Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Trade for Parsons... to get Beal!

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Simply put, we dont have his bird rights, and Niko fits better than Randle..

As for the OP trade, looking more into it this would be an illegal trade.

1) It would put us into the tax, we cannot go into the tax because we are hard capped due to using the BAE on Payton.

2) Memphis doesnt currently have its 2019,2020, or 2021 1st to send out as they have protections on their pick going to Boston, so earliest any 1st from Memphis could be involved in a trade is a 2023

ok,,forget bird rights on niko for a second....how does niko fit better than randall when we are in the top 3 scoring in offense and randall is a inside guy?....randall and niko go perfect together and AD can play with either one,,gentry just have to use better rotations....

again this team has proven it can score high in scoring now and if healthy we can score with anyone...the problem is defense with this team....

if you are a team in the top 3 in scoring then AD has help around him...team needs to focus and play defense or make the defensive coach step his game up....

my goal is to make the playoffs this season and this team can do it...i think we just need a backup PG and SG/SF combo and our bench players should be able to bring in those 2 at trade time i hope...

next season will play its self out by trading AD so i feel we dont need to take on parson or any extra money going into next season unless i can get barnes to go with jrue and AD...

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    You have to keep Jackson at all costs. Unless he is part of a trade that lands us a long term franchise piece, you keep him. His future is bright, and will be a big piece moving forward as his gets seasoned.
    This. I dont even want to include him in the Beal trade. I hope they dont demand him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Here's a better version. Get Memphis out of there and bring in Charlotte:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yajovlow

Wiz get our first, Charlotte's first and a future 2nd from Charlotte. Washington tanks, gets below the tax (saving over 20 mil total) and has 3 picks in the 2019 draft plus whatever they can get in a separate Ariza trade. Charlotte gets better this year for a playoff run plus opens up future money to pay Kemba.

Pels keep Niko and Frank and future draft picks. Depth is hurt as you are very top heavy with the first six but now its time for Frank and Jah to show they can be consistent rotation players. Kenrich gets a shot too and you have tons of roster spots to give guys a chance on 10 days or rest of season contracts
    I think I like this trade better. But paying Batum in 20/21 could be painful.

They cant trade their 1st in consecutive years, so they would have to wait to see if it will convey or not before they could do any kind of deal, which wouldn't be until the lottery is finished
    Well they can but it all has to be conditional, like what Boston got from Memphis for the 2019 pick.
    https://www.celticsblog.com/2016/8/2...zlies-clippers

The other options would be pick swaps. Anyway probably pretty unlikely but there are always complicated ways if teams really want to get something done.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Gayle has said this already.
    Saying and doing is two different things though.
    To those saying Gayle is stiff on money. From the football side,

https://twitter.com/JonDeTrinis/stat...24097603391488

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Well they can but it all has to be conditional, like what Boston got from Memphis for the 2019 pick.
    https://www.celticsblog.com/2016/8/2...zlies-clippers

The other options would be pick swaps. Anyway probably pretty unlikely but there are always complicated ways if teams really want to get something done.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    How I understand the rules, you cant have picks involved in consecutive years, and until it's an unprotected pick, you cant involve any in following years...

As of right now Memphis has top 8 protection, in the NBA's eyes it wont convey to Boston until it actually does (much like our pick last season after the Niko trade, we couldnt send another pick out because we placed a protection on it).. Now if it conveys this season, which is likely unless Memphis hits injuries like last year, then they could send a 2021 pick, but would Washington be willing to wait until 2023, which is the season they know for sure they would get it??

With all that said, Memphis can keep Parsons at his current contract, I dont want it, id rather send our 2019 and 21 picks

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    so we are back to having jrue as starting PG which is bad....AD starting 5 with okafor as backup who gets in foul trouble which will have AD wore out lol....plus AD is getting hurt alot so now we dont have any depth and loose rebounding....

can anyone tell me how is this team better than the one we have now thats in the top 3 in scoring offense?....i rather keep the team we have now over that team with no depth,,no rebounding and players who gentry wont trust to play which goes back to no depth and jrue running the show.....
    Both Batum and Beal can create for themselves and others and defend multiple positions.

Cant say that about Moore.
    Randle is good on the break but is a black hole in defence that isn't one on one. Plus I don't think I've ever seen Randle pass out of a dbl team.

Niko can play out and in.
    This allows Davis to operate in the paint like the big game he had gainst Dallas. He is too passive when Randle iso's.

With all that said, Memphis can keep Parsons at his current contract, I dont want it, id rather send our 2019 and 21 picks
    I would prefer to keep the 2021 pick. If we could take on Parsons and trade Hill in the process, I think it could be worth it to keep the 2021 pick and the flexibility surrounding it.

We need Beal ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    We need Beal ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you can land Bael, while keeping Jrue and Frank, you would have a great backcourt. If you can keep Jules to play next to AD, you could have a great 5 man to run others to death.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I rather niko
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If you can land Bael, while keeping Jrue and Frank, you would have a great backcourt. If you can keep Jules to play next to AD, you could have a great 5 man to run others to death.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Link not loading for some. Trade was:

Wash: Moore, Wes, D. Bacon, Diallo, Pels 2019 1st, Char 2019 1st, future Charlotte 2nd

Char: Randle, Miller, Solo, Clark, fake Wash 2nd (to touch)

Pels: Batum, Beal, J Green
    There is no way Was is moving Beal for just a couple of middling first rounders and Moore. I also think CHA is getting off of Batum a lil too easy here.

It seems NBA trades rarely makes sense for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    There is no way Was is moving Beal for just a couple of middling first rounders and Moore. I also think CHA is getting off of Batum a lil too easy here.
    I would think we would have to get Charlotte to include Monk in the deal to Washington instead of Bacon. That may tip the scales.

Thread Information