Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: January 16th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - 21-23

Gentry has a strange habit of going away from lineups in the 4th quarter that worked for him throughout the game.

Seriously though, does anyone know why Gentry is just resolutely refusing to play Elfrid in the 4th now?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Seriously though, does anyone know why Gentry is just resolutely refusing to play Elfrid in the 4th now?
    My guess is if he was asked he would say for spacing reasons. Which seems like BS to me.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    This is the worst coach I have ever seen. He is coaching his players to allow the other teams to come back. He is an absolute atrocious coach. How do you allow your team to give up 2, 16 point or greater leads?! No player in the league can help this guy manage a rotation or make adjustments. “Don’t worry guys. It’s going to be an up and down game.” Just expecting to get out coached every single night.

Maybe, and this is just a guess, they play a bit harder in the 4th and he's just not ready go all out, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Maybe, and this is just a guess, they play a bit harder in the 4th and he's just not ready go all out, yet.
    As someone who has watched the fourth quarters, and indeed all the quarters, of all these games, I can say definitively that we do not play harder in the 4th.

Review this game in one word - #Pelslife

Are you kidding?! A bit harder? These guys are the worst 4th quarter team in the league in crunch time. Outhustled consistently.
    If you mean the opponent then you are right

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Great half, lets see if we can continue it in the second. Might need to score 150 to win
    Close

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Are you kidding?! A bit harder? These guys are the worst 4th quarter team in the league in crunch time. Outhustled consistently.
    If you mean the opponent then you are right
    Supposed to.

Don't read much?

My last four posts have been about how we're not clutch.

Go home, MM.

If we played like this all the time we'd be in at least 4th place.
    No we wouldn’t. We gave up 147 points and refused to rebound in the 4th.

147 to the best offensive team in the NBA. And also scored 140 on them. Get a few of those missed rebounds we win this. I don't think they should hang their heads on this loss. We could have won but gave it away to the defending champs. No shame in that.
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

Basketball Guru
    6 offensive rebounds in the 4th that lead to 9pts for GS that put them in control of the game......

green making 3s and it would be against us lol..

offense score 140....defense gave up 147.....

its the defense thats keeping us from being a top 4 seed right now....so who do you blame?..coaches or players?...AD and jrue are top defensive players....moore play good defense...the blame has to go somewhere and those people need to be held accountable ...

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    If the Pelicans team that played tonight played like that every night they could beat every team in the nba in a 7 game series, except for the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheaney View Post
    147 to the best offensive team in the NBA. And also scored 140 on them. Get a few of those missed rebounds we win this. I don't think they should hang their heads on this loss. We could have won but gave it away to the defending champs. No shame in that.
    This. Not mad or upset. Lost, but we played in a way that was encouraging. The first three quarters had everybody engaged, on both ends of the floor. Yes the warrior scored a lot, but they are the warriors, so they will always score against almost anyone. We did absolutely fine, it's just that we're not deep, so we gave it away at the end because everyone was exhausted. We play that way against Portland, or against Utah, or against Indiana, or against anyone else in our remaining road games, and we blow them out. It just so happens to be that the warriors are arguably the best team that's ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheaney View Post
    #Pelslife

How many seasons are going to go by with these moral victories? No way should they have lost this game. No excuses

No we wouldn’t. We gave up 147 points and refused to rebound in the 4th.
    You pulled that from the 3rd quarter.

Go home troll.

How many seasons are going to go by with these moral victories? No way should they have lost this game. No excuses
    Oh come off it. There are games to be upset and games not to be. I was upset when we lost to Brooklyn for no good reason. This loss is a lot easier to digest. I'll let you guess why.

Oh come off it. There are games to be upset and games not to be. I was upset when we lost to Brooklyn for no good reason. This loss is a lot easier to digest. I'll let you guess why.
    And that's the difference between elite teams and the Pelicans. They settle for moral victories. No way you give up 2 16 pt leads that quickly. I mean for FFS Gentry was a coach on GSW and he should know before Curry's 2nd consecutive 3 to call a time out or something to stop the flow.

I want him gone.

This. Not mad or upset. Lost, but we played in a way that was encouraging. The first three quarters had everybody engaged, on both ends of the floor. Yes the warrior scored a lot, but they are the warriors, so they will always score against almost anyone. We did absolutely fine, it's just that we're not deep, so we gave it away at the end because everyone was exhausted. We play that way against Portland, or against Utah, or against Indiana, or against anyone else in our remaining road games, and we blow them out. It just so happens to be that the warriors are arguably the best team that's ever played.
    The Warriors are a darn cheat code.

Are all of you so upset because

A) we lost
    B) we lost on the road
    C) we lost on the road to the best team in the NBA
    D) we lost on the road to the best team in the NBA while scoring 140 points?

Me thinks no other team in the NBA would have been as close if the Warriors play that exact same game against any other team.

They are a measuring stick and we are getting closer.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Are all of you so upset because

A) we lost
    B) we lost on the road
    C) we lost on the road to the best team in the NBA
    D) we lost on the road to the best team in the NBA while scoring 140 points?

Me thinks no other team in the NBA would have been as close if the Warriors play that exact same game against any other team.

They are a measuring stick and we are getting closer.
    As the 12 seed?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    And that's the difference between elite teams and the Pelicans. They settle for moral victories. No way you give up 2 16 pt leads that quickly. I mean for FFS Gentry was a coach on GSW and he should know before Curry's 2nd consecutive 3 to call a time out or something to stop the flow.

I want him gone.
    100% my thoughts.

The coaching has been a big issue. It sucks how bad this team is underachieving. This game was over as soon as Ian Clark came in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Thread Information