Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pels assign Frank Jackson to Texas Legends (G-League)

Pels assign Frank Jackson to Texas Legends (G-League)

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/pelican...-texas-legends

December 4, 2018

NEW ORLEANS – The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that the team has assigned rookie guard Frank Jackson to the Texas Legends of the NBA G League, pursuant to the flexible assignment system. This will be Jackson’s first career G League assignment.

Jackson, 6-4, 202, has appeared in 15 games for the Pelicans, averaging 4.3 points in 12.0 minutes per contest.
    I wonder who is getting added? If anyone? Trade looming?

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    https://www.nba.com/pelicans/pelican...-texas-legends

I wonder who is getting added? If anyone? Trade looming?
    Someone has to be getting added

You dont gain a roster spot doing this. He still takes up one of the 15.

Basketball Guru
    good..if gentry is not going to use him, let him go to the g-league to get his game strong by playing alot of mins......maybe the rumors was true about the pelicans signing someone who was playing overseas..i forgot who the player was...

Andrew Harrison to the Pels on a 2 way.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn 13 minutes ago

Guard Andrew Harrison will sign a two-way deal with New Orleans, league source tells ESPN.

I like his game in memphis

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I like his game in memphis
    So did I.
    I wanted Dell to sign him when he was waived by Memphis, but Cleveland got in there beforehand.

He won't be the saviour until Payton get's back, but at least his is a big guard who can run some point.

There goes ROY chances lol
    RIP FlyGirl

Attaboy Frankie

Frank needs a Monty or Pops to get his game to the next level. Gentry has a system, but it’s not one for developing young players such as Frank. I look forward to Frank’s continued progress.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 12-06-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Frank has just needed minutes. Makes sense. He only played one year of college then missed an entire season and has struggled with ankle sprains limiting him this summer and season.

Give the kid some run to develop. If still rather he be getting minutes with the team because I think he has the chance to be really good for us but I'll take this in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Frank needs a Monty or Pops to get his game to the next level. Gentry has a system, but it’s not one for developing young players such as Frank. I look forward to Frank’s continued progress.
    Agree this might be an attempt to raise his trade value. Gentry does not want to teach, he expects you to already know.

Not sure if it's the camera angle, but it seems he needs more lift when finishing at the basket on his drives. For example, Jrue and Kyrie finish much higher on their drives, although Frank has the higher vertical, weird. It may be when he chooses to gather on his drives or he's just not fluid off of one leg. Work on that and then he should be good to go against NBA competition.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 12-10-2018 at 06:35 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Annoying thing is all he's really doing is making himself into better trade bait. He'd have to have been Donovan Mitchell to earn minutes at his level of development. Just hope we can fetch ourselves a player who makes our team better than his skill level might suggest.

Frank starting to show out

Shame he is in trade talks. He could be a nice piece of our future core after AD leaves.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

He could turn into a reason AD stays

Hopefully he gets called back in a couple weeks. This gets him enough time to get some run and gain some confidence.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Hopefully he gets called back in a couple weeks. This gets him enough time to get some run and gain some confidence.
    could have used him last night on offense...we needed a fresh scorer....

The G League can’t handle Franklin W. Jackson!

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    could have used him last night on offense...we needed a fresh scorer....
    While I agree, Gentry has to play him consistent minutes first. I think a couple more weeks in the G League to let him get actual game minutes will do him good. Also will maybe force Gentry to give him the minutes he needs when he gets back.

The reason Donovan Mitchell showed out was because the team let him take 17+ shots a game and gave him 33 mpg. Frank needs consistency and time to just learn the pro game. You get that by playing. Gentry has constantly been tweaking the lineups looking for something that works. For a guy like Frank who lost a year to injury that's really bad.

While I agree, Gentry has to play him consistent minutes first. I think a couple more weeks in the G League to let him get actual game minutes will do him good. Also will maybe force Gentry to give him the minutes he needs when he gets back.

The reason Donovan Mitchell showed out was because the team let him take 17+ shots a game and gave him 33 mpg. Frank needs consistency and time to just learn the pro game. You get that by playing. Gentry has constantly been tweaking the lineups looking for something that works. For a guy like Frank who lost a year to injury that's really bad.
    Gentry plays him at the 1.
    That's the problem.
    If fans can see that he needs be off the ball then wtf can't he?

Sick of trying to make players that there not.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Gentry plays him at the 1.
    That's the problem.
    If fans can see that he needs be off the ball then wtf can't he?

Sick of trying to make players that there not.
    Gentry sees that he's better as a 2. The problem is so is every guard on our team Outside of Payton and Frazier. The 2 is by far the deepest position on the entire team.

With the injury to Payton it screws up the entire guard rotation because now instead of Frazier being thr backup PG and allowing Jackson and Moore to play off ball, the only way for Jackson to get minutes is to play PG.

If our team was playing good then that would allow for more development minutes being given to Jackson. Unfortunately we suck and so are forced to play big minutes to our top guys to try and win games.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Gentry sees that he's better as a 2. The problem is so is every guard on our team Outside of Payton and Frazier. The 2 is by far the deepest position on the entire team.

With the injury to Payton it screws up the entire guard rotation because now instead of Frazier being thr backup PG and allowing Jackson and Moore to play off ball, the only way for Jackson to get minutes is to play PG.

If our team was playing good then that would allow for more development minutes being given to Jackson. Unfortunately we suck and so are forced to play big minutes to our top guys to try and win games.
    I don’t see a single circumstance that would make Alvin play Clark over Frank... it’s downright disgusting to watch this man coach

Thread Information