Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: January 9th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Cleveland Cavaliers - 19-22

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Look past this season. There is almost no chance we keep Niko AND Randle. So, do you just lose one for nothing? Beal is signed for 3 years.

You don't think a player like Beal would open up the inside for AD?
    I agree. We need to look ahead. We lost the gamble on thinking Rondo & Cousins we’re staying. Why go through it again?

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    I agree. We need to look ahead. We lost the gamble on thinking Rondo & Cousins we’re staying. Why go through it again?
    Nobody in their right minds thought Rondo would be here more than a couple years, and not surprising he only stayed one year. And I'm guessing that was by design of the front office. They upgraded with Payton.

More than anything, they need a semi starting back up point guard and a legit 6'8"+ type wing. Not Beal.

It's nice for team to finally be healthy and get past a lot of birthing pains in developing Jackson, Okafor, Randle(Even though his defense is awful) , and Payton further down the line. So, we are right where I was hoping to be. Only thing really to do is to get rid of Hill and try to get a starting caliber wing.

I could nit pick about the 5. I rather just keep developing Okafor for the time being. Defense is awful, but I don't think that is going to change anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    I mean... Rondo is 34. The last thing we want to do is hitch our team to that like the Rockets did with CP3. Boogie had a serious injury. Rondo's age and Boogie's injury really forced on hand to move on in my opinion to be better long-term solutions with Davis's supermax looming. It was for the best that they walked.

With Rondo, He was only ever Rondo in the playoffs. I'd like to hire him back as a coach if anything. He seems that his best skills seems to be on the sideline and a key motivator when things get tough.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    First, what quality depth do we have currently? Secondly, is it enough to keep AD based on what you have seen? Would another All-Star not be a better option? What is your plan for keeping AD that would be better than surrounding him with another All-Star?

this team is in the top 4 in scoring offense so AD has help....we are the top team in scoring in the paint and that will come to help out in the playoffs if we get the foul calls....so this team is good on offense......defense and injuries are our problem....and we are getting depth now with jackson and okafor being force to play and playing good.......hill,,diallo,johnson,,fraizer,,clark can be moved for 2 more players that gentry will trust and play......so run this year with the team we have that can out score teams now...

if i can trade niko for barnes i would do it and have jrue,,AD and barnes as a solid 3 going into next season...

if AD stays it will be hard to build a team around him with the money he will make and we dont know what the owner will do when it comes down to spending money for players...so if AD leaves then we trade him to the lakers for ball,,ingram,,hart,,kuzma,,zubac, if they resign him and have them get a 3rd or 4th team to make the deal work and get a couple of players for depth..

i would love to have this team if AD leaves...

payton.....ball
    jrue.........hart.......jackson
    ingram......moore......miller
    kuzma
    maybe randall...zubac........okafor

add some pieces to that team and i would be good watching those young cats run the court all day......it would be a fun team and could sneak into the playoffs.......we would have young assets to trade if we need to like ingram or hart to upgrade somewhere.....

so im on board keeping this high scoring team together this season unless we can trade niko for barnes......i always believe this team was a top 4 seed in the west now we just have to get in the playoffs and upset some people which is better for me being the under dog...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    this team is in the top 4 in scoring offense so AD has help....we are the top team in scoring in the paint and that will come to help out in the playoffs if we get the foul calls....so this team is good on offense......defense and injuries are our problem....and we are getting depth now with jackson and okafor being force to play and playing good.......hill,,diallo,johnson,,fraizer,,clark can be moved for 2 more players that gentry will trust and play......so run this year with the team we have that can out score teams now...

if i can trade niko for barnes i would do it and have jrue,,AD and barnes as a solid 3 going into next season...

if AD stays it will be hard to build a team around him with the money he will make and we dont know what the owner will do when it comes down to spending money for players...so if AD leaves then we trade him to the lakers for ball,,ingram,,hart,,kuzma,,zubac, if they resign him and have them get a 3rd or 4th team to make the deal work and get a couple of players for depth..

i would love to have this team if AD leaves...

payton.....ball
    jrue.........hart.......jackson
    ingram......moore......miller
    kuzma
    maybe randall...zubac........okafor

add some pieces to that team and i would be good watching those young cats run the court all day......it would be a fun team and could sneak into the playoffs.......we would have young assets to trade if we need to like ingram or hart to upgrade somewhere.....

so im on board keeping this high scoring team together this season unless we can trade niko for barnes......i always believe this team was a top 4 seed in the west now we just have to get in the playoffs and upset some people which is better for me being the under dog...
    I don’t want anything from the lakers I rather Boston tbh
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Thread Information