Pelicans Report

Thread: We've been playing like an ultra turd all season yet we are 1.5 games out of playoff

We've been playing like an ultra turd all season yet we are 1.5 games out of playoff

We hang around 7th and 8th place and we solidify the roster around trade time. We could do a lot worse

I haven't thought it's time to panic yet and I won't until we find ourselves 10 games out of the race for the postseason

Get Payton back healthy and try to improve the roster by the deadline. This team’s lack of quality depth is its biggest achilles heel. The roster is too top heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Get Payton back healthy and try to improve the roster by the deadline. This team’s lack of quality depth is its biggest achilles heel. The roster is too top heavy.
    I disagree

I think the huge defensive lapses are the root cause of the issues

Offence is great, but even AD looks like has a negative IQ on defence out there sometimes

Payton
    Jrue
    Solo
    Randle
    AD

Frazier
    Moore
    Miller
    Niko
    Diallo

At full strength that is a decent side

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I disagree

I think the huge defensive lapses are the root cause of the issues

Offence is great, but even AD looks like has a negative IQ on defence out there sometimes

Payton
    Jrue
    Solo
    Randle
    AD

Frazier
    Moore
    Miller
    Niko
    Diallo

At full strength that is a decent side

if all is healthy only moore,,niko and miller is coming off the bench getting major time.......tim may get 5mins...diallo is not playing unless someone get hurt....this team needs 2 more players on the bench that gentry trust and will play and i hope we get that in a trade....10 deep and we are good because the west looks loaded right now at the moment...

For god's sake, AD is not a C, and he don't want to play as C.

We can't afford to spend money on a C because he is afraid to play his position.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Here we go again. Fourth time posting this. WES and SOLO and a pick for HOLIDAY and LOPEZ

I think it's all about Payton. And turnovers. Good god the turnovers. But that is missing a PG. The bad D I will mostly attribute to the TOs. So when Payton comes back, Jrue moves back to SG. Moore becomes the 6th/7th man with Randle. All is well.

The lack of depth at PG is concerning but Payton's injury shouldn't be a reoccurring one and there isn't a single team in this league that is deep at all positions. Because of having Niko and Randle.....Payton seems oddly more important to stay healthy than AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Here we go again. Fourth time posting this. WES and SOLO and a pick for HOLIDAY and LOPEZ
    Guess you want someone to acknowledge this. That’s not a great trade idea. If our 1st is one of the Pels’ most valuable assets, they can do better than this trade. Lopez is too slow to be a main contributor and in the playoffs. Can do better than this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Guess you want someone to acknowledge this. That’s not a great trade idea. If our 1st is one of the Pels’ most valuable assets, they can do better than this trade. Lopez is too slow to be a main contributor and in the playoffs. Can do better than this trade.
    I did't say a first, but even if it were it gives us the chance to keep both NICO and Randall. That is the purpose.

Turnovers and awful possessions have contributed to the poor defense methinks. Would ‘t hurt to slow the pace if you can’t run a team properly.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I just don't know what to make of this team. I feel like we really could win 10 games in a row. Or that we should be winning that many games in a row already. But we aren't closing games out.

And we are in!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I just don't know what to make of this team. I feel like we really could win 10 games in a row. Or that we should be winning that many games in a row already. But we aren't closing games out.
    We’ve always been that kind of team under Gentry. If we have a run of games with turnovers galore, we lose everything. If we are hitting our 3’s and taking care of the ball, we go on a streak. I don’t like a coach that can’t get the best out of his men consistently. We are endlessly sporadic

Thread Information