Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: January 16th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - 21-23

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    You pulled that from the 3rd quarter.

Go home troll.
    The third quarter? The game was over. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    The coaching has been a big issue. It sucks how bad this team is underachieving. This game was over as soon as Ian Clark came in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    why did he put Ian Clarke in? I jist watched the game and I'm so confused as to why he did that

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    defense,,,coaching,,,,green coming alive against us smh,,,,getting out hustle for those 6 offensive rebounds that lead to 9 GS points,,,coaching,,,defense...

if we play some defense, we beat alot of these teams...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    defense,,,coaching,,,,green coming alive against us smh,,,,getting out hustle for those 6 offensive rebounds that lead to 9 GS points,,,coaching,,,defense...

if we play some defense, we beat alot of these teams...
    I just really want to see this roster play with a complete coach. I think it will go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    As the 12 seed?
    I should have qualified my statement, we are getting close when healthy.

Should have taken advantage of how poorly Golden State started the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Should have taken advantage of how poorly Golden State started the game.
    I mean... we did. We got up to a 17 point lead. Twice. We were up almost 17 points again when Curry hit 5 threes in 3 minutes. That's the curse of playing Golden State: even if you DO take advantage, and do almost everything perfectly (which we did for the first 34 minutes of the game, basically) you're still at risk of losing because any one of their flamethrower players can just explode.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean... we did. We got up to a 17 point lead. Twice. We were up almost 17 points again when Curry hit 5 threes in 3 minutes. That's the curse of playing Golden State: even if you DO take advantage, and do almost everything perfectly (which we did for the first 34 minutes of the game, basically) you're still at risk of losing because any one of their flamethrower players can just explode.
    Blowing a 17 point lead in a few minutes is not taking advantage

Blowing a 17 point lead in a few minutes is not taking advantage
    Well, you tell me how to stop Curry hitting contested fall away 28 footers, and I'll concede the point. You might wanna sell that secret to the 29 head coaches in the league who haven't figured it out yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Well, you tell me how to stop Curry hitting contested fall away 28 footers, and I'll concede the point. You might wanna sell that secret to the 29 head coaches in the league who haven't figured it out yet either.
    There comes a point where you have to manage the game. We consistently go on droughts and allow the crowd to get back into the game. More often than not, poor shot selection or a turnover led to their scoring possessions.

There comes a point where you have to manage the game. We consistently go on droughts and allow the crowd to get back into the game. More often than not, poor shot selection or a turnover led to their scoring possessions.
    Yes, but that wasn't the case last game. We only had 10 turnovers. We shot efficiently. Most of our shots were good, and of the ones that weren't, we often didn't let it impact the next possession. We went on a drought, so did Golden State. It's the nature of the game. The difference is that they have 3 allstars and we don't.

Steph Curry shoots 7/14 instead of 9/14 last game, and the refs call that kicked ball, we win. It sucks that we lost, but it wasn't our fault. For once.

Did you watch the game? There are some things that no matter how well you play, you cannot avoid. It is not like they were playing Memphis. There is no shooter in the NBA, maybe ever, that can shoot like Curry. When he gets hot, not matter how well you try to manage the game, he will get his 3 pointers. Unless you expect the team to match him shot for shot, there is not a way to beat that.

Getting rid of Erman should be an option. I agree with SVG. Our Defense is crud. Focus on a better defense and we dramatically improve! We beat GS if we play defense.

Exactly!

Thread Information