Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Man, you are wound a bit too tight. All I did was state factual numbers. In such a short time, you have become the self proclaimed "know it all" of all Post! You should chill a bit with the arrogant, aggressive mind numbing everlasting soliloquy's . So you want everyone to know that you know more than everyone else . I Get it . Maybe you should try some cycling or hiking or something to release some of that pent up anger. Makes one wonder if you may be MM's doppelgänger. Huh. God Bless.
    Quit spouting off the same drivel over and over when its wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yep, you're right. Unless he's going to sign for something stupid like $5m a year, which we all know he won't.
    He signed for $12M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    He signed for $12M

Gotcha, so LA is totally broke now outside of trades/S&T
    Basketball.

Woj just echoed what Marks said and thinks it will be hard to outright sign Cousins now.

Seems like it really comes down to who blinks and gets the slightly better deal, Cousins or Pels.

Awesome news for us, pretty much takes them out of the Cousins sweepstakes, unless they want to give up Ingram and Kuzma for him

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Woj just echoed what Marks said and thinks it will be hard to outright sign Cousins now.

Seems like it really comes down to who blinks and gets the slightly better deal for Cousins.
    Is it even possible? After signing Lebron, they had $13m cap left. Then they signed KCP for $12m. They have like $1.4m left.

Is it even possible? After signing Lebron, they had $13m cap left. Then they signed KCP for $12m. They have like $1.4m left.
    Marks is doing a run down on ESPN NEWS right now.

I'll report back.

Gotcha, so LA is totally broke now outside of trades/S&T
    Not sure where they are cap wise but now Leonard saying he wouldnt mind going to Philly

What about Jules Randell? Can the Lakers resign him?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Yes now the Lakers basically have to trade Deng (which no team will help them do for cheap) and not take salary back. This would open up roughly 20m but still low for Cousins. Alternatively they could renounce Randle but then they lose him for nothing and it only gives them 16m ish to play with.

It's all sign and trades from here on out to get Cousins. My bet is they are focused on trading for Leonard now and have given up on Cousins. Either player now requires a trade to get a deal Done.

Per Marks on ESPN. Yeah, basically with KCP money gets really tight, which assumes they release several players. They could renounce Randle and free up some space(but I don't see them doing that because he is definitely the sort of asset the Spurs would be interested in) and they can stretch Luol Deng and free up a few more million.

TLDR is that my interpretation is that any deal for Cousins would require a sign and trade because there isn't a scenario where they can free up a whole lot of cap space as is unless they start shedding assets they probably need in a Spurs trade, like multiple first rounders.

L.A. blew their wad *No pun intended* with LeBron. No one is gonna take Deng without giving back a bad deal. Unless they get lucky and renounce Randle's rights, and stretch Deng over 5 years, they'll still be a little short of what we can offer. I think we're good now

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes now the Lakers basically have to trade Deng (which no team will help them do for cheap) and not take salary back. This would open up roughly 20m but still low for Cousins. Alternatively they could renounce Randle but then they lose him for nothing and it only gives them 16m ish to play with.

It's all sign and trades from here on out to get Cousins. My bet is they are focused on trading for Leonard now and have given up on Cousins. Either player now requires a trade to get a deal Done.
    Great, so now Boogie can just sign with us and stop trying to leverage a team with no cash against us.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Quit spouting off the same drivel over and over when its wrong
    SEE ! Again, I posted Numbers, thats all. The rest of the post, regarding you is absolutely true. Godspeed

Great, so now Boogie can just sign with us and stop trying to leverage a team with no cash against us.
    I mean he is trying to get the best deal for himself. But yes his options are limited now.

I think we get a team friendly deal.

Crazy as it is this might be one of those rare moments in the Demps era where we get the better end of signing a major player. Definitely seems like it won't be an Eric Gordon situation.

Unless we bid against ourselves, which by all accounts we aren't doing, I'm not even sure Cousins could leverage a 20 million a year contract from a quality team without us extending some goodwill.

LA is instantly Houston/GS level. You guys are sleeping in you think it will take a few years for them to get there. The West just got insane. Worse....while I think if we had Boogie we match-up nicely against Houston and GS, LeBron will straight up annihilate us.

This is great if you hate GS. Bad for Pelfans.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I mean he is trying to get the best deal for himself. But yes his options are limited now.

I think we get a team friendly deal.
    I know, and I don't really blame him for it, but as a fan and someone who wants him back, I just wish he'd resigned here immediately with none of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    LA is instantly Houston/GS level. You guys are sleeping in you think it will take a few years for them to get there. The West just got insane. Worse....while I think if we had Boogie we match-up nicely against Houston and GS, LeBron will straight up annihilate us.

I don't agree.

How on earth is a lineup of Ball/KCP/Lebron/Ingram/Lopez, with Kuzma as a 6th man, better than Curry/Klay/Durant/Draymond/Whoever, with Iguodala as a 6th man?

People are overlooking 1 thing. About boogie to the lakers... Lebron’s contract allows for him to be sign and traded from Cleveland to the lakers. It would be difficult for them to match salaries, but it could happen. A sign and trade would allow for the Lakers to go over the cap to aquire Lebron. It’s all about the order that they carry out transactions; something like this:

1) sign Caldwell-Pope
    2) sign Boogie w/ whatever cap space remains
    3) sign and trade for Lebron pushing them over the cap

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I wouldn't go THAT far. But no. The west is annoying better and that weight, that feel pressing down on us, is the glass ceiling. As if we have already gotten as good as this era of New Orleans basketball will ever get.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post

If the Lakers dont get Kawhi or Boogie, than no tf they arent.
    They'll be a playoff team, but this isnt the East we're talking about.

Lebron gonna lose to the Warriors 4 times a year during the regular season and 4 more during the post season
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I've been outside talking to a friend. Lebron going to the Lakers... Did I miss anything else in the past 2 hours?

Yeah unless they get Kawhi, or unless Brandon Ingram/Lonzo Ball/Kuzma all take some sort of monumental leaps, I think the Warriors are safe barring injury.

Rockets I'm a bit more skeptical of because of Paul's health and losing their best wing defender in Ariza.

Thread Information