Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AD Parts Ways With His Agent

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Pelicans AD Parts Ways With His Agent

https://twitter.com/espnlosangeles/s...338589698?s=21

I know this may seem like an ordinary thing, but I don’t know, every time a superstar parts with his agent for someone new, it always seems like it doesn’t bode well for the team he’s playing for currently.

Maybe I’m just paranoid because of what happened with CP3, but I definitely think this is newsworthy.

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

I know this may seem like an ordinary thing, but I don’t know, every time a superstar parts with his agent for someone new, it always seems like it doesn’t bode well for the team he’s playing for currently.

Maybe I’m just paranoid because of what happened with CP3, but I definitely think this is newsworthy.

Discuss.
    Pels will be fine, AD wants to make sure the supermax gives him more guaranteed money. He will reup with supermax unless something drastic happens to roster but the pels are going after another max player next year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

Discuss.
    Jrue changed agents before he signed with pelicans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Jrue changed agents before he signed with pelicans

Didn’t he sign with AD’s now old agent? Jrue’s way isn’t a traditional way. Most players who change agents, also change teams.

AD wants the most control of his future as possible so he went with the most powerful agent he could get.

Doesnt mean anything will happen. It just means he is covering all his bases.

I can see a argument being made for either side. However agents do so much more than work with teams so it could be more about endorsement opportunities than his attitude towards the team.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I can see a argument being made for either side. However agents do so much more than work with teams so it could be more about endorsement opportunities than his attitude towards the team.
    I would be inclined to think this is the case as well. He hasn't given any indication of wanting to leave so far. It seems he is willing to play his entire career here provided he can actually win something. Last season showed the team is heading in the right direction. I think the sky is the limit with this year's version as well.

Anything less than 50 wins this year will be a disappointment to me, barring major injuries.

Both Crewz and Kumar have said this has nothing to do with him leaving and everything about getting better endorsements.

Everyone needs to chill

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This is insightful. I hadn't thought of the endorsement angle but it makes a lot of sense.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah. I mean the last good commercial I saw AD in was the one with Harden.

Oh, and he did that thing with Pixels. You know the great movie that was Pixels? Staring Adam Sandler?

Nah, ADs best commercial was the season ticket Frankie and Johnny "let em have it" spoof with the green fake Mardi gras cigar

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Nah, ADs best commercial was the season ticket Frankie and Johnny "let em have it" spoof with the green fake Mardi gras cigar
    and that is probably why he has a new agent!
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    This move is more about endorsements. AD is now in the Lebron, Klutch, Translation orbit. Translation is the firm that links up a lot of these players on the marketing side, and AD wants in, as he should.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This changes nothing as far as I’m concerned. We need to be better this season. Put our team in a position to face GSW later in the playoffs and to get further than game 5. But it’ll start with the first game. We need to be fast, and score early and often and play stout defense. Force the NBA to yield notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    This changes nothing as far as I’m concerned. We need to be better this season. Put our team in a position to face GSW later in the playoffs and to get further than game 5. But it’ll start with the first game. We need to be fast, and score early and often and play stout defense. Force the NBA to yield notice.
    +1

For m, AD stays as long as we look like we're doing something, regardless of who his agent is. He pretty clearly wants to stick around, and as long as we give him a reason to do so, he will.

First step is winning 50 games this season.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    the one thing im glad about him signing with rich paul is that this signing will put pressure on the org to build a winning team around AD and may get some big names to play with AD...this could be the blessing we need to getting star players...

on the bad side..if we dont win or getting close to winning a title,,,all of yall are fools if you think rich paul would not push AD for a trade out of here..they will not stand for having the new NBA face of the company playing for a loosing team and not contending for a title....yall keep fooling yall self if you dont think signing with them dont mean a change in teams if the pelicans dont put a championship team out in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the one thing im glad about him signing with rich paul is that this signing will put pressure on the org to build a winning team around AD and may get some big names to play with AD...this could be the blessing we need to getting star players...

on the bad side..if we dont win or getting close to winning a title,,,all of yall are fools if you think rich paul would not push AD for a trade out of here..they will not stand for having the new NBA face of the company playing for a loosing team and not contending for a title....yall keep fooling yall self if you dont think signing with them dont mean a change in teams if the pelicans dont put a championship team out in the future...
    Honestly, can we really expect him to just stay here for his entire career and never sniff a title? I would almost want him to go somewhere that he could do some damage if we can get a nice return.

Of course I would much rather Dell gets a team around him that he can win the next 10 ships in the SKC. But I won't hate on him for leaving if he nears the end of his next contract and we still haven't threatened to make it past the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    ... I would almost want him to go somewhere that he could do some damage ...
    Which is where? Golden State? Where else can he be almost guaranteed of a title?

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    They certainly are not intentionally trying not to build a winning team around him. It's a matter of managing the cap better and convincing stars that they want to come here and play with AD rather than luring him away. That is one of the downsides of losing Cousins. With both of them here, it may have been easier to convince someone else to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Which is where? Golden State? Where else can he be almost guaranteed of a title?
    Nowhere. I guess if Kawhi stays in Toronto, Lowry somehow doesn't fall off an absolute cliff, their young guys develop well, and AD joined them then there would at least be a path to the finals. Even then, I have no idea what Toronto's cap is like so I could just be ranting nonsense.

There really isn't anywhere except Houston or Boston that would give a guaranteed shot against Golden State, and given that Houston looks poised to take a swandive in defense and Boston looks like they might lose Kyrie, those changes might well be dropping too.

Better off just staying and getting the supermax.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    No way we trade AD. If we do I’d try to send him to Boston.

CELTICS receive: AD, Solomon Hill, a 2019 second round pick.

PELICANS receive: Tatum, Horford, Rozier and both of their 2019 first round picks.

That’s fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nowhere. I guess if Kawhi stays in Toronto, Lowry somehow doesn't fall off an absolute cliff, their young guys develop well, and AD joined them then there would at least be a path to the finals. Even then, I have no idea what Toronto's cap is like so I could just be ranting nonsense.

There really isn't anywhere except Houston or Boston that would give a guaranteed shot against Golden State, and given that Houston looks poised to take a swandive in defense and Boston looks like they might lose Kyrie, those changes might well be dropping too.

Better off just staying and getting the supermax.
    Theres really no contending team that would be able to sign him outright, because they are all over the cap.

The only way he could go would be in a trade, and that trade would have to include some superstar back in return, which pretty much leaves that team in the same position they were in before.

Theres no scenario I see where AD would possibly even ask out before the end of next season, he loves the coach, the system, and the guys here, and he knows we are just 1 SF away from being real contenders, which is very possible we get that piece this year

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Theres really no contending team that would be able to sign him outright, because they are all over the cap.

The only way he could go would be in a trade, and that trade would have to include some superstar back in return, which pretty much leaves that team in the same position they were in before.

Theres no scenario I see where AD would possibly even ask out before the end of next season, he loves the coach, the system, and the guys here, and he knows we are just 1 SF away from being real contenders, which is very possible we get that piece this year
    Yeah I agree, personally I don't see AD leaving at all. Just thinking out loud about what scenarios could even be attractive to him if he were to want out

The whole point of the supermax was to be able to give small market teams a way to hold onto their star players.

If AD turns down the supermax to try and go win somewhere else then clearly they need to come up with something new for the next CBA because the supermax will have failed to do the one thing it was designed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    No way we trade AD. If we do I’d try to send him to Boston.

CELTICS receive: AD, Solomon Hill, a 2019 second round pick.

PELICANS receive: Tatum, Horford, Rozier and both of their 2019 first round picks.

That’s fair.

Rozier
    Holiday
    Tatum
    Mirotic
    Horford

Not too bad

Thread Information