Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: November 7th - New Orleans Pelicans Vs Chicago Bulls - 4-6

Pelicans November 7th - New Orleans Pelicans Vs Chicago Bulls - 4-6

That roadtrip sucked.

But now the Pelicans are back at home, and playing the 3-8 Chicago Bulls, have a chance to finally put a stop to this painful loss streak and get back in the win column. The Bulls are not a good team, by any margin. They are 22nd in PPG, 21st in ORTG, 25th in DRTG, and 25th in pace. 2 of their three wins came by 2 points or less. They are 26th in offensive rebounding, 14th in rebounding overall, 19th in steals, and 11th in blocks.

Their best player this season has been Zach Lavine, and he has started the season from well all over the floor. He's shooting well from the floor, and from three. He needs guarding. We have the personnel to do that, but the question is (as it has been for 6 games now) whether or not those personnel will actually come together and perform up to their standards. After Lavine, they have a big drop off: no other player on their roster is averaging over 15 points a game.

How do we compare? Well, even after a 6 game losing streak, we are still 5th in PPG, 4th in pace, and 7th in ORTG. Our defensive rating is 27th in the league. Not the absolute worst, but pretty damn close. We have four separate players averaging at least 18 points per game, and two averaging at least twenty. On paper, this game should be an easy win for us to get back on the board and stop skidding down the conference tables.

So let's hope the team snaps out of it now that they're back at home, AD plays like himself again, Jrue keeps up his fantastic recent play, Niko finds his shot again, and we pick up the win against an extremely sub-par Bulls team. Get it done quick, repeat performance against the Suns, and we're .500 again.

Let's go. #DoItBig
    Basketball.

#tank4Barrett

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    #tank4Barrett
    lol dude you are on a roll smdh lol...

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    #tank4Barrett
    10 games in....sad

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    10 games in....sad
    Pretty shameless. At least give it till Christmas.

I'll give it my best trying to care. I went from so positive to complete negative in about three games.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

elfrid out again

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    elfrid out again
    Jesus. Why can't we just enjoy one season of professional basketball? I can't even remember what he is out for but did they amputate is foot or something?

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Jesus. Why can't we just enjoy one season of professional basketball? I can't even remember what he is out for but did they amputate is foot or something?
    He sprained his ankle, and it's been said by Gentry multiple times in the last week that we expect him back on Saturday, the Suns game. That hasn't changed since Gentry said it at least as early as Monday, and I seem to remember it having been said earlier than that too.

Wesley starting again.... Maybe this means we get another 0 for Hill.

pre-game on league pass their putting up recent performance stats for all the guys as the warm up. Solomon Hills "grabbed 2 rebounds vs Portland" hahahaha

Hopefully playing against his hometown gets AD back in the groove

Please just keep it under 16 turnovers. I'd consider that an improvement right now.

3kolaaaaaaaaa

AD getting offensive boards early is a good sign. He's also had two great passes to Niko that Niko hasn't been able to finish unfortunately. Good signs, although he still hasn't scored.

Wesley Johnson is just so refreshing. A legitimate SF that can play with hustle.

damn, loved that fight Wesley!

BEAUTIFUL PLAY

Gorgeous defense from Niko and Jrue on the double team, Jrue gets the steal, full court pass to a running Wesley Johnson for a wide open three!

Love seeing stuff like that.

JRUE IS DUNKING AGAIN.

I hate the way they call travels in the NBA. AD gets called for travels all the time, but Lebron, Harden, Curry, Lillard, etc, can carry and travel and discontinue their dribble and whatever pretty much at whim.

We need to pray AD gets the eye of the tiger at some point in the game. We are too damn good to be playing this bad.

AD Forcing his way through in the post. More aggression please.

AD CATCHES THE OOP!!!

Decent last two minutes, although not perfect. AD looking a little more like himself so far: he has 10/4/2 with a block on 50% shooting so far. He's played good help defense, and he'd have 6 rebounds already if Niko wasn't a little touchy for them sometimes

Jrue has 4 assists already and has played some brilliant defense. Wesley Johnson is good. Niko cutting well.

I don't know how tall Tim Frazier is, but he seems super short. Can't pass over anyone.

Thread Information