Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: November 14th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 7-6

Pelicans November 14th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 7-6

Tonight we play the 5-9 Minnesota Timberwolves, freshly devoid of Jimmy Butler. Usually, in a post like this, I'd list a bunch of the team's statistics from the season thus far, but I'm not really sure if that's worth doing, because without Butler they'll look very different. Instead, they've got Robert Covington and Dario Saric, who are both good players but not really on Butler's level individually.

For what it's worth, here are some key stats from the Jimmy Butler Era: 11th most ppg, 12th best offensive rating, worst defensive rating in the league. They were 5th in offensive rebounding, which is very good, but only 19th in defensive rebounding. They were 14th in assists, and 26th in FG%. They weren't a very good team. Like I said though, who knows how much of this will apply when Butler is replaced with RoCo and Saric.

I have heard that we should have Niko back, and that Payton might be able to play limited minutes depending on how he feels prior to the game. Whether this ends up being true or not, there's the information as I've seen it. I hope this is true, as Niko would be big for us, stopping us from having to use a playoff rotation all game, and if Payton can play even 15 minutes that's a good sign that he shouldn't take too long to be back for real.

This Wolves team is not good. We can definitely beat them, I'm certain of it. The only question is whether everyone shows up.

Looking forward to AD dropping 30 on KAT, and Jrue Holiday taking Derrick Rose's lunch money. Let's get this W.

#DoItBig
    Basketball.

Oops, looks like D Rose isn't willing to put himself through a few rounds of Jrue-jitsu.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Oops, looks like D Rose isn't willing to put himself through a few rounds of Jrue-jitsu.

man that pic is so messed up and cocky...i love it lol...

niko playing, elfrid somehow still out

I'll take just missing one as a win. Lol. I'm gonna miss the tip-off. Playoffs for the Lake Charles Adult Soccer League. Woot.

My favourite thing about sports is how they're always scheduled to start at a given time, but never actually start until 15 or so minutes after that. It's very convenient.

Bad start

Bad start. Defense has been scrambled, we aren't crashing the offensive glass at all.

Not sure why Davis is guarding Taj Gibson instead of KAT, tbh.

Jesus, they just cannot miss right now

Apparently they can't foul either.

Of course they are HOT from everywhere against our defence...

Some real hit-or-miss defense from AD so far this quarter. He's defended some jumpers by Towns and Wiggins well, but he's also not even bothered contesting some other shots.

The team needs to play a little defense and we would run the twolves out the building
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Also, hate to be that guy yet again, but rebounding. KAT has 6 rebounds, our entire team has 5. Not a surprise when you start struggling with that kind of imbalance.

Moore still hot.

Pitiful defensive effort. Where's the rotation? Where's the help defense?

Defending the 3 point line has been a persistent problem under Gentry

This getting redicolous.... They are making everything from 3...

Minnesota seems rejuvenated after the Butler trade. Pels need to tighten up on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Defending the 3 point line has been a persistent problem under Gentry
    Minnesota has hit some stupid 3s. That last Wiggins and okigoe 3 were rediculous.

Anytime a team has taken 10 3s in a single qtr and made them at a 60% rate its going to be hard to have a lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Minnesota has hit some stupid 3s. That last Wiggins and okigoe 3 were rediculous.

Anytime a team has taken 10 3s in a single qtr and made them at a 60% rate its going to be hard to have a lead.
    For sure, some of them have just been improbable shots (I'm thinking Covington's one that bounced off the rim above the backboard and still dropped) but some of their offense has just met zero resistance.

KAT has put up 13/8 on AD in one quarter. AD has GOT to take that personally.

Well that was about 5 different fouls not called

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Davis just **********in

Thread Information