Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: December 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans VS Los Angeles Clippers - 12-12

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I’m not gonna lie, I am honestly getting to the point where I think I’m about done with this franchise for the time being.

I really want to support them and I feel like I have for over a decade, but I really am just so tired of the dysfunction and dissapointment that seems to be the only constant with this franchise.
    That’s a good idea friend. I’ve detached myself from sports altogether and I must say it’s much healthier for me mentally. If we win- great. If it’s hard to watch, I turn away from the tele or phone a friend. If you embrace this franchise emotionally, it will eat you alive.

I’m used to the disappointment being a Saints fan. Before Payton and Brees it was pretty rough but things eventually got better. I’m hoping for a similar turnaround with the Pels but it probably won’t come to fruition until Demps, Gentry, and unfortunately AD are all gone.

I’m not gonna lie, I am honestly getting to the point where I think I’m about done with this franchise for the time being.

I really want to support them and I feel like I have for over a decade, but I really am just so tired of the dysfunction and dissapointment that seems to be the only constant with this franchise.
    We probably shold have won against the current top team in the West, apart from some costly mistakes

I'm not sure how you play the dysfunctional card after that game

Type of comment you'd expect after a 30 point loss, not 3

I feel the same way I haven’t even watched a few games and didn’t watch the first half of this one I’ve seen this movie before it’s getting old it’s like there is no hope with this team . Make a trade for help or go ahead and trade AD because he’s gonna leave anyway when he’s looking around at these bums he’s playing with and saying I have no chance to really win here . We can even beat the Knick’s blow it up hire a new coach and start over .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s anxiety and pressure across the board because we don’t know what Davis is going to do. It’s like the energy has been sucked from this franchise as we wait until this summer.

The franchise was on such a high this summer and now the team is underachieving and there’s a cloud hanging over the organization .

All i know is that winning cures everything and this team needs to get their act together. This is a veteran team and they play like they have no clue how to play professional basketball Davis included.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

You guys really need to calm down. This was a clear development year with new personnel. Last year, we won a bunch of close games or ridiculous comeback wins. Those kind of 50/50 game wins aren't sustainable. Sooner or later, team runs out of luck. Though, I'm pretty optimistic that we get it together and string a good run.

MY only problem is simply Gentry pushing the pace so much that we got an injury prone team piling up injuries every other game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    You guys really need to calm down. This was a clear development year with new personnel. Last year, we won a bunch of close games or ridiculous comeback wins. Those kind of 50/50 game wins aren't sustainable. Sooner or later, team runs out of luck. Though, I'm pretty optimistic that we get it together and string a good run.

MY only problem is simply Gentry pushing the pace so much that we got an injury prone team piling up injuries every other game.
    Try selling that to AD.

This isn’t a developmental year. You don’t go from where we were last year to where we are now unless you had no business winning last year, and since last year was the high water mark of Gentry’s mediocre coaching career I doubt he would view it that way.

We need to find a way to win or we are going to lose AD. There is no other way about it. If he wants to get paid and still lose he could go to a bigger market and come out ahead. He is here because he wants to win, and if we don’t win he will move on to a team that can get him there.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Trade......
    Doubtful. Cannot imagine a trade until at the earliest 12/15, but more likely closer to Feb.

I never expected Gentry to succeed here. His track record speaks for itself. They should have been window shopping right as we picked up Boogie- no way a coach would turn that combo down.

I just hope he turns this side around as it looks kind of grim atm. Nothing against Gentry. I’ve come to like him as a dude, but he isn’t my idea of a decent coach.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    We probably shold have won against the current top team in the West, apart from some costly mistakes

I'm not sure how you play the dysfunctional card after that game

Type of comment you'd expect after a 30 point loss, not 3
    Dysfunctional is not just a reactionary charge I'm just throwing out there because of our three game slide.

I don't know if you noticed but we have a player that is on pace to be one of the greatest players to ever play the game. A per only surpassed by Jordan and Lebron. A player that was already dominant that just added 4APG on top of his arsenal in an offseason.

And we are currently in the middle of a third rebuild in the 10th hour of his second contract sitting at .500, battered by injuries, and once again hoping a miracle trade or another 180 from the team can salvage the season....And to be fair it may. I hope it does.

Organizational dysfunction though has frankly never left this franchise, but there does come a point where the disappointment finally takes enough of a toll that you take an inventory and have to weigh whether the current investment level is worth maintaining? For me, at this point, it's just not.

Thats not me saying I'm walking away full stop, just that I am feeling the need to take a bit of a step back, not build a chunk of my life around finding time to watch all 82 games with the level of dedication and investment I have been maintaining for going on over 10 years.

Dysfunctional is not just a reactionary charge I'm just throwing out there because of our three game slide.

I don't know if you noticed but we have a player that is on pace to be one of the greatest players to ever play the game. A per only surpassed by Jordan and Lebron. A player that was already dominant that just added 4APG on top of his arsenal in an offseason.

And we are currently in the middle of a third rebuild in the 10th hour of his second contract sitting at .500, battered by injuries, and once again hoping a miracle trade or another 180 from the team can salvage the season....And to be fair it may. I hope it does.

Organizational dysfunction though has frankly never left this franchise, but there does come a point where the disappointment finally takes enough of a toll that you take an inventory and have to weigh whether the current investment level is worth maintaining? For me, at this point, it's just not.

Thats not me saying I'm walking away full stop, just that I am feeling the need to take a bit of a step back, not build a chunk of my life around finding time to watch all 82 games with the level of dedication and investment I have been maintaining for going on over 10 years.
    Exactly how I feel.
    Couldn't write that better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This isn’t a developmental year. You don’t go from where we were last year to where we are now unless you had no business winning last year, and since last year was the high water mark of Gentry’s mediocre coaching career I doubt he would view it that way.

We need to find a way to win or we are going to lose AD. There is no other way about it. If he wants to get paid and still lose he could go to a bigger market and come out ahead. He is here because he wants to win, and if we don’t win he will move on to a team that can get him there.
    I was **********ing about this for 4 years about the personnel. It is what is at this point. You guys where just happy with just getting into the playoffs. I was more worried about whether we have a championship caliber team. The answer was always no. Boogie and AD fall apart right when they really started to gel. Yet, this year... I actually like this squad with lower expectations. We need to develop and possibly add a superstar wing and a real center while building depth on the bench with a solid pick. This squad can win a championship. They just need to keep building.
    Last edited by Taker597; 12-05-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Thread Information