Pelicans Report

Thread: James Harden’s unbelievable streak

James Harden’s unbelievable streak

People are talking about how great James Harden has been at scoring, but you won’t catch me being giddy about it.

It’s wild, he can shoot, but the guy is known for getting to the charity stripe by any means necessary, and the refs buy his crap. In January alone he has averaged 14.4 free throw attempts a game (converting on 12.9 of them). From the 3 he is connecting on 6 out of 17.3 a game.

The guy is a shooting guard, and shooters shoot, but the guy is putting up points on an injured team where someone needs to score, and the refs are more than happy to help him in that effort.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I don't care for Harden, KD or Westbrick

Give me Steph all day

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    People are talking about how great James Harden has been at scoring, but you won’t catch me being giddy about it.

It’s wild, he can shoot, but the guy is known for getting to the charity stripe by any means necessary, and the refs buy his crap. In January alone he has averaged 14.4 free throw attempts a game (converting on 12.9 of them). From the 3 he is connecting on 6 out of 17.3 a game.

The guy is a shooting guard, and shooters shoot, but the guy is putting up points on an injured team where someone needs to score, and the refs are more than happy to help him in that effort.
    I think in one of the games he scored over 40, not one of his buckets was assisted. So, he is basically trying to be a one-man team.

1. James Harden would lead the league in scoring if free throws didnt count.
    2. James Harden would lead the league in scoring if all 3's counted as 2's

I think thats enough...

He has to put up with CP3’s crap too.

Personally, I think the league should just announce the MVP at the beginning of the year, so we all know what sort of rules certain players will be dealing with in comparison to other players, and move on.

If they announced, a week before game one, that this year's MVP will be James Harden, and he will therefore be allowed to carry and travel as much as he likes, and will receive 15 free throws a game regardless of anything else, then we could just ignore that and watch the games without being annoyed by it. Hell, start every game he's involved with by just putting Houston up 15-0 at tip off, to save us even having to watch the FTs.

For all Golden State have made the overall narrative of a season boring by being ridiculously over stacked to the point of it looking like some 12 year Old's MyCareer, no basketball player I've ever seen has been as singularly boring and depressing to watch as James Harden.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Personally, I think the league should just announce the MVP at the beginning of the year, so we all know what sort of rules certain players will be dealing with in comparison to other players, and move on.

If they announced, a week before game one, that this year's MVP will be James Harden, and he will therefore be allowed to carry and travel as much as he likes, and will receive 15 free throws a game regardless of anything else, then we could just ignore that and watch the games without being annoyed by it. Hell, start every game he's involved with by just putting Houston up 15-0 at tip off, to save us even having to watch the FTs.

For all Golden State have made the overall narrative of a season boring by being ridiculously over stacked to the point of it looking like some 12 year Old's MyCareer, no basketball player I've ever seen has been as singularly boring and depressing to watch as James Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think in one of the games he scored over 40, not one of his buckets was assisted. So, he is basically trying to be a one-man team.
    Reddit had a thread said he has made over 260 straight points with out being assisted on...
    Last edited by Cheaney; 01-26-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

Thread Information