Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: October 17th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets - Season Opener - 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    The most surprising thing in this thread is that no one is wanting Jahlil's head after his travel and double dribble in 90 seconds of play
    Why? It was garbage time and they will need him this year.

Why?

Like The Scorpion and The Turtle?

It's in our nature. Lol

Why didn't Clark get any minutes, even at the very end?

What an outstanding performance.

I was still nervous even with a 25 point lead... but we played superb. Love it.

Let’s smash this homestand before taking on GSW
    '' We are here!!''

What a game, what a win! Am I dreaming? Don't wake Me up!

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    What an outstanding performance.

I was still nervous even with a 25 point lead... but we played superb. Love it.

Let’s smash this homestand before taking on GSW
    its a big thing about the 3pointer and todays game, you can be 20-30 up and that never feels safe.

I like how Frank Jackson showed out last night. He is going to be the team MVP one day.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I like how Frank Jackson showed out last night. He is going to be the team MVP one day.
    ROY first. MVP next. After that, conquer the world! Lol.
    RIP FlyGirl

For those commenting on the Raptors bench, they hung 35 points on the Cavs last night.

To me the most impressive stat of the night was AD's 8 assists. His new found ability to find someone out of the double team is probably worth 6-8 points per game. We expect 3-4 per but 8 is a whole different level.

Losing Ariza was huge. He's 32 and looked 23 for the Suns today

I’m most impressed with Payton and Moore, I think they both played superb. Moore played some smart Ball yesterday, didn’t force anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    I’m most impressed with Payton and Moore, I think they both played superb. Moore played some smart Ball yesterday, didn’t force anything.
    Still got that amazing floater too

Just wish someone would instill some confidence in Miller

if/when miller gets hot we may beat teams by 30

So I'm rewatching the game from last night.

1st Qtr Thoughts:

Niko got an "easy" 10 points. What I mean is he didn't force anything. His shots came in the flow of the game and off of rebounds/hustle.

AD doing AD things.

The Rockets tried to string together a few runs in the qtr but the Pels did good answering Everytime.

Randle guarded every position on the floor. Which I noticed happened more later in the season last year for the Lakers. The guy just has the speed and size to cover nearly every type of player.

Solomon Hill looked like the local guy from the YMCA who thinks he's a better baller than he actually is with his hair that way.

I'll post each qtr as I go.

2nd Qtr thoughts:

I know people are going to hate on Solomon Hill because his +/- was a - 12 for the game but he did nothing to earn that negative rating so far. Other Pels players made some dumb plays while he was on the court and that hurt him.

There were a couple of really bad missed fouls. One that literally cleared Jrue completely off the court that didn't get called. Early season, so I'll give it a pass but Jrue could have gotten really hurt.

CP3 was absolutely terrible running the offense on his own. He just chunked the ball over and over.

Houston has a ton of bad 3pt shooters in a system that is built around taking a ton of 3s. They are going to be worse this season than last.

Harden and Carmelo are terrible defenders. Like, extremely terrible.

Payton had some good rebounds. He went into the paint and actually fought for some. We need that from him because Moore is so small at the 3.

Harden complained about Pj's defense on an AD lob and I literally laughed out loud.

Our starting lineup never stops moving. If we keep that up we are going to be hard to stop. The Rockets tried to go small against them and got destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    2nd Qtr thoughts:

I know people are going to hate on Solomon Hill because his +/- was a - 12 for the game but he did nothing to earn that negative rating so far. Other Pels players made some dumb plays while he was on the court and that hurt him.

There were a couple of really bad missed fouls. One that literally cleared Jrue completely off the court that didn't get called. Early season, so I'll give it a pass but Jrue could have gotten really hurt.

CP3 was absolutely terrible running the offense on his own. He just chunked the ball over and over.

Houston has a ton of bad 3pt shooters in a system that is built around taking a ton of 3s. They are going to be worse this season than last.

Harden and Carmelo are terrible defenders. Like, extremely terrible.

Payton had some good rebounds. He went into the paint and actually fought for some. We need that from him because Moore is so small at the 3.

Harden complained about Pj's defense on an AD lob and I literally laughed out loud.

Our starting lineup never stops moving. If we keep that up we are going to be hard to stop. The Rockets tried to go small against them and got destroyed.
    Wait until you watch the end of the 3rd quarter.

3rd:

They gave some ticky tacky fouls early on the Pels. Then missed quite a few fouls where AD got hit. I seriously think he might have been fouled on the majority of plays where he has the ball.

Mirotic did some work in the 3rd. I feel like the Rockets kind of gave up after Mirotic torched them.

Our pace except for one small part of the 3rd has just been crazy. We are going to win a lot of games just by running opponents out of the building.

Jrue's shot looked completely off but his defense has been outstanding. If we get Randle and Niko every game he will be able to focus on just shutting guys down.

I still can't stand Eric Gordon.

I know Payton has long been tagged as a Rondo-type PG, but to my eye he has a little more Jason Kidd in him--a big lead guard who likes to rebound and initiate the break himself. Kidd was a phenomenal passer, but early in his career he was routinely referred to as "'Ason" Kidd because he had no "J." Oddly, Kidd finished his career as one of the most prolific 3-point shooters in NBA history. Just goes to show guys can develop, even later in their careers.

4th:

Ugh. What a start to it. Ugly. The refs were terrible and the Pels equally so. Finally felt like it calmed down around the 10 minute mark but it was a bad stretch.

AD showed some crazy handles on a few plays.

Randle was playing hurt in the 4th. Hopefully nothing long term.

Elfrid had a quiet triple double. When they announced he had it I was surprised.

This was an interesting game because even being up big for so long we still struggled enough that there is plenty to work on.

I understand why Gentry played his starters so much. The game got out of hand for a bit and he wanted to get them to come back from that.

Cool analysis. Thanks.

Can you guys imagine what it will be like when we get "big league" and they start calling BS stuff in our favor?

Thread Information