Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Love ?

Rumor Kevin Love ?

No way the Pels would take on Love's terrible contract. He is 30 and had a lot of injuries. Makes no sense for Pels.

GOD NO!!

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    No way the Pels would take on Love's terrible contract. He is 30 and had a lot of injuries. Makes no sense for Pels.
    The way it makes sense is if Wiz are saying "We want you to take back Mahimni in any deal and we don't want Hill"

Pels then look for team to take Mahimni and Hill and the Pels absorb a longer contract but of a guy who can actually play.

So,.imagine Wiz get Moore, Niko, and a pick. Cavs take Ian Mahinmi and Solo and maybe some 2nds, young prospect like Diallo, whatever, and Pels get Love and Beal.

That's the only way it would make sense. Also, you can see a similar deal with Batum instead of Love.
    @mcnamara247

This is getting beyond parody.
    Basketball.

Just seen that Kevin Love is paid through 2023. No way anybody takes on that deal for at least another 3 years. Unless he come back balling balling

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Just seen that Kevin Love is paid through 2023. No way anybody takes on that deal for at least another 3 years. Unless he come back balling balling
    Even if he comes back, he's perennially injured. Like, worse than almost anyone else. People bag on AD for being injured all the time, and hes played 75 games each of the past two years. Love hasn't played 75 games since 2015.

We are stout defensively. What we need is more offense.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    It's never going to happen. Cleveland is better off holding on to Love for longer to see if he can play at All-Star level again without LeBron. If they trade him now then they lose their best player for what would be a contract dump at best. They would be selling Love at his absolute worse value. No reason to do it now when they're in position to tank either way and the extra cap flexibility wouldn't really do much for them since they're years away from contending anyways.
    Last edited by Bee-Fense; 01-11-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Get him to OKC can we help facilitate the trade? Like a three way deal? Anything from OKC we could use? Like Noel?

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    Get him to OKC can we help facilitate the trade? Like a three way deal? Anything from OKC we could use? Like Noel?
    Yeah, Adam's or Roberson, even Paul George..

Should be able to jump in and give a 2nd and Hill for one of them

Basketball Guru
    the trade dead line need to hurry up and be done with...

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Yeah, Adam's or Roberson, even Paul George..

Should be able to jump in and give a 2nd and Hill for one of them

Clearly Cleveland is cleaning house now. What is left of the Lebron era is now for sale.

Y'all need to stop. Bunch of Fletcher mackels in here. One is enough and that's too many.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    We are stout defensively. What we need is more offense.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Y'all need to stop. Bunch of Fletcher mackels in here. One is enough and that's too many.
    ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    ^^^^^
    Like it or not Demps & Loomis are shopping!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    This is from Sam Amico. He is widely known as the biggest hack of all “insiders”. And that’s an impressive feet to achieve.

The Franchise
    If Love wasn’t so injury prone maybe but he seems to be getting worse. Blake is intriguing but not sure he’d be a good fit next to Davis. I’ve never been a Blake fan but if he’s a pel I could get on board. I’m holding out for Beal or bust though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Blazers get Love.
    Cavs get Aminu, Solo, Wes Johnson, 2nd round pick from Pels, Lottery protected pick from Blazers.
    Pels get Evan Turner and Rodney Hood

Two solid role players who don't disrupt anything but add to the depth and versatility. Keep our 1st.

That's the best "meh" trade I can come up with if you can't land a homerun or a triple.

I just threw up in my mouth... Ugh.

I know everyone is itching for a trade but personally, I'm ok with doing nothing if we can't get a home run then just blowing it up in the summer. If the money isn't enough for AD ok, that's fine, we move on.

I totally agree. In fact, I think I would be more excited about losing 8 of the next 11 or something like that and becoming sellers.

The worst thing that could happen is going like 6-6 over the next 12 and this team lying to itself and thinking it could make a run, trading the pick for some 'meh' guy

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth... Ugh.

I know everyone is itching for a trade but personally, I'm ok with doing nothing if we can't get a home run then just blowing it up in the summer. If the money isn't enough for AD ok, that's fine, we move on.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I totally agree. In fact, I think I would be more excited about losing 8 of the next 11 or something like that and becoming sellers.

The worst thing that could happen is going like 6-6 over the next 12 and this team lying to itself and thinking it could make a run, trading the pick for some 'meh' guy
    I think giving up a 2nd round pick and Hill to take on salary that's on the books for longer than Hill is sort of splitting the baby. If/When Davis leaves, we'll recoup a lot young talent on reasonable deals, not have pressure to win immediately, and being tied to an overpaid guy for an extra year or so won't be that big a deal.

I'm on board with not giving up the 1st round pick for anything less than a real All Star level guy.

I'm also on board with moving AD as soon as Philadelphia puts Ben Simmons and picks on the table. If that's after a horrible rest of the month, so be it.

Thread Information