Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: January 24th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Oklahoma City Thunder - 22-26

Pelicans January 24th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Oklahoma City Thunder - 22-26

After a frankly boring loss at Detroit, we move onto the road again to face OKC, this time without AD, Mirotic, or Moore. So that'll be a loss then.

OKC are 29-18 coming into tonight, and possess the league's 16th best offense, but the 4th best defense. They've won three straight, and have won two of those three with ease. Russell Westbrook is doing that thing he does where he averages a triple double but it doesn't mean anything because he shoots 24% from three, steals rebounds from his team-mates, and assist hunts. The one who is really propelling OKC to victories this season is Paul George, who is averaging a career best 27ppg and shooting 39% from three (including something like 45% on catch and shoot threes). Combine that with his high level of defense this season, and it's evident who the head of that snake is. Unfortunately, due to missing basically 60 points per game out of our lineup tonight, we won't have any real chance to capitalise on that.

It's hard to say what we would need to do to win. Jrue would need to go off, Randle would need to go off, Okafor would need to really cut Adams off from offensive boards, the bench would have to be clicking on all cylinders, Payton would need to play with confidence again, and everyone would need to really focus on defense. That's a lot of requirements. Obviously it is POSSIBLE that those things will happen and we'll win, but it's a very long shot. For me, I'm expecting a loss, and a pretty crushing one. I'd love us to win, but it's difficult to see how we could make it happen given everything.

After that cheerful note, I did have a pretty nice bowl of pasta earlier, so that's nice.

#DoItBig
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Randle would need to go off,
    Unfortunately, Randle is simply off.

https://twitter.com/dsallerson/statu...87726146932737

Trades are incoming. Good chance to see the youngins tonight.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Trades are incoming. Good chance to see the youngins tonight.

well tonight may tell something with rotations and playing time..

Quote Originally Posted by interrobang View Post
    Unfortunately, Randle is simply off.

https://twitter.com/dsallerson/statu...87726146932737
    beautiful

Looking at the list of available players makes me think at some point Gentry is gonna roll out a lineup with Frazier, Clark, and Jackson at some point. Possibly with Diallo as well..

Woah boy.

OKC defensive scheme so far seems to be to have T Ferguson jump on whoever is holding the ball. Like, on top of them.

Also love Joel trying to excuse Westbrook's awful awful shooting. ''It's... it's been down recently.''

Time to empty the bench and see what we have for the next few years. Give these youngsters some playing time Alvin.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Time to empty the bench and see what we have for the next few years. Give these youngsters some playing time Alvin.
    He literally has to!

Basketball Guru
    okafor has to learn how to block out and focus on getting the rebound all together lol.....team is showing heart....

They lasted a lot longer than I thought missing as many as we are. Wonder if they can keep this competitive.

Jrue almost always starts a few seconds too late on those end of the quarter possessions. That one had enough time. But does it seem like we always miss those or is that just me?

It's not you

What's happening is sad for the season....slowly watching yjr descent into the black hole....but it's cool for the young prospects. Some dumb mistakes and missed easy baskets getting improved and we would be in this. Missing all that we are.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    It's not you
    Lol. Yeah. And it's not even close. It's almost always facepalm enduring. This team has no one that can take over. That person that when they have the ball you know they can make a play.

This is that part where they get my hopes up.

I know this feeling.

Frank taking over

Can’t wait till we get a legit SF on this team

Remember when Noel turned down 4 years/70 mil? What a dumbass

I get this current roster getting out skilled and outplayed. I expect that. They should never be outhustled. I am on favor of cleaning out the coaching staff and it is mainly because we just lack any passion and energy. So lackluster.

Oi.

Here they go with my hopes, again.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Can’t wait till we get a legit SF on this team
    Darius 21/7/2

We've found it!

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Oi.

Here they go with my hopes, again.
    All aboard team competitive losses

Not sure why you'd have Jackson in over Payton as well as Payton was playing.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyTees View Post
    Not sure why you'd have Jackson in over Payton as well as Payton was playing.
    Gentry hates Payton down the stretch

Thread Information