Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Davis interview with Rachel Nichols

Banned

Pelicans Davis interview with Rachel Nichols

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I hope it continues to prepare the fans for his leaving. The guy has been nothing but great for us, and now plans to move on. And he owes us nothing more than what he’s already given us.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I hope it continues to prepare the fans for his leaving. The guy has been nothing but great for us, and now plans to move on. And he owes us nothing more than what he’s already given us.
    I hate this way of thinking. So you’ve just given up? You’re not even gonna give this season a shot?

Man it's over too many leaks are coming out. Sad but I'm accepting fate especially how horrible this team has been looking in preseason
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I hate this way of thinking. So you’ve just given up? You’re not even gonna give this season a shot?
    I agree way to many leaks.

Banned
    I wonder if Boogie would have stayed here been enough to convince Davis to stay here?

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    I wonder if Boogie would have stayed here been enough to convince Davis to stay here?
    Once Cousins got injured AD was over him. If he had wanted Cousins to stay, Cousins would still be here.

If AD is out it will stink, but as for now he is going to Do It Big.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    My take is that he's being honest when he says it's about winning. And from what I can tell, the org has stepped up in providing him with what he needs, from his trainers to his teammates. We are one player away from being really scary to other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    My take is that he's being honest when he says it's about winning. And from what I can tell, the org has stepped up in providing him with what he needs, from his trainers to his teammates. We are one player away from being really scary to other teams.
    Yeah our starters were really scary to those raptor bench players...

I don't buy into the whole "we were only giving 20% effort on defense". Gentry wouldn't have played his starters 30+ minutes just so they could sleepwalk through the game.

I'm not worried at all about our offense but defense is yet again a big question mark.

Hesus, the Celtics have the Kings’ top 1 protected pick in 2019.

What would you take from the Celtics for AD?

I would trade him as soon as he rejects the supermax offer next summer. Gotta sell high, get what you can, and build the new pieces around Jrue. As bad as I would like AD to remain a Pelican, I understand there's a decent chance he may be in a different uniform by 2020. I really hope i'm wrong but i'm starting to come to the realization that he's already made his mind up on his future.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 10-12-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Along with what else? No way would I only take that.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Along with what else? No way would I only take that.

No, the question is “What would you take from the Celtics for AD?”

There's nothing in that video to suggest he wants to or will leave.

It's up to this team and this organization.
    If they don't put a winning team around him then how can anyone be mad if he leaves?

He is going to the Lakers. He is basically saying this is a lame duck season which he will use to showcase his greatness for a move to a big market. The team has regressed. They could not even stop Toronto’s backups. Defense is a mindset, and this team is soft without Rondo and Boogie. Solomon Hill is a black hole. Boogie’s injury set this franchise back a decade. I just hope we can get Kuzma, Ingram, and 2 first rounders. The only way we save this is if we pull off a trade for Jimmy Butler who actually makes us a contender.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    There's nothing in that video to suggest he wants to or will leave.

It's up to this team and this organization.
    If they don't put a winning team around him then how can anyone be mad if he leaves?

CP3 never really wanted to leave either. Can you imagine if CP3 had stayed here?
    Last edited by Toad504; 10-12-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    He is going to the Lakers. He is basically saying this is a lame duck season which he will use to showcase his greatness for a move to a big market. The team has regressed. They could not even stop Toronto’s backups. Defense is a mindset, and this team is soft without Rondo and Boogie. Solomon Hill is a black hole. Boogie’s injury set this franchise back a decade. I just hope we can get Kuzma, Ingram, and 2 first rounders. The only way we save this is if we pull off a trade for Jimmy Butler who actually makes us a contender.
    Cousins wasn't going to help make this team Not soft. He's second place behind KD on softest players in the league. Cousins couldn't even make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    CP3 never really wanted to leave either. Can you imagine if CP3 had stayed here?
    He'd have the same amount of championships.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Once Cousins got injured AD was over him. If he had wanted Cousins to stay, Cousins would still be here.
    I don't think so. AD was pretty surprised that Cousins ghosted us like that. I think he genuinely had a feeling that him, Cousins, and Jrue were going to be something special in the future.

We always talked about after the Golden State series that "oh just wait till Boogie comes back, it'll be different." Well Boogie went to the enemy and now our future as a contender is in serious jeopardy because of him.

Whether we like it or not, Cousins is a superstar. With him and Davis on the team, there was potential to bring in someone else of that caliber to this team, and that could've triggered AD to re-sign with us.

So, I think Cousins is the one to blame here, if we get screwed over in the end (like we always do.)

For he record, I think AD loves New Orleans and would love nothing more than to win a title here. Having said that, he is smart to put pressure on the organization. I believe the stuff was leaked for several reasons.

1. As said above, he wants to put pressure on the organization. If the team isn’t up to scratch, it better be soon or he is out of here. No more dawdling around (tbf we did a lot in the offseason plus the Niko trade really worked in our favor).

2.Lebron came to the West. If AD wants an easy road to the finals, he can go to the East.

3. He can team up with Lebron. If you can’t beat the super teams, join them. It’s a shame that we have to coexist with two of the best teams in the last decade (in the same division no less) and LEBRON. The West is a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Boogie’s injury set this franchise back a decade.
    Agree. That really set us back and now we seem to be starting over.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I don't think so. AD was pretty surprised that Cousins ghosted us like that. I think he genuinely had a feeling that him, Cousins, and Jrue were going to be something special in the future.

We always talked about after the Golden State series that "oh just wait till Boogie comes back, it'll be different." Well Boogie went to the enemy and now our future as a contender is in serious jeopardy because of him.

Whether we like it or not, Cousins is a superstar. With him and Davis on the team, there was potential to bring in someone else of that caliber to this team, and that could've triggered AD to re-sign with us.

So, I think Cousins is the one to blame here, if we get screwed over in the end (like we always do.)
    No. If AD wanted Cousins on this team, Cousins would be on this team right now. Do you honestly think Dell played hardball with Cousins if AD was in the background telling him he better bring Cousins back? That's not how this went. AD was perfectly fine with Cousins leaving and so Dell handled it accordingly.

AD wasn't making phone calls to Cousins this offseason. He was busy recruiting Randle. That should tell you right there what happened.

Thread Information