Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: January 21st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 21-25

Pelicans January 21st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 21-25

Happy MLK Day to all the American people, hope you're having a good one.

Sorry to all the people who watch the NFL, I heard some awful reffing cost the Saints the game but I do not watch that league due to immense boringness, so I can't say.

Now that those things are covered, we have a game tonight against the Memphis Grizzlies. We are on the road still, and have dropped two consecutive games. One was excusable (Golden State), the other was very much not (Portland), and now AD has sprained his finger and is listed as out for tonight. So that's a lot of great news for fans of New Orleans sports recently, I guess.

We've played Memphis already several times this season, we know what they're like, I'm not going to list all their stats and stuff, or their key players, because we know. The last time we played them wasn't even long ago, so we know. They suck. So do we right now. So it's an even game, at least in that regard.

This is a game that I still feel is winnable, despite AD being out, if Jrue, Randle, and Niko all play up to their ability, but unfortunately we've been seeing a lot of Pels players not do that recently, so I couldn't bet on anything. I hope we get a win, so that's what I'll be crossing my fingers for, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we didn't get it.

Let's just all collectively cross our fingers, I guess, and hope for the best. Let's go and #DoItBig
    Basketball.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Am I the only one that is so hurt by the Saints robbery that watching a Pels half-hearted effort will completely obliterate my love for sports? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Am I the only one that is so hurt by the Saints robbery that watching a Pels half-hearted effort will completely obliterate my love for sports? Just wondering.
    Yes! Welcome new fans. Thank God for Pels basketball!

Basketball Guru
    the pelcans will play good as a team and get the win....there will be no pressure with trying to feed AD the ball and the role players will shine...

I don't get why anybody would be rooting for a win here. Playoffs are a pipe dream about to get obliterated without AD for these next 5-10 games.

What you SHOULD want is as many losses as possible to prevent this front office from thinking that buying at the trade deadline is an answer.

This team needs to lose 6 of its next 7 and become sellers. For the good of the franchise long term, we should all be rooting for losses right now.
    @mcnamara247

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I don't get why anybody would be rooting for a win here. Playoffs are a pipe dream about to get obliterated without AD for these next 5-10 games.

What you SHOULD want is as many losses as possible to prevent this front office from thinking that buying at the trade deadline is an answer.

This team needs to lose 6 of its next 7 and become sellers. For the good of the franchise long term, we should all be rooting for losses right now.

yeah but you have to sell the players on loosing and i dont think they are in that mind frame right now.....the next 3 games will tell me how gentry play his rotations on if the team is tanking....

defense is about effort so i think we can turn it around but i dont see how this team can just loose when we are 3rd or 4th in scoring offense...so all i have to go by is gentry rotations with who he plays.....

plus im in the camp of trade AD to the lakers next season for the 5 young players playing for them now so im a fan that want to see us push for the playoffs this season....hey,call me crazy because i dont mine being the 8th seed because AD trade should bring us some good players to add with jrue and hopefully niko next season...

This team loses when they try to win. Now, AD is out.

All you gotta do is play Jrue a little less (which they should do anyway), and give Randle the green light to do whatever he wants. Voila - the losses will pile up!

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    yeah but you have to sell the players on loosing and i dont think they are in that mind frame right now.....the next 3 games will tell me how gentry play his rotations on if the team is tanking....

defense is about effort so i think we can turn it around but i dont see how this team can just loose when we are 3rd or 4th in scoring offense...so all i have to go by is gentry rotations with who he plays.....

plus im in the camp of trade AD to the lakers next season for the 5 young players playing for them now so im a fan that want to see us push for the playoffs this season....hey,call me crazy because i dont mine being the 8th seed because AD trade should bring us some good players to add with jrue and hopefully niko next season...

Of all the offers the Pels will get for AD, the Lakers should be low in the list. I'd still go with the Celtics offer as long as it has Tatum and a pick in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa Brazil View Post
    Of all the offers the Pels will get for AD, the Lakers should be low in the list. I'd still go with the Celtics offer as long as it has Tatum and a pick in it.
    this the only player I'd want from that young core is kuzma. give me the 76ers or the celtics offers

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru

All you gotta do is play Jrue a little less (which they should do anyway), and give Randle the green light to do whatever he wants. Voila - the losses will pile up!
    lmao

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar

I wanted the Pels to get rid of Randle as soon as he was signed. He ball stops at a ridiculous rate and takes touches from AD and Jrue. I know he isn’t a guard but he reminds me of the Pels version of Jamal Crawford. As soon as he touches the ball the other team knows he is forcing a shot. On occasion, he makes the right pass.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa Brazil View Post

man yall can have boston and tatum and picks...

if the pels can get this team at the end of 19 going into 2020, i would be a happy man...

payton.....ball
    jrue.........jackson.....hart
    ingram......player......miller
    kuzma.......niko
    zubac........player......okafor

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    man yall can have boston and tatum and picks...

if the pels can get this team at the end of 19 going into 2020, i would be a happy man...

payton.....ball
    jrue.........jackson.....hart
    ingram......player......miller
    kuzma.......niko
    zubac........player......okafor
    Behind Jrue, 'player' is my favorite guy on that depth chart

Basketball Guru

you dont like kuzma?...or you dont think we can get him for AD?..

zubac is a young big that can start or backup and add depth....
    Last edited by 6warddude; 01-21-2019 at 04:18 PM.

he fits your requirements of being able to play multiple positions

I would not even consider talking to any Los Angeles team right now.

Confirmed lineups for this game.

New Orleans Pelicans

PG: Payton
    SG: Holiday
    SF: Moore
    PF: Randle
    C: Okafor

Memphis Grizzlies

PG: Conley
    SG: Temple
    SF: Holiday
    PF: Jackson
    C: Gasol
    Last edited by billfromfinance; 01-21-2019 at 04:46 PM. Reason: memphis now confirmed

haha wow this Memphis dudes hairdo, solid effort put into that thing. Looking like a dark hair johnny bravo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	johnny_bravo.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	6379

classic Darius. turnover (that's bad), blocks gasol (that's good), tried to save the ball going out of bounds but fails to leave the earth long enough to not land on the ground while touching the ball (thats bad).

Imagine being a guy who hasn't played a minute, earning up to 12 mill, and checking the box score and having almost the same stats as Darius Miller has in 10 minutes play time.

Me too. The ability to play sf and C. Special talent

Okafor needs to remain in the starting lineup when AD returns.

Basketball Guru
    man jrue can get to the rim at will.....next game he will settle for long 3s and drive me crazy...

of course wed be winning this game by 20 with out ad

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Jahlil having a great time

Thread Information