Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: December 19th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Milwaukee Bucks - 15-16

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    This is an absolutely perfect evaluation of Gentry turning a possible W into a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddddd loss. BAD!!!!!
    yup as much as I'm on his side it's jist like really dude? we should of won this game we should if won the last 3 games no matter how bad our players are and thats the problem

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

like sorry this game straight up showed why it doesn't matter who we trade for well still be bad

This reminds me of the Saints before Payton where Benson made the fans suffer before getting rid of Haslett. It doesn't matter how many things you add to fan experience at the game the only experience that matters is winning and playing good ball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    like sorry this game straight up showed why it doesn't matter who we trade for well still be bad

Literally untrue. The guys who made plays that cost the game wouldn't be out there. Imagine instead of Frank Jackson in the break it were John Wall. Or anyone else...

Not aying we make that trade. But acting like having better players, when only 5 are ever on the court at the same time, is chicken little nonsense.

HOT TAKE: Rondo was the true head coach of the Pels last year. He covered up Gentry’s flaws.

Many here, including me, have been saying Okafor needs a chance. So Alvin is forced to put him in, not by choice. The guy gives us 17 in 13 mins. AD comes back and instead of AD at the 4 and Oak at 5 down the stretch we make the hot hand sit the bench and our superstar play the 5 mostly from top of the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Literally untrue. The guys who made plays that cost the game wouldn't be out there. Imagine instead of Frank Jackson in the break it were John Wall. Or anyone else...

Not aying we make that trade. But acting like having better players, when only 5 are ever on the court at the same time, is chicken little nonsense.
    Doesn't the rose rule make it impossible to trade for Wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Okay cool now imagine gentry as your coach hell play the guy he trusts more who played 4 mins and did nothing than the guy who played 20 and gave some points and a little defense...but hey go ahead and keep acting like gentry is a good coach bc I'm done he's a great oc but head coach????? naaaaaah

Many here, including me, have been saying Okafor needs a chance. So Alvin is forced to put him in, not by choice. The guy gives us 17 in 13 mins. AD comes back and instead of AD at the 4 and Oak at 5 down the stretch we make the hot hand sit the bench and our superstar play the 5 mostly from top of the key.
    Gentry doesn't like centers. He never did, never liked game planning around them, and doesn't want to slow his pace for it. He has one style fast and small. I've hated having AD at the 5. It's just not for him.

this! no oak wo t give you that every night but he's a threat which means putting a legit defender on him...but instead we play guy who end up wide open and won't take the 3

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Gentry doesn't like centers. He never did, never liked game planning around them, and doesn't want to slow his pace for it. He has one style fast and small. I've hated having AD at the 5. It's just not for him.
    That's simply. Not true. Gentry's best seasons he had Stoudemire who was regularly featured as the 2nd best player behind Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That's simply. Not true. Gentry's best seasons he had Stoudemire who was regularly featured as the 2nd best player behind Nash.
    Stoudemire was playing the 4 more than 5 when Gentry was the head coach. Hell, Stoud was a power forward most of his career too. Even... Then... That's just 1 noteworthy player at center.

STAT was definitely playing the 4 . He was never a true center
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    HOT TAKE: Rondo was the true head coach of the Pels last year. He covered up Gentry’s flaws.
    That is not a hot take. It's starting to make sense.

This team is terrible. I'd be surprised if AD doesn't want out after this season.

Basketball Guru
    i got what i ask for in okafor stepping up and showing that he can provide depth at the position and gentry sit the guy down half way in the 3rd and for the rest of the game.....the only inside scorer and pick n roll big we had doing damage in the paint and we sit him lol.....

we gave up alot of driving layups and hustle plays on defense that hurt us also...

gentry has to get out of his comfort zone and go with what was working and use it sometimes to close out games also...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Doesn't the rose rule make it impossible to trade for Wall?
    The rose rule/supermax rules only applies if 2 players are not drafted by that team. Since AD was drafted by us we could trade for Wall and still have AD and wall on supermaxes, although it would cost us like 90 mil a year for both, which IMO is just not feasible to put anyone around them at that price.

I know she just gave Gentry an extension but what’s the financial penalty if Gayle decides to pull the plug on him? We either need to massively upgrade the roster or get rid of the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I know she just gave Gentry an extension but what’s the financial penalty if Gayle decides to pull the plug on him? We either need to massively upgrade the roster or get rid of the head coach.
    I think we just need to bring in someone to handle the rotations. I love Gentry's system and believe it can win a championship, he just does some stupid ****** rotations that make no sense whatsoever.

Thread Information