Pelicans Report

Thread: Cord-cutter options for watching Pels

Cord-cutter options for watching Pels

don’t pay for cable in New Orleans but want to watch the Pels broadcast. League Pass says I’m not allowed to watch live games-WTF!! Does anyone know what options are out there as far as alternatives to cable? Sling TV, Dish, YouTube, etc. that will have the Fox SW broadcast?
    Right-on to the real, Death to the fakers

Do league pass and get a Vpn like Nord Vpn. It tricks the server into thinking you are somewhere else. Its about 10 bucks a month for the vpn.

Or Reddit if you can watch the games live. I like league pass because you can watch them any time if you miss them live.

sling with fox sports option has the games.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Do league pass and get a Vpn like Nord Vpn. It tricks the server into thinking you are somewhere else. Its about 10 bucks a month for the vpn.

Or Reddit if you can watch the games live. I like league pass because you can watch them any time if you miss them live.
    Yeah, I also use NordVPN, it's great. Monthly price could be cheaper, but there are good yearly deals like this for example.

Or just go to /r/nbastreams, but I like the versatility, to watch BBC iPlayer for example.

There is a service I used all last year because League Pass said I lived in the blackout zone (even though I'm over 3hrs away from Nola). I got tired of fighting reddit streams with their pop-ups and trash links. You have to pay $100 for the entire season but it's cheaper than League Pass and you get all of the games for every team through the finals. You can even save the games for later watching. If someone is interested PM me and I'll tell the name.

I've tried SlingTV, DirecTV Now, and Dish Network, I've tried reddit streams, I refuse to give League Pass money when they'd force me to buy a VPN just to trick them into me earning the privilege of paying them. All those options are either terrible user experiences (reddit streams) or more expensive than I'd want to spend since I already have Netflix, Hulu, and Prime. The cheapest 100% legal way is SlingTV which is $25/month.

The problem I have with Sling (and we have it in our home) is that for regular tv it is great, but for live events (Saints games, Michigan games, LSU, Pels) there is a lag of a few seconds. I remember a couple of years ago during a Saints game a big play had happened, and my neighbor started cheering a few seconds before we did. It also hurts when you are listening to the game on the radio (because who wants to listen to Joe Buck and troy Aikman) and the radio is ahead of the tv in broadcasting what’s happening.

If you don’t mind a lag, go with Sling, otherwise just go with Reddit for live events.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 10-11-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I have SlingTV with the Sports Extras mini package added on. I still can’t watch FSNO on there though, sadly. For me to watch live and NOT on Reddit streams, I have to use the FoxSportsGo app and log in through a friend’s service provider and that friend has to have a package that has that channel on it already.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The problem I have with Sling (and we have it in our home) is that for regular tv it is great, but for live events (Saints games, Michigan games, LSU, Pels) there is a lag of a few seconds. I remember a couple of years ago during a Saints game a big play had happened, and my neighbor started cheering a few seconds before we did. It also hurts when you are listening to the game on the radio (because who wants to listen to Joe Buck and troy Aikman) and the radio is ahead of the tv in broadcasting what’s happening.

If you don’t mind a lag, go with asking, otherwise just go with Reddit for live events.
    That's every streaming / satellite service though. If you want to watch the live game without that delay your only options are either Antenna (for Saints games) or Cox/cable TV provider. Anytime I've watched a Pels game at the end of the games like the last 2 minutes in the 4th qtr I've had to stop reading the forums because of the delay. Unfortunately that's just kind of how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I have SlingTV with the Sports Extras mini package added on. I still can’t watch FSNO on there though, sadly. For me to watch live and NOT on Reddit streams, I have to use the FoxSportsGo app and log in through a friend’s service provider and that friend has to have a package that has that channel on it already.
    Are you in Nola? I'm assuming so, See these are the types of hoops they make you jump through that are just idiotic. Blackout areas were a thing that made sense 30 years ago. But the way people watch live events has changed. I'm so glad I just stopped using all of those services. The Grey market simply makes things easier without all the stupid headaches of trying to watch your favorite team.

You have to go to where the repetitive fox southwest type icons are and look into one of those. That is where the pels games are located. They will have OKC sometimes as well.

Thanks y’all. Might give sling a try. Would like to go League Pass but that’s bs that they would blackout local games when FSW shows them anyway.

I've used Sling for the past three years and it works well. As others noted, Pels games are usually on one of the Fox Sports Southwest channels (there are like five of them, all listed in a row) along with the Thunder, Spurs and Mavs. I've also used the Fox app, which seems to have better picture quality but is a balkier stream, at least on my Roku device.

I think last year someone told me it wasn’t possible to watch the Pels on sling. And the channel search I did seemed to confirm that. I’ll check it out again before this season really kicks off. Good thing about sling is the flexibility! I’ll figure it out.

I think last year someone told me it wasn’t possible to watch the Pels on sling. And the channel search I did seemed to confirm that. I’ll check it out again before this season really kicks off. Good thing about sling is the flexibility! I’ll figure it out.
    sling blue includes fox sports.... you do, however, have to live in the region to get the pels on the southwest channel

Quote Originally Posted by thisisowen View Post
    sling blue includes fox sports.... you do, however, have to live in the region to get the pels on the southwest channel
    Yeah I just saw that on the site. If I switch to blue, I lose ESPN. Lame. I don’t wanna do blue + orange cause that’s $50 and it’s not that serious lol.

Banned
    Yeah I just saw that on the site. If I switch to blue, I lose ESPN. Lame. I don’t wanna do blue + orange cause that’s $50 and it’s not that serious lol.
    $50? You Might as well buy cable again. I've been impressed with ATT-Uverse so far. I got the bundle for $90 a month. At least I was able to see the Astros this year on ATT Sports SW.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    $50? You Might as well buy cable again. I've been impressed with ATT-Uverse so far. I got the bundle for $90 a month. At least I was able to see the Astros this year on ATT Sports SW.
    In 9 months, U-Verse completely stopped worked 30 times. That’s just the times I counted personally. I kept a tally. Ended up paying the early termination fee. I’m not paying the $50 though. So I’m good to go now.

Banned
    In 9 months, U-Verse completely stopped worked 30 times. That’s just the times I counted personally. I kept a tally. Ended up paying the early termination fee. I’m not paying the $50 though. So I’m good to go now.
    I'm just doing this till my one year contract expires. Unless they give me a better deal. Trust me I'm not going to be that customer that forgets when his contracted discounts expire then get hit with $200 a month. It upsets me that these Streaming Companies like Sling and DIrectTVNOW are creeping up $5 more every 6 months. Then you got Cox Cable who got real slick and decided to add fees by how much you watch on internet.

Banned
    Someone told me ESPN+ (Premium ESPN) will be also airing games in NOLA area. I know they had aired regional baseball games during baseball season.

I've gone the ps vue route since you can dvr the games on every TV or device. It's more expensive, but still less than cable. Plus like the other live streamers, you can cencel at any time.

It probably gives my computer cancer but I use Sportsbay.org when I need to. Have league pass in GA but use it when I get blacked out of nationally televised games (no cable).

Thread Information