Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Pelicans & NBA Trade Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post

How can they send them together in a deal? I don't think Cleveland is under the cap, so wouldn't the rules apply that they cannot be combined in a trade for a couple of months?

Could the fact that Washington dumped Porter be a sign that they are blowing it up? If so, maybe the Lakers can get Beal from them to send to us in a deal by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Could the fact that Washington dumped Porter be a sign that they are blowing it up? If so, maybe the Lakers can get Beal from them to send to us in a deal by tomorrow.
    No Porter, no one to remotely help Beal win games for Washington

If the Lakers send their firsts to Washington, take back another bad Washington salary, is that enough to get us Beal plus the Lakers players

Basketball.

AD to Clippers in Offseason for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Landry Shamet, Montrezl Harrell, 2019 Clippers 1st round pick (since they'll miss playoffs), 2020 Sixers 1st round, 2021 Heat first round. Thoughts?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    AD to Clippers in Offseason for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Landry Shamet, Montrezl Harrell, 2019 Clippers 1st round pick (since they'll miss playoffs), 2020 Sixers 1st round, 2021 Heat first round. Thoughts?
    Not bad. But even if they miss the playoffs, they're most likely to pick 13th or 14th. If they land top 3 in lottery, it looks better. I'd want a 4th 1st rounder still.

This actually hurts Boston's potential offer, because it not only increases the odds the Kings pick isn't even in the lottery, it decreases the odds the Clippers pick conveys at all.

Not that enticing in my opinion. Where is the potential future star? Just a bunch of pretty good players.

The Mavs have a game tonight, and Harrison Barnes has played 26 minutes tonight, and, oh yeah he was just traded to the Kings.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Not that enticing in my opinion. Where is the potential future star? Just a bunch of pretty good players.
    Just depends on how you view Alexander, I think he can be a star

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The Mavs have a game tonight, and Harrison Barnes has played 26 minutes tonight, and, oh yeah he was just traded to the Kings.
    Hrrrrrng.

Had AD not gone this route and we got healthy and pulled off a trade for Barnes........ah well......onward. No looking back.

Just depends on how you view Alexander, I think he can be a star
    Really? I do not see him as anything more than average to above average player. He is rail thin.

Really? I do not see him as anything more than average to above average player. He is rail thin.
    So is Durant. And SGA is like 19 or 20 anyway

A lot of times length is more important than weight in the NBA. Especially for guards. And SGA is long as hell

I'm a huge SGA fan. I don't think he ever reaches 1st Team All NBA caliber, but the kid can ball and he's a perfect point guard next to Jrue. With the perpetual caveat for young players that he needs to improve his shot (his form is good though).

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    So is Durant. And SGA is like 19 or 20 anyway

A lot of times length is more important than weight in the NBA. Especially for guards. And SGA is long as hell
    Yeah, but Durant has other elite qualities. I do not see that in SGA.

Marc Gasol headed to Toronto.

Per Bobby Marks (ESPN) Justin Holiday will be available via buyout from Memphis. Not that we should be in the buying market but that would be cool to get him as we need wings.

Shams Charania: The Clippers are waiving center Marcin Gortat, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @WatchStadium.
    Marcin come to New Orleans lol

Adrian Wojnarowski: Toronto is planning to send Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Miles and a 2024 second-round pick to the the Grizzlies for Gasol, league sources tell ESPN.

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Clippers are trading Mike Muscala to the Lakers for Michael Beasley and Ivica Zubac, league sources tell ESPN. – via Twitter wojespn
    Zubac is on the move, deal with Lakers is over lol

Thread Information