Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: January 7th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Memphis Grizzlies - 18-22

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    And isn't Mirotic slated to return? We could be on a 5-6 tear at the end of the week.
    Against tanking teams? By the way this Zion guy for Duke looks like DeMarcus Cousins & Lebron James built in one. This guy will be a stud in the NBA.

I stand corrected

@Clippers

@Warriors

@Blazers

All next week. Let us see how we do against those three before jumping on any bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    Against tanking teams? By the way this Zion guy for Duke looks like DeMarcus Cousins & Lebron James built in one. This guy will be a stud in the NBA.
    Have we learned that nobody knows how these players will be in the NBA until they get in the NBA? Helooks like the type that could be affected by length. Not as explosive as Lebron.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Have we learned that nobody knows how these players will be in the NBA until they get in the NBA? He looks like the type that could be affected by length. Not as explosive as Lebron.
    That's not exactly a knock. I mean, LeBron is spoken of as if he's 280bs...but he's really closer to 240 or so. Zion is every bit of his listed weight. Length may cause him issues...but his raw power will make up for it.

The Franchise
    Have we learned that nobody knows how these players will be in the NBA until they get in the NBA? Helooks like the type that could be affected by length. Not as explosive as Lebron.
    Oh he is majorly athletic but it’ll be mostly negated because nba players are the best of the best. I worry about his range. I think he could becomes a better version of Barkley.

He's like Shaq + MJ + Magic + Kareem + LBJ.

Or so I hear about every single "next big thing", every single year. Yet to be as impressed as I'm supposed to be.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Oh he is majorly athletic but it’ll be mostly negated because nba players are the best of the best. I worry about his range. I think he could becomes a better version of Barkley.
    A better version of Barkley? I'm not a big fan of Barkley's low brow simpleton mouth, but Zion could only be so lucky to have half of Barkley's game. He doesn't look as explosive as Barkely thats for sure. I mean Chuck was a damn freak.

The Franchise
    A better version of Barkley? I'm not a big fan of Barkley's low brow simpleton mouth, but Zion could only be so lucky to have half of Barkley's game. He doesn't look as explosive as Barkely thats for sure. I mean Chuck was a damn freak.
    I didn’t see Barkley early in his career and I’m not a big fan of Zion but this dude is a freak athlete. Now I’m not sure how that’ll translate in the nba but he won’t be a bust. I think worst case is Faried.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's like Shaq + MJ + Magic + Kareem + LBJ.

Or so I hear about every single "next big thing", every single year. Yet to be as impressed as I'm supposed to be.

NBA scouts are drooling for him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...harles-barkley

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/11/20/nb...keldon-johnson

Cavs will be retooling nicely if they get Zion or Barrett.
    Last edited by AstroFire; 01-08-2019 at 11:39 PM.

We're already 3 out of 4 since Payton returned ......extending that to five of six is far from a bandwagon.

NBA scouts are drooling for him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...harles-barkley

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/11/20/nb...keldon-johnson

Cavs will be retooling nicely if they get Zion or Barrett.
    NBA scouts were also drooling for Lonzo Ball, who was the next Magic but could shoot like Steph Curry.
    NBA scouts were also drooling for Ben Simmons, who was the next LeBron James.

I've had enough of hearing how every single summer there's a "generational" player. Does Zion look good? Of.course. does he look like some flawless god-player in the making? No. He doesn't. Players rarely live up.to the hype, and it's unfair both to the rookies and to the people they're being compared to.

Thread Information