This team is a joke.

We are in the running for moral victory champions. Still second place to the Saints on that one, though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    You don't really think that was actually the play that was called, do you?!?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    You don't really think that was actually the play that was called, do you?!?
    No, but there were two passes. One from Jrue to Frank, then Frank to Chek. At the least, Chek throws in the ball and runs down to the defensive side of the court and waits. No way should he have ever touched the ball.

Jake Madison thinks we should still be buyers. What’s he trying to do prolong his season as well? Jake we will still listen if the podcast is all about rebuilding, come on man get real. Some of us will still tune in just... stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    Jake Madison thinks we should still be buyers. What’s he trying to do prolong his season as well? Jake we will still listen if the podcast is all about rebuilding, come on man get real. Some of us will still tune in just... stop it.

No. Jake knows reality.

When we all talk behind the scenes, we agree the Pels should sell but all those guys also talk to connected people and we are all aware of what brass is doing and talking and unfortunately they are looking at buying options. So unlike me, Jake is smart and he doesnt waste his time talking about what SHOULD happen. But rather he tells you guys what likely will happen
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    No. Jake knows reality.

When we all talk behind the scenes, we agree the Pels should sell but all those guys also talk to connected people and we are all aware of what brass is doing and talking and unfortunately they are looking at buying options. So unlike me, Jake is smart and he doesnt waste his time talking about what SHOULD happen. But rather he tells you guys what likely will happen
    So, it sounds like we will make a trade in desperation (which usually does not end well). Is Conley the most likely target? Would you prefer Conley or Porter?

Probably Porter or Ross somebody like that which would be an upgrade but probably not push the needle all that much

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So, it sounds like we will make a trade in desperation (which usually does not end well). Is Conley the most likely target? Would you prefer Conley or Porter?
    Both trades I would as an F but give me Conley because we will get wings back in the AD trade

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Both trades I would as an F but give me Conley because we will get wings back in the AD trade
    Regardless of what we think the team SHOULD do, do you think Demps and co. are going to try to go all in with AD next year? I assume if they're still buyers for this deadline it's not with this season in mind.

Having said that, I assume that management is planning on making a trade with the intent of trying to keep AD (otherwise, why would they make a trade at this point). So, would they go for the guy that is closer to a borderline star in Conley over Porter simply for that reason? It would seem that if they had any expectations of AD staying, Porter would be the better fit. I agree with you though, that I would not make either. It does not appear that Beal is a realistic option.

Can I turn this onto AD for a sec?

Does he think Dell can swing 1 move to change the course of this franchise?

Is AD just being too loyal to New Orleans or is he lying to himself and the club?

He hasn't requested a trade yet but seriously, why hasn't he? Playoffs are dead this season and he wants to win

It's like everyone is stuck in the middle of this weird stalemate where AD won't make a decision and no one can move forwards
    Last edited by AusPel; 01-25-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Can I turn this onto AD for a sec?

Does he think Dell can swing 1 move to change the course of this franchise?

Is AD just being too loyal to New Orleans or is he lying to himself and the club?

He hasn't requested a trade yet but seriously, why hasn't he?
    Last year I think he sincerely believed he and DeMarcus could win a NBA championship together or at least come real close. Sometimes the way players view their own teams is not aligned with the franchise. He might have more faith in the roster than we do for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Last year I think he sincerely believed he and DeMarcus could win a NBA championship together or at least come real close. Sometimes the way players view their own teams is not aligned with the franchise. He might have more faith in the roster than we do for all we know.
    We all did when we signed Rondo and Cousins. The investment was huge

The appalling defence this year has to be due to something

We all did when we signed Rondo and Cousins. The investment was huge

The appalling defence this year has to be due to something
    We did? I'm not so sure how true that is, at least from the majority of fans' perspectives. I think most expected us to have very good chances to make the playoffs but nowhere close to being a threat to Houston. There was always a question of fit between Cousins, Davis and Rondo given the lack of 3pt shooting in the lineup. And it's not like we knew Rondo would play as well as he ended up playing - last year was a bit of a resurgence for him. He was signed to a pretty small contract after all.

The point being - we don't know what Davis is really thinking and for all we know a trade for Conley could convince him that his team is good enough to contend - not that I agree but my (or any of ours') opinion doesn't count here. It's all about AD.

Thread Information