Pelicans Report

Thread: Terrence Ross ? Why not?

Terrence Ross ? Why not?

Sounds like Dell is working phones

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    If we can trade Solomon Hill and a protected 2019 1st rounder for Ross, I think that'd be a good move. We would have more flexibility in the summer with our cap and give ourselves much needed talent on the wing. Orlando is probably the one balking on that deal but maybe if they continue to struggle they will bite near deadline time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    If we can trade Solomon Hill and a protected 2019 1st rounder for Ross, I think that'd be a good move. We would have more flexibility in the summer with our cap and give ourselves much needed talent on the wing. Orlando is probably the one balking on that deal but maybe if they continue to struggle they will bite near deadline time.
    Top 25 protected 1st sure.. We can do better sending out our 1st though

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Granted, I've liked Ross for a while. But I don't want to move our 1st for him.

I like Ross I would rather go for Beal though but i would be ok with Ross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the dream of Beal is dying. He is playing very well and the Wizards have won 5 of 7.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Top 25 protected 1st sure.. We can do better sending out our 1st though
    I would agree with that if we are sending a neutral contract along with our 1st rounder, but getting rid of Solomon's contract would be a huge victory for the team and make the trade worthwhile imo. We wouldn't really have any bad contracts after that then, and while I'm not a cap expert, it seems it would set us up with a lot of flexibility to make a big move in the off-season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    71st amongst only SG’s in real plus minus. This feels like a massive case of looking at the Magic and picking the prettiest pig.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Why do we always treat our first round pick like it's nothing. Ross is not worth a 1st.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Why do we always treat our first round pick like it's nothing. Ross is not worth a 1st.
    It's the same deal as last year. It's a 1st to get rid of a bad contract while also improving the team. If nothing else pops up, getting rid of solo to give us more flexibility this off season is probably worth it.

IMO, you either have to trade Randle and get something that improves the team (because you can't afford to keep him, or you have to trade Solo so that at least you have the flexibility to resign Randle this summer or add a significant free agent to convince AD to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    1) Alvin Gentry does not like teaching young players . See Buddy who has developed nicely in Sac.

Niko was definitely worth a first. Terrence Ross? Not so much.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Ross can shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    It's the same deal as last year. It's a 1st to get rid of a bad contract while also improving the team. If nothing else pops up, getting rid of solo to give us more flexibility this off season is probably worth it.

IMO, you either have to trade Randle and get something that improves the team (because you can't afford to keep him, or you have to trade Solo so that at least you have the flexibility to resign Randle this summer or add a significant free agent to convince AD to stay.
    Its not the same as last year for a few reasons:

1. Niko > Ross and Hill > Asik
    2. Niko was cost controlled for another year
    3. Asik had more money on his deal remaining, including a partial guarantee in a 3rd year Hill doesn't have
    4. Pels were over .500 at the point of the trade and there were far more teams tanking at that time, so pick was never likely to be top 10 or even top 12.

If you are doing Hill and a first and Ross is coming back, the Magic need to send something elsewhere to get the Pels something else. Like, send a 2nd to the Cavs for Hood and Nwaba. Or give us Augustin, Iwundu, and a 2nd and add Wes Johnson going out.

It can't be Hill and the pick for Ross unless the pick is top 20 protected and converts to two seconds.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    1) Alvin Gentry does not like teaching young players . See Buddy who has developed nicely in Sac.
    And yet..Frank Jackson has continued to grow.

And let's ignore the whole..they had Demarcus Cousins and Vivek thought Buddy can be the next Steph Curry thing. No. That was all about Gentry not wanting to develop Buddy. Yes thats it.

If only we kept buddy instead of investing in fool's gold aka boogie cousins

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Its not the same as last year for a few reasons:

1. Niko > Ross and Hill > Asik
    2. Niko was cost controlled for another year
    3. Asik had more money on his deal remaining, including a partial guarantee in a 3rd year Hill doesn't have
    4. Pels were over .500 at the point of the trade and there were far more teams tanking at that time, so pick was never likely to be top 10 or even top 12.

If you are doing Hill and a first and Ross is coming back, the Magic need to send something elsewhere to get the Pels something else. Like, send a 2nd to the Cavs for Hood and Nwaba. Or give us Augustin, Iwundu, and a 2nd and add Wes Johnson going out.

It can't be Hill and the pick for Ross unless the pick is top 20 protected and converts to two seconds.
    I don't disagree with any of this.

The Niko deal was a homerun. I think a deal for Ross, if the protection is right, is a solid double. If the cap flexibility translates into anything this summer, we'll be grateful we did the deal.

Why do we want Ross again?

I would do Ross, Augustin, Iwundu for Hill, Wes, and a top-12 protected 1st if I miss out on Beal. I at least need a guy or two who I can control beyond this year if I give up that pick

The Franchise
    The best I’d do is a 2nd and hill for Ross. Next year the magic could send out Hill in a salary dump and possibly get another 2nd. I still don’t think Gentry plays Ross that much so it’s really only a salary dump.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And yet..Frank Jackson has continued to grow.

And let's ignore the whole..they had Demarcus Cousins and Vivek thought Buddy can be the next Steph Curry thing. No. That was all about Gentry not wanting to develop Buddy. Yes thats it.
    There is a pretty good article on Frank right now

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post

Sounds like Dell is working phones
    They should take away his phone.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    If only we kept buddy instead of investing in fool's gold aka boogie cousins
    I agree but you have to make that deal every time. Remember when the Lakers traded Vlade Divac to the Hornets for Kobe? Do you think New Orleans would have an NBA team if Kobe stayed in Charlotte?

Thread Information