Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Pelicans & NBA Trade Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Neither one of us thinks Dallas would do the trade anyway. You're just arguing over semantics.
    I'm not arguing. I'm trying to educate lurkers. You might know it will not happen. So then it is your obligation to squash the idea. Because what happens is lurkers come on randomly and see you guys talking about the Dallas idea and then start to think it's a live option. Then, they talk to their buddies about it, who talk to their co-workers, and before you know it there are a collection of people who think that something that will never happen is possible.

I'd rather just tell everyone it's impossible and redirect the conversation to actual, live options
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I'm not arguing. I'm trying to educate lurkers. You might know it will not happen. So then it is your obligation to squash the idea. Because what happens is lurkers come on randomly and see you guys talking about the Dallas idea and then start to think it's a live option. Then, they talk to their buddies about it, who talk to their co-workers, and before you know it there are a collection of people who think that something that will never happen is possible.

I'd rather just tell everyone it's impossible and redirect the conversation to actual, live options
    Why do you feel anyone has an obligation to do anything? I have no obligation to you or anyone else. I honestly don't care what conversations you'd rather have.

I feel it's pretty pathetic to not even be a fan of a team and yet spend so much time talking about them. Yet my opinion doesn't stop you from posting whatever you want here or writing articles. Why do you think your opinion should matter to me? Move on if you don't feel the conversation is worthwhile.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 01-18-2019 at 12:32 PM.

You said I was "arguing" -- I simply said I was informing lurkers.

And you don't HAVE to do anything. But I have seen what happens when people just talk freely about impossibilities. Others think its serious and then come and bother me or another BSS guy. I don't have to deal with it as much any more. But when I had 5,000+ followers, before I took on the jerk persona, people would bother me all the time. No exaggeration, I would get 100+ questions a day via Twitter. And 90+ were beyond stupid. And they stem from people not shutting down bad or impossible ideas right from the start.

So, no - you don't have to do anything. But because of my life experience, I try to shut that stuff down and my wish is others would do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You said I was "arguing" -- I simply said I was informing lurkers.

And you don't HAVE to do anything. But I have seen what happens when people just talk freely about impossibilities. Others think its serious and then come and bother me or another BSS guy. I don't have to deal with it as much any more. But when I had 5,000+ followers, before I took on the jerk persona, people would bother me all the time. No exaggeration, I would get 100+ questions a day via Twitter. And 90+ were beyond stupid. And they stem from people not shutting down bad or impossible ideas right from the start.

So, no - you don't have to do anything. But because of my life experience, I try to shut that stuff down and my wish is others would do the same.
    If you are going to take issue with what I say then at least comprehend what I'm saying first. I didn't say you were just blanket arguing with me, I said you were "arguing semantics" because your first quote took issue with me saying Dallas "probably doesn't" instead of using some more definitive term that'd be more to your liking.

You know it's very easy to avoid having to answer a bunch of stupid questions, don't make yourself available. The problem is you're addicted to making yourself feel superior to others so everytime you run away you always come crawling back.

I have not made this personal at all with you, but you are trying to bait me. Won't work. I am simply stating that I will squash unrealistic things and I would hope other smart posters do the same. Sorry if that bothers you. Have a good day and try not to judge or assume things about people you have never met in the future. Thats my advice, but again, you are under no obligation to take it

Rich Paul says no trade is happening. We can all move on now.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    Rich Paul says no trade is happening. We can all move on now.
    lol

Basketball Guru
    all i want is for feb 7th to hurry and get here so all of this AD trade talk can stop and the focus be on this season team as a whole because AD is not going to be traded this season.....

I hope frazier,,,hill,,diallo,,johnson,,,clark are in some kind of trade to bring back a good backup PG and a combo SG/SF that gentry will play in the rotation for depth and roll with this team into the playoffs....

Starter
    I don't know the rules but can any team sign a player off a G-League team if they are unaffiliated? Former Tulane G/F Cam Reynolds is tearing it up and would be a nice experimental swing player. Thoughts?

Why do you feel anyone has an obligation to do anything? I have no obligation to you or anyone else. I honestly don't care what conversations you'd rather have.

I feel it's pretty pathetic to not even be a fan of a team and yet spend so much time talking about them. Yet my opinion doesn't stop you from posting whatever you want here or writing articles. Why do you think your opinion should matter to me? Move on if you don't feel the conversation is worthwhile.
    Damn bro that’s kind of harsh
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Sorry, but MM wasn't out of line. Maybe he could have taken Mythrols Jordan/Mathews as the joke it was, but he wasn't being argumentative. He's being pretty matter of fact, which has value on this board.

Harrison Barnes, Luka, and Dennis Smith Jr for AD.
    Hmmm, wink wink nod nod with AD, he goes play in Dallas for 2019-20 season, we tank a year and get a high pick with no salary on the books outside of Jrue and Luka for the 2020-21 season..

AD opts out and comes back to NOLA with a core of Jrue, AD, Luka and we still have enough cap space to sign another max player

Its foolproof

Harrison Barnes, Luka, and Dennis Smith Jr for AD.
    Damian Lillard and Al-Farouq Aminu for Anthony Davis and Solomon Hill.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post

portland trying to give aminu away.....if we could do a davis for lillard trade,ill do it....to me it would be easy to build around lillard than davis and we would have that guard that can take over games just like the teams thats won titles in the last 10 years...

so for those non twitter users, MM has a new article out:

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...trades-trades/

the anti-MM crew can sit this play out.

make sure to read the whole thing for context, looking at the big picture.

My immediate thoughts on each:

Trade 1 - it doesn't wow you, but gives you a solid group to push forward this year while also adding prospects to grow in the system. Lin will easily fit, and gives us that extra ball handler we really need. I think this option will probably be the preference for those thinking AD is already out the door. it gives us young prospects should he go.

Trade 2 - keeps our 2019 first, gives us a solid 3 for the first time in how long, and also gives us the wiley DJ augustin. cannot complain, but somehow in the back of my mind I just feel im cooling on barnes. maybe its just comparing what he gives when compared to conley. but the ability to have that wing who fits alongside AD for the same timeline is a big plus.

Trade 3 - I know Conley has already been discussed in this thread and most don't want to go there, but the more I think about it the more it appeals. Not the salary, not the injuries, but the idea of having an intelligent player on this team who can lead the pack, run half court, feed AD the ball without turning it over, shoot the 3 well, and play defense. While it certainly appeals, I also think if this was your path you would need to be bringing a stronger game plan for years 2-5 as the age factor is a big player.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post
    My issue is Lillard is only locked up an extra year over AD's current contract. I'd look to see what other teams offered first, but I think a backcourt of Lillard and Jrue could do a lot of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    so for those non twitter users, MM has a new article out:

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...trades-trades/

the anti-MM crew can sit this play out.

make sure to read the whole thing for context, looking at the big picture.

My immediate thoughts on each:

Trade 1 - it doesn't wow you, but gives you a solid group to push forward this year while also adding prospects to grow in the system. Lin will easily fit, and gives us that extra ball handler we really need. I think this option will probably be the preference for those thinking AD is already out the door. it gives us young prospects should he go.

Trade 2 - keeps our 2019 first, gives us a solid 3 for the first time in how long, and also gives us the wiley DJ augustin. cannot complain, but somehow in the back of my mind I just feel im cooling on barnes. maybe its just comparing what he gives when compared to conley. but the ability to have that wing who fits alongside AD for the same timeline is a big plus.

Trade 3 - I know Conley has already been discussed in this thread and most don't want to go there, but the more I think about it the more it appeals. Not the salary, not the injuries, but the idea of having an intelligent player on this team who can lead the pack, run half court, feed AD the ball without turning it over, shoot the 3 well, and play defense. While it certainly appeals, I also think if this was your path you would need to be bringing a stronger game plan for years 2-5 as the age factor is a big player.
    trade 1: Meh. Further mediocrity...

Trade 2: nice trade, but Dallas won’t do this.

Trade 3: Horrible. Conley= no chance at keeping AD. Max contract for an above average, injury-prone, aging PG, why?

Lol Mythrol pot meet kettle

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Pels lose 6 out of next 9
    AD isn’t named an All Star starter
    AD sulks and demands a trade.

Trade AD to the 76ers for Ben Simmons, Fultz, Zhaire, Miami 1st, and Wilson Chandler before the deadline.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Pels lose 6 out of next 9
    AD isn’t named an All Star starter
    AD sulks and demands a trade.

Trade AD to the 76ers for Ben Simmons, Fultz, Zhaire, Miami 1st, and Wilson Chandler before the deadline.
    Blow this team up

I was thinking of literally a similar trade. Then trade Randle , Johnson Clark and Diallo to Indy for Young and OQuinn.

Finish it with Solo and Frazier going to Portland for Leonard

Simmons/Payton/Fultz
    Holiday/Smith/Jackson
    Chandler/Moore/miller
    Mirotic/Young/O'Quinn
    Okafor/Leonard

Yeah this may not make sense and this team will struggle to score and we may need some draft picks to have a sustainable team going forward and we have glut of guards but hey....yeah I don't know where I was going with any of this.....just blow the team up

Dell Demps should not be allowed to touch this team. Why saddle the next GM with bad contracts and no draft picks?

Openly go into tank mode and dive south as quick as possible. Sit AD for the rest of the season - mysterious hand injury. Make a run at Calipari - not some re-tread. I mean the Celtics hired a coach from Butler!!!! Let him go after his former players. Pay the luxury tax. Play some defense. Pack the Smoothie King Center - or whatever they will call it next season. Advance to Conference Finals in 2020.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Dell Demps should not be allowed to touch this team. Why saddle the next GM with bad contracts and no draft picks?

Openly go into tank mode and dive south as quick as possible. Sit AD for the rest of the season - mysterious hand injury. Make a run at Calipari - not some re-tread. I mean the Celtics hired a coach from Butler!!!! Let him go after his former players. Pay the luxury tax. Play some defense. Pack the Smoothie King Center - or whatever they will call it next season. Advance to Conference Finals in 2020.
    That would require decision making by someone who cares about the success of the Pelicans and is willing to financially do something about it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Wizards get Fultz, Zhaire, Chandler, miami Pick, Pels pick.
    76ers get AD
    Pels get Simmons and Beal

Jrue, Beal, Simmons, and Niko are your new core - they can defend and shoot - and everyone else is off the books going into 2020.

Where do I sign my contract to be the next GM?

Thread Information