Pelicans Report

Thread: Just a thought on AD and his comment about legacy over money

Just a thought on AD and his comment about legacy over money

Since non of us actually know what AD is thinking it occurred to me that AD's comment about legacy over money might be the opposite of the way most people have taken it. The media and most people thought that his comment was about the supermax but in reality it is generally accepted that he could make up that money plus more if he went to a large market like LA or New York. So that leads me to think there's a possibility his comment was actually meant to reflect that he would prefer to stay put. The caveat is does he feel like he can win here?

How I would love for this season to play out would be to finish the season strong, make the playoffs, and knock the Lakers out. Kind of like I hope Dallas makes their way to the dome for the NFC championship.

Then AD signs the new deal over the summer and all of this speculation gets put to bed.

Does anyone here think AD could make more money here by signing the supermax or going to LA and signing a ton of endorsement deals?

I would bet over a 5 year span that he could make more money overall in LA. This is why creating a winning legacy in NOLA could be seen as a greater accomplishment than ring chasing with another player somewhere else.

Which rich player wouldn't choose legacy over money when given the 2 options, it doesn't mean his legacy can't be in New Orleans.

can't continue in New Orleans*

The key to keeping him will be about a winning team..

He can have all the legacy he wants in New Orleans (see Drew Brees), and all the money he wants

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Since non of us actually know what AD is thinking it occurred to me that AD's comment about legacy over money might be the opposite of the way most people have taken it. The media and most people thought that his comment was about the supermax but in reality it is generally accepted that he could make up that money plus more if he went to a large market like LA or New York. So that leads me to think there's a possibility his comment was actually meant to reflect that he would prefer to stay put. The caveat is does he feel like he can win here?

How I would love for this season to play out would be to finish the season strong, make the playoffs, and knock the Lakers out. Kind of like I hope Dallas makes their way to the dome for the NFC championship.

Then AD signs the new deal over the summer and all of this speculation gets put to bed.

Does anyone here think AD could make more money here by signing the supermax or going to LA and signing a ton of endorsement deals?

I would bet over a 5 year span that he could make more money overall in LA. This is why creating a winning legacy in NOLA could be seen as a greater accomplishment than ring chasing with another player somewhere else.
    Tell that to Lebron James.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post

forget about lebron....AD will always have a chance to win in LA because good players would want to go there to play with him....AD wont be ring chasing in LA..he would have his own team...

i believe lebron time is over winning titles because it look like superstars dont want to help him win another title and get all of the credit....

Thread Information